shape
carat
color
clarity

It's here!! It's here!!! David Klass Heart ring!

RuthG

Rough_Rock
So......I'm so excited, I'm so excited....

Late August of this year I posted https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/heart-diamond-ring-setting.224634/ that I was going to try to find a new home for the heart diamond in my engagement ring. My mother-in-law was given this ring by my husband's father about 25 years ago. Problem was, my wedding band and my engagement ring were just too wide when I wore them both together so I began to seriously think about re-setting the diamond.

David Klass has a great reputation on this site - so I took the plunge and gave him a call - very, very happy I did! I worked with Amy throughout the entire process and she was awesome to work with! I wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to do with the ring so I went into their place of business one day. I saw a few rings on display at their office/store and I showed her some inspiration pics that I had on my phone. After lots of back and forth, back and forth - the gallery was tricky for me and my wedding ring is so high...

Some specs of this ring:

Heart diamond: 1.08ct, I color, SI1 clarity
Ring: 14k white gold, set with .20cts of G color, VS clarity diamonds
Me: One happy camper!!!

I am posting Amy's pictures first, then my semi-decent pics...

I opened the box that the ring was in and when you open it, a light shines on it - pretty neat! :)

klass_front.jpg

klass_left.jpg

klass_right.jpg

_38405.jpg

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Re: It's here!! It's here!!!

These are some of my pics!

img_12876.jpg

img_12877.jpg

img_6643-1.jpg

_38407.jpg

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Re: It's here!! It's here!!!

Last shots of mine. Amy engraved our wedding date between two hearts inside of the ring.

img_6649-1.jpg

img_12878.jpg

img_6652-1.jpg

Q

Queenie60

Very beautiful and very special ring. Congratulations!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Everything about it is perfect!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring. I am a fan of hearts. I am delighted you have such a special piece of jewelry.

Marcy

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a romantic ring. Beautiful!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is PRETTY!!! Congratulations! It looks wonderful on you.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
RuthG your ring is so whimsical and pretty, I just love it :love: and it looks great paired with your wedding band. Just lovely - congratulations, enjoy!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lovely!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
:love: hearts always get me and especially a heart in a bezel! this is gorgeous. congrats!!!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So pretty!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Awww, thanks so much everyone! It was such a challenge finding a ring that would KINDOF flow with my wedding band. I was nervous with EACH and every decision I made and each time I would approve a single part of the design! I love the bezel - on my previous post many members here recommended that I place my heart in a bezel. It truly does make the 1.08 ct diamond look drastically bigger. The inclusions are hardly recognizable as they once were in the previous setting so that was a relief. I do see the warmth of the I coloring in the heart diamond significantly more than I did when I had it in the yellow band setting - depending on the light. This diamond has a lot of history though. I get giddy every time I look at it and it gets prettier and prettier each time. Thanks so much for the positive feedback - Amy's execution was spot on and so well done.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I love the hearts in the gallery. It's all tied together so perfectly. :appl:

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I thought I might have gone a bit overboard on the hearts but I liked the hearts instead of scrolls, etc...

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! This turned out beautifully! I love that your heart has a meaningful past with your own personal touches! The new setting is definitely more complimentary with your wedding band, and the bezel really makes that heart pop! Enjoy your new treasure!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's beautiful, I love hearts too!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, thanks for sharing.

DK :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful heart ring!!! Please post a lot more pics :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That turned out lovely! The bezel is perfect!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring, it is just beautiful :love: :love: - it showcases your very special stone perfectly, congratulations and enjoy every second of wearing this beauty!

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate all of the kind words!!

Ariadne_Theia - Thank you! The heart gallery had to be constructed by hand the second time around. I believe Amy told me that they tried the gallery while casting the ring but it didn't work out so it had to be constructed by hand. The two circles on either side of the heart gallery match the circles on my wedding band. I wanted to incorporate those tiny circles too!

LadyMch and tyty333 - Yes! The bezel is really well done and the diamond really does pop! I've accepted that it isn't quite as perfectly white. When it was set in the bezel I actually emailed Amy and asked if the bezel would be better if it was in yellow gold but she said it would make the diamond show even more yellow, so... I left the bezel white gold. The milgrain on the entire ring is superb, just spot-on. And there's the tiniest of spacing between where the point of the heart hovers over the center diamond in my wedding band. I'm just so happy with it.

Acinom - Thank you, I asked my husband to let me borrow his camera because these shots were taken on my iPhone so I'm going to try to take some more soon! :)

Queenie60, marcy, , Lorrissey, LadyMch, and junebug17, yes, the stone is very sentimental to me. Before we even got engage, I honestly didn't care what he proposed with! And when it turned out to be a beautiful HEART center stone --- I was so happy! I wasn't able to meet my husband's father because he passed away in 2006. Having a piece of the family means so much to me.

Pattyco - I couldn't agree with you more, it's perfect in my eyes! I had no idea what the ring was going to turn out looking like because I went back and forth on styles, etc., but everyday that passes by I fall more in love with it!

Bonfire and GeorgieQ - whimsical and romantic, yes! Thank you so much!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always thought heart diamonds are so pretty. This one is perfect. Congrats!

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Thank you derbygal! I've always loved them! Was a fantastic surprise when he proposed with it! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a beautiful setting for your diamond! :love: :love: I love the design and especially the bezel!

Since your diamond wedding band appears to sit high, if the diamonds can touch your e-ring setting, it would be best to wear a thin plain band between them as a spacer. The edges of diamonds can literally cut into the sides of your new ring.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! :love: Your diamond looks beautiful in that setting! :appl:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think DK did a fabulous job and I love the design of your ring. Congratulations.

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker2006! I'm attaching a picture of the two rings together - the tip of the bezel never touches the diamonds, ever! :) Thanks for the heads up!

diamondseeker2006|1475978852|4084932 said:
That is a beautiful setting for your diamond! :love: :love: I love the design and especially the bezel!

Since your diamond wedding band appears to sit high, if the diamonds can touch your e-ring setting, it would be best to wear a thin plain band between them as a spacer. The edges of diamonds can literally cut into the sides of your new ring.

profile_diamond_tip.jpg

RuthG

Rough_Rock
Acinom, here's just a few more pics!

I love the third pic because it shows you the small hollow heart on the shank right below the small diamond!

profile_10.jpg

_38425.jpg

profile_11.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results