carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Its here!! Liquid diamond reset by Victor Canera for 5.3 OEC

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Its here!! Liquid diamond reset by Victor Canera for 5.3

I love lower colors, so I naturally am in love with your ring. Just might be the loveliest ring I've ever drooled over on Pricescope!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My ring made it to Jewel of the Week!!! :shock:
I am so happily surprised and honored. I honestly feel I owe this ring to the lovely PS community in terms of inspiration and nudging me in the right direction and comforting me about going international (and being bluntly honest about my former setting with the extra large bezel :evil: ). Thank you all!!!

Thank you for your kind words Leyhuong and Derbygal!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is a beautiful ring, enjoy!

DK :))

braga123

Brilliant_Rock

Acinom|1383980425|3553263 said:
My ring made it to Jewel of the Week!!! :shock:
I am so happily surprised and honored. I honestly feel I owe this ring to the lovely PS community in terms of inspiration and nudging me in the right direction and comforting me about going international (and being bluntly honest about my former setting with the extra large bezel :evil: ). Thank you all!!!

Thank you for your kind words Leyhuong and Derbygal!

Of course it did! It's stunning. One question for you...have you found a matching band...not that it needs one, but I am curious to see if you wear it alone or if you have a band to accompany it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks DK168 and Braga123!!! I have been wearing my ring for 2.5 months now and I am still amazed by the craftmanship and look of the frenchies.

@Braga: before I got the finished ring in my hands, I was convinced that I wanted to stack with a plain or engraved ring. However, I am wearing the ring alone on my right hand and I love the look. :love: I did try to stack with a plain band out of curiosity, but I feel that the tapered design gets lost that way. I guess I am following the footsteps of the other tapered french cut ring owners. Only Wintotty wore hers combined with a very delicate upside down french cut eternity ring. A beautiful and delicate look. I prefer to wear mine without other bands though.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, what a special piece. I covet it!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I just searched for the thread about your ring and it's magnificent! And I think your hand is really beautiful. :)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just have to tell you how much I love your ring! The engravings are a perfect match to the diamond(s) :)

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

So glad this got bumped. I was not around when this was originally posted and I'm glad to have seen it. Simply amazing!!! And that triple milgrain.... yowza!!! I have always liked the lower colored stones in person, so would love to see this one IRL. The sides of this ring are incredible, too, with the french cut diamonds.

I'm curious, how often do you wear this one? You have so many lovely rings, including a lot of wonderful colored stones. Do you pick a ring each day based on your mood, outfit, occasion, etc.?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for your kind words JulieN, Tourmaline, Scandinavian & SparklySoprano

Sparklysoprano: this ring is my every day signature ring. I wear it on my right hand. I have had this ring for over 2 years now and I still enjoy and admire it every day. It took me a while but I enjoy my OEC's final home.

I wear one of my colored stone rings on my left hand which I switch up every day or every other day depending on my mood.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks, Acinom! And I'm so glad you enjoy this one every day. :love:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Acinom stunning ring, I don't think I've read this thread before. I love French cut sides. :love:

bugbear

Shiny_Rock

Wow! Gorgeous!

diabolicaldiamonds

Rough_Rock

Oh my gosh, this ring!!!!! One of my favorites. The French cuts and milgrain are perfection. Jaw dropping, really.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aww, thank you for your kind words Lovinggems, bugbear, ajane5524 & diabolicaldiamonds :wavey:
I am so glad to have discovered tapered french cut settings via PS. It's a true pleasure to wear this ring every day.

Here are some pics I made just now with my phone:

_2136.jpeg

_2137.jpeg

_2138.jpeg

_2139.jpeg

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock

wow defo in my top 10 PS rings what a forever home :love: :love: :love:

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock

Sphene|1456305693|3994842 said:
wow defo in my top 10 PS rings what a forever home :love: :love: :love:

Same here . . . I think the other top 10 PS rings for me are all various of Acinom's rings too. :appl:

Acinom, can I just say that your collection never fails to brighten up my day? I sure love ogling your rings!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thank you Sox and Rosetta! It's so much fun to share this with you. :bigsmile:

One last photo of the detailed engraving on the cup! I wonder how he does it. It's so detailed, but the area is soooo small.
I am happy with the milgrain as well. My stone has been here for a looooong time and I like the vintage nod on the setting. It just fits so well!!

Here are the stats:

5.3 ct OEC
U-V color
11,48 x 11,38 x 6,20 mm (my stone thus is round enough and that's why Victor could make the setting without the center stone).
VS1
Medium to slightly thick (bruted) girdle
Large culet

8 french stones on each side
1,24 ctw
N color

Victor used regular french cuts, but he can also source high dome french stones. Both either cut from existing polished stones or from rough. It took him some time to find the lower colored melee. The N colored frenchies are perfect with my center stone.

_9936.jpg

Hi @Acinom, I just discovered this thread on your absolutely fabulous OEC. Hope you don't mind that I'm giving it a bump.

I couldn't help noticing the depth of your stone is only 54.2%. According to the cut guides it should be impossible for this diamond to be so beautiful, but here it is!!! I wonder if it was cut by the same genius who cut @dreamer_dachsie's wonder stone? These outliers are of great interest to me, and I hope you'll be so kind as to share a copy of the GIA cert.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Hi @Acinom, I just discovered this thread on your absolutely fabulous OEC. Hope you don't mind that I'm giving it a bump.

I couldn't help noticing the depth of your stone is only 54.2%. According to the cut guides it should be impossible for this diamond to be so beautiful, but here it is!!! I wonder if it was cut by the same genius who cut @dreamer_dachsie's wonder stone? These outliers are of great interest to me, and I hope you'll be so kind as to share a copy of the GIA cert.

Thanks for bumping this. This is beyond gorgeous!!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sure! Here you go @prs !
My stone has awful figures and a great performance.
CF81CE7A-2C95-4685-9392-CD3AFBD5F369.jpeg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sure! Here you go @prs !
My stone has awful figures and a great performance.
CF81CE7A-2C95-4685-9392-CD3AFBD5F369.jpeg

Thank you so much @Acinom! The cut proportions of your diamond are definitely different, it's just amazing how well it performs. I have a thread in RT discussing OEC Ideal Cut, here'a a LINK @Karl_K has kindly volunteered to do an analysis of a stone that falls into the mysterious "Area B", and I hope you don't mind I've suggested your diamond for analysis! If you want to skip all the preliminary stuff, it will likely be on Page 7 of that thread.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @Acinom! The cut proportions of your diamond are definitely different, it's just amazing how well it performs. I have a thread in RT discussing OEC Ideal Cut, here'a a LINK @Karl_K has kindly volunteered to do an analysis of a stone that falls into the mysterious "Area B", and I hope you don't mind I've suggested your diamond for analysis! If you want to skip all the preliminary stuff, it will likely be on Page 7 of that thread.

Sure! No worries at All.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results