shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW It's Here! It's Here! My 2.30 ct OMB Antique Cushion Upgrade

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: It's Here! It's Here! My 2.30 ct OMB Antique Cushion Upg

Beautiful! (Ring and wearer!) It really turned out stunning!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Really a special ring.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Clairitek|1301779235|2886132 said:
I'm sitting here trying to come up with the words to describe how I feel about your ring. I'm going to give up now. The best I can come up with is:

Holy S**t!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :appl: :love: :love: :love: :cheeky: :twirl: :twirl:

I think that about does it.

Congrats!!!!

Ha ha, I don't think I could have said it better myself! This ring is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! That setting is perfect for your beautiful diamond. I love the design, the milgrain, the rose gold, the beautiful old cut diamond. It just all goes together so well. And its even more special because you drew up the design yourself! Congrats on such a beautiful ring :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The ring is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the romantic feel of the ring and how amazing it looks on your hand! Many congrats- wear it in health and happiness!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It sure is beautiful, Haven!! I'll have to check Burdeen's out sometime!

Fashionvictim

Shiny_Rock

Those chunky facets are so delicious!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

Oh my lord, it's stunningly beautiful!!! :love:

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock

Haven,

I adored your old sets. It was definitely one of my favorites.

But the new ring. It's just lovely, and so romantic. And so delicate! It's unbelievable. I missed which wedding band you are going to be wearing with it....

And you look beautiful too. I've seen your picture before, but I had forgotten how pretty you were.

Wear it in good health!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks, ladies! I adore this ring, I really do. It's really putting a dent into my productivity--I just want to walk around and stare at her as she moves.

Laila619|1301954066|2887736 said:
It sure is beautiful, Haven!! I'll have to check Burdeen's out sometime!
You should! If you do, tell Matt you saw Lori's ring on PS. He knows I'm obsessed with this site!
He always has really stunning pieces in the store.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

allycat0303|1301957214|2887791 said:
Haven,
I adored your old sets. It was definitely one of my favorites.
But the new ring. It's just lovely, and so romantic. And so delicate! It's unbelievable. I missed which wedding band you are going to be wearing with it....
And you look beautiful too. I've seen your picture before, but I had forgotten how pretty you were.
Wear it in good health!
Aww, thank you and thank you, allycat! I love my old set, too. It's a good thing I'm so smitten with my new ring, because it made it much easier to give up my original ering.
I have no idea which wedding band I'm going to wear with it, actually. I'm thinking of purchasing a rose gold rope twist band from a seller on etsy to see how I like that, actually. I'll probably end up wearing a teensy tiny eternity band in the long run, but I need to give DH some time before I spend much more money. :cheeky:

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock

Gimme that! :love:

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Haven, your new ring is gorgeous! I love how delicate and timeless it looks. The rose gold is absolutely the perfect choice for your stone. Love it!! :love: :love: :love:

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock

:o :-o :appl: :love: :cheeky: :lickout: :lickout: :o 8) :bigsmile: :-o :love:

Now that we have that out of the way....

The stone is just amazing and the setting compliments it so well, I love the romantic feel to the setting and how you catch glimpses of the milgrain depending on the angle, and also the hidden yellow diamond is fantastic. All around one of the most beautiful and unique rings I have seen on PS

okay, gotta give some more now:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

joflier

Ideal_Rock

I don't really spend too much time on PS anymore. I just pop in from time to time and lurk and see what's going on with everyone. But HOLY SMOKES, am I glad I ventured over today so I could feast my eyes on your new sparkle monster! :shock: :bigsmile:
Congratulations Haven, on such a beauty! Everything about it is exquisite!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

LOVE it!!!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haven, your new ring is very, very beautiful and the happiness you have for it really comes through in your posts! I am happy FOR you that you found something to suit you so well. Wear it in good health and everlasting happiness in your marriage. A hearty "cheers" on my part, to you and your husband. You done good. (<--said only because you are a teacher and very conscientious of proper grammar. Hee hee.) Muah! :appl: :wavey:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

Um so I happened to be drooling over your ring again (have I mentioned that I LOVE IT?!!!) and we clearly have similar (amazing :cheeky: ) taste because I love that Orion band, too! It has a somewhat vintage vibe...it reminds me of neatfreak's band she had and then sold. It also sort of reminds me of the 1950s-ish eternity bands someone posted here once. A jeweler misplaced one of them...I think her name started with a C and was just initials. Maybe you know who I mean?!

Anywho, I think that band could be great with your new beauty, provided it's dainty enough. Or maybe you could get something similar made with old cuts? Or find something in platinum with old cuts? I can't wait to see what you find to pair with your gorgeous new ring!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! I can't believe you designed that yourself! Beautiful!

