shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s Done! - Aqua in Vatche Swan Setting

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
That is one impressive ring, and I''m dying to see hand shots, especially since I have a stone or two in the 10mm range. Not that I''d expect anything less from WF, but that ring is gorgeous!!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
It is breathtaking! I think it''s the perfect setting for a beautiful blue stone like your aqua. Can''t wait for handshots.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Can''t wait to see handshots.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, handshots, please!

mz

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everything about it from stone to setting is absolutely gorgeous!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is stunning.

Annette

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for all your kind words!!! So glad you like it.

I won''t be able to take handshots until I receive the ring, maybe I should have it shipped out without waiting for the other ring? I kind of want to double the joy so I will get two rings together - you can see that I am spoiling myself.

baby nurse, I can''t agree more with you (and many others) how great a job Barry did! He is my favorite cutter!

MTG, maybe we can set up a jewlery box playdate? That will be so cool!

gemgirl, when I saw ''paperweight'' I immediately thought of TL''s recent purchases.
9.gif

iLander, the setting cost just a little under $2k because it was a custom job. The standard swan cost less, I think.

Chrono, you are right about getting used to big stones - I used to think my spess ring is humongous but now I am so used to it
9.gif

cellentani, I will take handshot pictures as soon as I receive it. FYI - my finger size is 6.5.

WF helped to put the order together, but I want to mention that the credit on this one should really go to Vatche''s shop. They did the whoe thing except the pictures.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Simply stunning and we cannot wait for the hand shots. What a gorgeous setting to Barry''s wonderous cutting. IRL that is going to just knock you out I am sure.

Yingh, I have a 10.5 mm round peridot that I love and I an considering whiteflash to set it. Did they give you and flack about the size of your aqua?

Also, would you describe how Whiteflash and Vatche worked together on the setting? I really like Vatche designs for prong-set stones and am interested in this (although I would not steal your specific design) for my 10-mm round peridot.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 1:17:04 PM
Author: StonieGrl
WOW! Simply stunning and we cannot wait for the hand shots. What a gorgeous setting to Barry''s wonderous cutting. IRL that is going to just knock you out I am sure.

Yingh, I have a 10.5 mm round peridot that I love and I an considering whiteflash to set it. Did they give you and flack about the size of your aqua?

Also, would you describe how Whiteflash and Vatche worked together on the setting? I really like Vatche designs for prong-set stones and am interested in this (although I would not steal your specific design) for my 10-mm round peridot.
Thanks!

The process was painless. I described my aqua to WF and told them I want the swan with modified shank. WF reached out to Vatche and confirmed it is doable and came back to me with a quote. I made the payment and mailed the aqua to WF. Six and half weeks later, I got those pictures.

WF staff (Liza - she is super sweet) never gave my any flack about the stone size. She is very helpful and professional.

Highly recommend WF or Vatche! Keep us posted about your peridot!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stonie,
Trust me, WF is awesome with regards to large stones. They have custom set two 5 carat stones (approximately 10 mm) for me with absolutely no issues and no flack.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shots - but not my hands
2.gif

My WF handler, Liza, was so kind! She got her nails done, and modeled the ring for me. The pictures are pale in color for some reason, but shows the shape very well. I love the profile of the swan!

Ring_Aqua5.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
One more picture of the ring on Liza''s hand.

Ring_Aqua6.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Side view.

Ring_Aqua8.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! You have to be so excited. Looking forward to hearing about your reaction when it arrives.
36.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is gorgeous!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh dear lord i love it even more in liza''s hand shots!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I love it, The prongs look great, and I like to modification you made to the shank.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
How very elegant. A masterpiece.
36.gif

Leaf Girl

Rough_Rock
what a stunning piece! congradulations!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is truly AMAZING.....a work of art!!!

Lori

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
It''s absolutely beautiful!
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my God!!!! Yingh, I''m absolutely in love!!! I adore your modifications to the swan, and the cut of that aqua is just stellar!!! I can NOT wait until you get it!!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
yingh, your ring is just stunning. That first shot? Wow.
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

Georgeous stone, beautiful setting. Lurve it!
36.gif

Oh, and BIG!
9.gif
Wear it in good health!
2.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Has Barry seen this yet?

Lori

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 7:09:30 PM
Author: loriken214
Has Barry seen this yet?

Lori

No he hasn''t seen it. I was hoping to send my own pictures once I have the ring on my hand.
2.gif
2.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yingh, when I saw this ring in the photo gallery, naturally, I had to find the thread!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely breathtaking!! You have some of the most beautiful pieces of jewelry!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t hang around on the colored stones forum but I had to find this Aqua! You officially have a stalker. You sure know how to pick ''em.
30.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for everyone''s kind words!
21.gif
I have asked WF to ship the ring and hopefully will have it in two days. How funny that I thought that I could wait another two weeks! Everyday I look at the pictures and figured out that I am not a patient person at all!
5.gif
5.gif
5.gif

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! This is an absolutely gorgeous ring
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

If you do find that it is too large for your finger, I will gladly take it off your hands
28.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results