color
clarity

#JOTW Its here!! Liquid diamond reset by Victor Canera for 5.3 OEC

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Its here!! Liquid diamond reset by Victor Canera for 5.3

:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:
Aww, thank you Luvsdmb, Laila, Rosebloom Scarlett, LLJsmom and Tyty!!! :bigsmile: thank you for your kind words!!! It's really fun to celebraty a little 'ring home coming party' with you :naughty:

Hi Pixgirl: I know your french cut ring and I love it!!! :love: Really nice to be ring sisters! Do you pair yours with a band or do you always wear it standalone?

Diamonseeker: this means so much to me, especially coming from you! Thanks for your advice regarding the milgrain. I can't believe how delicate it is in real life.

Thanks Badabling: photo's indeed do not do it justice. I think Victor makes the rings based on the center stone as well as customer specific wishes? But uhm... What exactly are the 'stems' (I am still a PS newbie) of the ring. I saw PSers referring to it in regards of the Emilya.
I did not specifically ask for different proportions, orher then the OEC to be set as low as possible since the height is already 6.20 mm. And I asked for a clear taper.

As a matter of fact, I really like that every Sophia has a different style: LGK's ring is very ornate and antique looking, yet with an updated and modern vibe.
Then there are the 'modern art deco' Sophia's with either sleek lines or a straight taper like he made for Carat Lover, Angietaren, Renogirl, IDtoTX
And art deco with a vintage nod like he made for bright ice and for me (but perhaps this is arbitrary; I guess the look of the center stones add to the look. In this case a round old cut with a warm color).

Oh. And a big thank you for those of you who talked me out of a RG version. Platinum is great with lower colors diamonds and really complements the look of the frenchies.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Wow, I :love: the handshots! Brilliant ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for the handshots-W :love: W!!! It's a beautiful beautiful ring-a work of art!!! :appl:
Love it and wear in health and happiness always!!!

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock

Love love love your beautiful new setting! One of the prettiest rings I have seen on this forum! Enjoy your new treasure!

It does look so fantastic on your hand. I'm sure people will be looking at that ring with awe! :love: :love: :love:

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

Simply STUNNING! I think I'm more in love with your lovely stone than even before... this is the ultimate perfect setting, a true compliment to your stone. It couldn't have turned out more perfect! :appl:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

Oh wow! I'm so glad everything worked out for you, it's gorgeous! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for your kind words Janesmith, Hlmr, By two little birds, Bbziggy, Missy and Rosetta!!
I am indeed really happy that it worked out like this.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

When I decided to go for the Sophia, I had not seen a french cut diamond in real life and did not really understand the difference between regular, high crown and high dome. I now found a description on VC's Facebook which might be very helpful if you want to choose a french cut ring or band. (I have VC's consent to use the information on PS).

See the different french cut styles on this photo (highly magnified 2 mm stones)

Stone 1 is a standard, four sided table, french cut made from already polished stones.

Stone 2 is a "high crown" 4 sided table french cut made from already polished diamonds. The table is smaller on this stone and the crown higher.

Stone 3 is a very authentic to period, high dome, 8 sided (Octagonal) table french cut polished from rough diamonds. Note the polished culet on this stone and the addition of four minor corner pavilion facets.

I wanted high dome stones originally, but it would stretch my budget a bit too much. VC convinced me to go with the regular french cut. I love the look of LGK's and Bright Ice's stones for which he also used regulars and I decided to go for it! I love the look and it complements my stone perfectly. By the way I believe that the price difference between regular and high crown or high dome is smaller with a smaller center stone.

_10013.jpg

_10015.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

Very helpful French cut comparison. Thanks for sharing!

As for your ring...that milgrain and beading, and those Frenchies. thunk. One could die and go to heaven just wearing that so I'm not sure how you're still alive!!!! Absolutely meticulous work. Wear it in lots of health!!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

The info about the FCs was news to me! I have to go loupe my band now :wink2: Beautiful ring. I just love the details, the stone...its all perfect!

TheGeckoLady

Shiny_Rock

Wow! It’s so lovely and it looks beautiful on your hand, much more elegant than the bezel setting.

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock

This ring is perfection and looks absolutely beautiful on your hand. Wear it in good health!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

So big and beautiful! Wow!

Thanks for the french cut pic too. I've been wondering about the different varieties, and this is a great illustration.

starrynight

Shiny_Rock

Seriously stunning! I love victor's engraving work and love how you had the engraving on the upper "cup"!! It's just perfectttt!