Your jeweller did a superb job of translating your vision into reality. It is gorgeous - wear it in good health!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Um. Haven, your ring is officialy my FAVOURITE on PS (step aside, Yssie :cheeky:). Like, absolute freakin' favourite.

Gotta go wipe off the drool collecting on my desk.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sent the hubster a link to your ring, Haven, and this is the response I receive:

"Wow looks beautiful!!!"

My hubby is not a jewelry person. In fact, he isn't even an exclamation mark person. You got THREE out of him, THREE! THAT's how much he loves your ring too!

Just thought I'd share ;-)

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

HOLY COW!!! I'm FLOOOORED! Like can't even talk floored! Wow wow wow!!! I can't tell you how much I love it.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your ring is fabulous! I love old cuts and wish I'd known about them when I got my diamond a few years back. Precision cut stones are beautiful but there's something about the asymmetry of an old cut's facets that is perfection-- they're like little works of art! I also love the warmer colors. Yummy vanilla :lickout: ! The design of the ring is gorgeous. Enjoy!

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring is nothing short of spectacular, Haven. WOWWW it is MAGNIFICENT! I absolutely LOVE every single solita(i)ry thing about it!!!

Wear it in wonderful health!!! Enjoy it!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

LADIES! Thank you so much for your amazing, wonderful comments! I like showing them all to DH, too--at least he knows I'm not CRAZY for trading in my original ering. :cheeky:

I still want to make a video and share it. This diamond is so different looking than the other stones I see, it is so crystal clear, I can't explain it. It's really strange, but it's as if it is completely transparent or something. I could just be crazy, but I'll hopefully be able to capture that in a video and share with everyone.

kama_s|1302098212|2889120 said:
Um. Haven, your ring is officialy my FAVOURITE on PS (step aside, Yssie :cheeky:). Like, absolute freakin' favourite.
Gotta go wipe off the drool collecting on my desk.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
You made me laugh out loud, Kama! Thank you. 8)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

thing2of2|1302065457|2888982 said:
Um so I happened to be drooling over your ring again (have I mentioned that I LOVE IT?!!!) and we clearly have similar (amazing :cheeky: ) taste because I love that Orion band, too! It has a somewhat vintage vibe...it reminds me of neatfreak's band she had and then sold. It also sort of reminds me of the 1950s-ish eternity bands someone posted here once. A jeweler misplaced one of them...I think her name started with a C and was just initials. Maybe you know who I mean?!

Anywho, I think that band could be great with your new beauty, provided it's dainty enough. Or maybe you could get something similar made with old cuts? Or find something in platinum with old cuts? I can't wait to see what you find to pair with your gorgeous new ring!
Thank you, Thing!
I agree that a dainty band is the way to go. I love the idea of something with old cuts, especially something platinum, I think that would look AMAZING. I'll just have to go on a shopping trip and take lots of pictures to find out . . . :devil:
I just ordered a rose gold twist band from a seller on etsy to see if I like that. It's 1.5 mm, so it might be a great partner for my new ring. We shall see. Of course, I'll post lots of pictures.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

monarch64|1302064862|2888976 said:
Haven, your new ring is very, very beautiful and the happiness you have for it really comes through in your posts! I am happy FOR you that you found something to suit you so well. Wear it in good health and everlasting happiness in your marriage. A hearty "cheers" on my part, to you and your husband. You done good. (<--said only because you are a teacher and very conscientious of proper grammar. Hee hee.) Muah! :appl: :wavey:
:bigsmile: This comment made my day, Monnie. :))

briolette

Shiny_Rock

This is such an exquisite ring! I loved how you designed it to look good from all sides, even the bottom WOW!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is a total stunner!

Unicorn64

Rough_Rock

I've been a long-time lurker, but had to join to comment: What a gorgeous ring! I love it! :love: :love: :love: :love:

So, hopefully, this isn't rude at all, but would you mind if I copied the design for my upgrade? If it's not okay, I won't do it because you did design the ring and wouldn't do that to someone.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Briolette, MTG, and Unicorn: Thank you so much, ladies!

Unicorn--I would be honored if you copied this design for your upgrade! Seriously, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy that you would want to wear the same setting. If you do, I can't wait to see how your setting turns out. What kind of stone do you have?

If you don't already have a jeweler, I strongly recommend Matt Burdeen of Burdeen's Jewelry in Illinois. He's wonderful, and his bench jeweler is amazing, in my opinion. :cheeky:
Here's his website:
http://www.burdeens.com/store/index.php

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results