shape
carat
color
clarity

IT''S READY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to keep you guys waiting. We just got back home from dinner. Here''s the first of many to come!

neweringpics 1.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
I think this stone is more firey than my old one.

neweringpics 10.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
My husband said he''s not sure if he notices much of a size difference from my old and new diamond. I told him, "Then I must get a 3 carat!" HAHA! Ladies, I think this is as big as I can go. Unless my vision fails me and then I must get a larger diamond to compensate. My husband said "You can get lasik!"

neweringpics 24.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
It's GORGEOUS!! Wow, you must be so thrilled. What do you think is wrong with the prongs??

ETA More pics please!!!!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
The diamond looks oily in this picture--I think I got a fingerprint smudge on it.

neweringpics 13.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Demelza, the prongs are not rounded off, the tips look too tall. In fact they are as tall as the table of the diamond. The tip of one of the prongs is only half sitting on the diamond. The diamond is secure for now but I just don''t think it''s set right. When I look at it carefully, the other 2 prongs are not flush with the diamond either. I can see tiny gaps between the prongs and the diamond.
7.gif
I am meticulous and this bugs the hell out of me. I notices within the first minute of examing my ring. I just wonder why others don''t notice these things as readily. Well, I am going to get it fixed next week.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

neweringpics 14.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif

neweringpics 31.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about the prongs. I think you might not want to wear it if 2 of the prongs aren't touching the diamond. That sounds like it could be dangerous. I would take it to a jeweler first thing tomorrow to get it checked out.

Still, though, it looks amazing!!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I know what you mean. It''s not safe. The diamond is sitting in the "V" cutout in each of the prongs. It''s just the tip of the prong where it''s not right. I can''t get it fixed this week.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just gorgeous. I am sorry about the prongs, get it checked tomorrow. It was worth waiting up for Leila!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh, you''re too cute! Did you really stay up for my pictures? Sorry to keep you waiting. I''ll take more for ya!
28.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sorry about the prongs but....WOW!!!! That looks fantastic on your hand! AND HUGE. Love it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emsmilep.gif
emotion-19.gif
IT''S A MONSTER!!!
emthup.gif
It looks huge on your hand! Sorry too about the prongs, but I am sure they can be adjusted easily. Very Very nice indeed
emwink.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful !

I love it.

dyanne

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!!
3.gif

I love the setting too. It looks wonderful on your hand with your wedding band.

But make sure you bring it to a reputable jeweler and have them take a look at it. I''d get an appraisal too while you''re at it.

You don''t want anything bad to happen.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! it''s such the perfect size for your hand!! looks so great. sorry to hear about the prongs. i am sure that can be fixed in a jiffy!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Sa - weeeet!

I used to think a 2ct was too big...I am slowly becoming a converter.
31.gif
My hubby better watch out!
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks just perfect on you, not too big at all
31.gif

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
Oh Leila,
It looks JUST BEAUTIFUL.
36.gif

Congratulations.

lilyinct

Shiny_Rock
Leila-

That ring looks perfect on your hands...Congrats!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Leila, your ring is truly a stunner!! The diamond looks perfect in the setting, and it looks great on your hand!!
30.gif
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Leila, it''s stunning of course!!

I also would not wear it if 2 of the prongs are not touching the diamond, that could be a recipe for disaster, get it checked out ASAP!

Looks lovely....is that a matching set of rings?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I did wait up miss Leila. It was definitely worth it, who needs beauty sleep when there are gorgeous diamonds to look at?? Lol. So did you take it to the jeweler?? Did they fix it for you??

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Thanks for the compliments! GOG told us we should send the ring back to have it fixed because if we get it done elsewhere, it voids precision set's warrantee. I'm too busy this week to get anything done so I'll have it appraised next week and see what the jeweler says. It looks like something very simple to fix. I just hate to send it back. I once had to send a pendant back 3 times, it's no fun.
ETA: More pics tonight!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Good Lord and have Mercy, those first pics just did not even come close to doing that thing justice. It is gorgeous on your hand. Oh my gracious!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
May we have more please?

shay

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hi Leila!!!

Excellent pictures! I especially like the one that shows the contrast!

1.gif

I believe my staff is already taking care of you but I just wanted to comment that what you are seeing is actually very normal. We''ve never experienced any problems with Precision Sets setting jobs and my QA staff is pretty tight here. Rarely does anything get by Christen and Marie and they are real nit pickers so if they give the ok you can bet it is safe so I didn''t want you to worry about any safety issues or setting issues. With that assurance you can wear it with full confidence. Personally I don''t think you should change anything but if for any reason you are not happy, we are here to serve. If you do decide to have us have Precision Set redo it (thus keeping the warranty in tact) you may want to get a 2nd opinion locally. If another professional expresses concern we are here to take care of you.

Warm regards,
Jonathan

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Jonathan. Yes I plan to have a local jeweler take a look at it. The diamond seems secure, it''s sitting in the "V" cutouts in each of the prongs but what I am concerned about is it looks like the prongs can easily snag on something and potentially break or weaken because it''s not pressed down on the diamond. I''ve attached a picture so you''ll know what I mean.

prongs 5.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I see exactly what you are talking about. I would send it back to GOG and have that fixed.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

neweringpics 18.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results