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium

WOW, WOW, WOW! That ring is totally stunning, destined to be a family heirloom. It's elegant yet substantial. The details are just amazing and delicate and timeless. I really love the milgrain and beading. Congratulations on your custom setting!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just read your kind words. Thank you Mikla, Starrynight, GemFever, Mamadelmar, TheGeckoLady, Vinjewels and Pandabee!! :wavey: :wavey:

The french cut diamonds are so special. I love the subdued sparkle.
French cut diamonds are rather expensive but it's really worth it.
I requested quotes from LM, SK and VC.
SK and VC are at the same pricepoint, using regular french cuts. LM's quote was 150% higher but he uses the high dome french cuts I believe.
VC charges about 12,5% more if you choose the high dome.
Please note that the prices and price differences are higher when your the carat size of your center stone is bigger. SK could not source the lower colours (he can source down to H, not lower). LM said he could source lower colored melee, but it could take a while. I know he did the lower colored melee in the past. I am so glad VC can rather easily source the lower colors.

LM and VC are very responsive via mail.
VC has also been very helpful regarding shipping and looking for options. I appreciate that he always gives his clear opinion, but that he is willing to do what pleases you. My advice would be to completely trust him and listen to his advice :bigsmile:

Given that these rings are completely handforged, I feel that the prices are very reasonable. Also, given the fact that this is my forever ring, the cost per wear is very reasonable :naughty:

_10117.jpg

_10118.jpg

_10119.jpg

_10120.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A few more photos...

_10121.jpg

_10122.jpg

_10123.jpg

_10124.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is beyond all the usual standards for beauty, Acinom. I would be jealous, but I like you too much to be. Wear it in good health, woman! For many, many happy years to come!!!

Big hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock

I'm so sorry I've arrived late to the party!! YOU DID IT!! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!! WOW!!

VC has done it again!! So personal and so unique! I love all the details!

But what really impresses me the most, is that VC has had to think outside of the box to get this done. I'm so glad he didn't disappoint! Help is at hand for Europe based ladies!

It was so totally worth the stress!!

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock

Wow. Just wow. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Deb!! Love your humour :bigsmile: I must say I keep going to your thread hoping to see more pics of your luxurious earrings :naughty: They are really special. I wish I could see them in real life!!

Thank you Orchid Lei!!

And Carat Iover!! Thanks to you I dared to take the plunge. There was something in your post in my former thread that triggered me to make this decision. It has been a great experience to work with Victor in every aspect. And you were right about the milgrain and engraving: when I saw the ring I knew what to decide on the engraving. I wanted to add some personal details which were also in line with my old stone. But I must say I love the sleek/modern version equally :lol:, but my stone needs some old world, yet updated details.
Thanks again. You are such an enabler :naughty:. From which date onwards will you wear yours?
It feels really special to be ring sisters with you.

_10156.jpg

_10157.jpg

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock

Acinom|1379591886|3523443 said:
From which date onwards will you wear yours?
It feels really special to be ring sisters with you.

I've been wearing it since August! I've really been enjoying it in the European summer sunshine, but I can't wait to get back to Oz and see it in the bright summer sunshine there!

I'm so glad you took the plunge - you're a brave girl - but kudos to you - IT'S SO, SO BEAUTIFUL!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Isn't it great to be finally able to wear yours!! Please post some additional pics! Have you posted yours in the 'VC beauties' thread yet?

I bet your ring will look stunning in the Australian sun :love: :love:
Thanks for your kind words ring sister!

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock

Absolutely gorgeous ring!! I love everything about it! The millgrain and engraving are BEAUTIFUL touches!!!! I'm impressed with your design skills!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Acinom,

your ring is TDF!!!

I love everything about it. Looks like the setting was meant to be for the stone. Its a VC masterpiece! So happy for you! Enjoy!

I have been in love with the antique cushion tapered french cut ring for the longest time. Cant wait till I get mine. In the meantime I am so going to enjoy your pictures!!

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I hope you dont mind Acinom, but here is one desperate lady trying to contact CaratLover2 unsuccessfully.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-caratlover2.192047/#post-3497142#p3497142']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-caratlover2.192047/#post-3497142#p3497142[/URL]

I so desperately don't mean to threadjack, just need to get CaratLover2's attention. She posted here so I hope she comes back again.

Apologising most humbly. I am so sorry.

CaratLover2

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for this. I'll respond shortly!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

love the new pics!!!!!

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock