shape
carat
color
clarity

It's here...AVR band!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited to share my new addition! It just came yesterday and was able to take a few shots this morning before heading out to work. I am going to wear this as a RHR and bought it for myself to celebrate the decision to go back to work full-time after working part-time for the past 17 years in order to raise my two kids (they are still in high school but require less time from me right now...) I never though I'd buy a 5-stone ring for myself and have simply enjoyed seeing everyone else's on PS, but when this AVR came out, it pushed me over the edge.

So here it is: AVR 5-stone band from Good Old Gold. Size 5 1/2. 1.33 tcw. The setting is platinum and custom made by Vatche--it is beautiful. Having never seen an August Vintage cut stone in person, these stones blow me away. The light return and beautiful faceting...I am beyond happy! This satisfies my yearning for a solitaire OEC for a while (still would like one one day but haven't found the right one yet).

P9220213.JPG

P9220216.JPG

P9220218.JPG

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulation MrsM. You chose a lovely gift for yourself to celebrate your return to work. Your AVR band is gorgeous! I would love to see some handshots when you get a chance.

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Posted just a second too late - thanks for the handshots - it looks stunning on your hand. Wear it in good health.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY CHIT. GOR.GEOUS. OMG. I can't wait to see more pics of this bad boy!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a super fantastic ring!!! Beautiful!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy smokes! That is GORGEOUS (sorry for shouting!)!!!!!! Yay!! :love: :appl:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous band!!! :love:

Enjoy!

Cachette :))

Snowy

Shiny_Rock
wow. stunning and some serious bling! :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy smokes - wow!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my good gosh, that is just gorgeous!!! So lovely on your hand, what a beauty! :love:

pinkprashu

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that looks amazing. I did inquire about a 5 stone ring with AVR's and in size 5.5. That gives me a good idea of the size on the band on my finger. What color/clarity stones are they - F/G VS?

March16

Rough_Rock
gorgeous, looks so good on your hands and I"m liking the nail polish

April20

Ideal_Rock
Wowzers! I am lusting for a five stone. I have my money saved. I'm going to have to check this out further! It's so so beautiful!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow, beautiful!!! i was hoping we would see a AVR or AVC 5-stone soon :)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
it's soooo beautiful!! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty...we need some profile shots!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Heavens! That's gorgeous and looks beautiful on your hand! I would love to see how it looks
with your wedding set on left and this as a RHR all in one picture. And congratulations on going back to work FT, I hope someone will hire me for something when my kids get into HS.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOOORGEOUS!!!

I would love to hear your comments on how this cut compared to a traditional RB since you have both now :))

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! My first thought is that it looks much bigger than 1.33 carats.

Do you have any profile shots?

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow that is beautiful! :love:

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!!! You did good MrsM, enjoy :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was dearly hoping that a Pricescoper would get either an AVR or AVC five stone so we could hear their opinion. Congratulations on being the first! It's really lovely.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness, how luxurious! :sun:

I too am looking forward to your thoughts on the AVR melee!

Verdy

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Congrats, and best of luck at work!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks amazing on you!! :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap that is AMAZING!! Looks perfect on your hand!

BTW, is your nail polish from Sally Hansen? I think I have the same exact one on my nails right now...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers, gorgeous!!!

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Hmm...I thought I just submitted a post but it did not show up, so here is my second try:

Thanks for all the nice comments...I am thoroughly enjoying the ring and spent much of the day staring at it--so much for work! ;-)

@pinkprashu: The color of the stones are G-H and VVS-VS.

As some of you know, I purchased a 5-stone ring from IDJ back in June for my mom (1.56 tcw). I originally hoped for 30 point stones as I thought the size of hers was nice, but AVRs are currently not being cut in that size, so I would have had to go up to 34 points which is much more expensive. Since the setting is so low, it ends up that the stones actually give the perfect spread for my size finger so I am not disappointed at all. Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of my mom's IDJ ring as I gave it to her before having a chance to. I will "borrow" it this weekend if I can and take side-by-side photos and do a comparison for those of you interested. I am quite anxious to see how they look next to each other!

Anyway, thanks for looking and I will hopefully get some more photos up in a few days!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results