shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s done! A 1.60 J SI2 has found a new home...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara those pics are amazing!!! Bye bye 1.16, we''ll miss you. But the new stone is just perfection. Can''t wait to see it''s debut!!!
30.gif
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Tear..Tear...
39.gif
Sniff...
5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehee i love the canon!!

the best shots so far are amazingly easy to take by putting it on manual macro, on my camera you put it on the picture with the M and then you go into the setup and choose the 'macro flower' mode (not just by pressing the flower on the camera but actually going into the setup and choosing the digital macro) and then i also went into the lighting and chose 'cloudy' and that seemed to work the best for inside the house, no sunlight, no artificial light photos (aka the last 4 that i posted). the macro is just amazing too.

re: the camera, i posted about it in the hangout called 'canon sd550'... i've been eyeballing it for a while and just now finally got it together because my old camera was slowly dying and i figured i am NOT going to texas to check out the new bigger J and have some old faulty camera with me! i found a great deal on the canon and it was mine. also funny but my coworker/friend wanted a new one too and i was raving about the canon so she got one too! it's 7mp and i had read that the macro was amzing, it has various photo effects and modes, takes movies, does panoramic, supposedly great low light shooting & flash that doesn't wash out supposedly etc. oh and it was $320! and i use photoshop to edit/crop/resize prints.

i am a little nostalgic on losing my J..i SO wish that we could keep it and upgrade (i'd wear it as a pendant!) but unfortunately that's not in the cards, oh well! i hope a PS'er will get it or someone i know, because i know they will appreciate it as much as i have!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I can''t resist..............

Bye Beh, Meh..... in my best british accent
2.gif
I don''t know...it just didn''t wow me. Show me something in two weeks. It could be great. It''s at a pooiinnt where you need to really step up.
2.gif
Will it be on a Tuesday?
2.gif

Cheers you little mink!

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I really love that stone. It''s a shame I don''t have the money to pounce on it when WF gets it back. Though, we do have some savings I could tap into.
11.gif

Not really.
7.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Great photos! Awesome, in fact! WOW, I love your new camera, too!

I know EXACTLY what you mean about getting wistful about the upgrade. I felt the same way. I knew that saying hello to the new stone meant saying goodbye to the old one, which I adored. But I have no fear that you will handle it just like I did, girlfriend...

You are gonna take one look at that gorgeous, honkin' new 2.32, look again at the 1.60 and say, "Ummm... BUH BYE!"
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL F&I, good one!!

Lynn I know...once I lay my eyes on the 2.32...the old stone will just be a fond, yet distant memory...hehee.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowee! I need a new camera - the 3.2 megapixel ain''t cutting it anymore! The 1.6 is a beautiful stone but I think the 2.3 is going to make it a very, very distant memory.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i took these pictures outside the other day and just uploaded them. my last few days with my 1.60!! this one is great in diffused lighting.

sparkly 160 with canon.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and this one is my favorite so far!! the blues in the full sunlight, so yummy!!

sparkly blue 160 with canon.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and last one...another great blue shot.

sparkly blue with canon b.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love those blues!!! This thread is turning into a scrapbook of all your fondest memories with 1.6!
1.gif
Keep em coming!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the new shots mara..lol kristy about it turning into a scapebook of mara''s favorite moments with her 1.6 J..

the cannon shots are awesome. makes me miss mine. my daugter just dropped our new sony last night and we can''t find the warranty, maybe hubby will go back to the cannon
27.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Mara -

Beautiful pics but I have a question for you? How in the heck do you survive the waiting? Seriously, I''ve got what 3 weeks to go & I think I''m going to get my ulcer back again...
38.gif
I must be too old for this...(lol).

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really pretty pics!! You do take awesome pictures!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you ladies are so sweet, i know i am going insane with this camera...but i gotta take pictures of SOMETHING!!!!!

diam100 does that answer your Q? hehe. the waiting is very hard but i know it's coming. so that makes me feel better.

seriously i have had this J for a long time, well a year...but this camera shows me a whole new personality previously not able to be captured on screen. i just love it.

and I CAN'T WAIT TIL NEXT WEEK so I can use this new amazing camera to take pictures of the NEW BIG J.

okay i got 2 more...this one has great arrows but i dont know whats wrong with my pinky there. hee hee.

sparkles with arrows 160 J.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and this picture is what i have tried so hard for years to capture with my sony of ANY diamond. the sparkles and colors within the diamond in diffused lighting. i see pinks and blues when i sit on the couch and hold my hand up (huge window is right behind me, behind the couchb ack)...i love it, it's my fave place to sit in the afternoons and admire my diamond. the cool flashes of pink and blue within the stone mixed with 'white sparkles' is soooo beautiful. this is probably the best capture i have had so far of it.

the previous one with arrows is a good representation as well. it's hard to explain but it's such a 'cool' looking sparkle as in cold.

okay back to the regularly scheduled program of admiring Kristy's NEW BLING. i think i keep hoping my diamond will morph into a 3.5c with pears?

sparkles within 160 J.jpg

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
oh, oh, oh!

these pics are amazing!

Well, soon my new diamond ring will be almost as big as your first stone!! hee hee
And now I might have to buy the same camera you bought!!!

those are some awesome shots!!!

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Ok at least I''m not alone in the "wait game" someone pass me the Mylanta...grrrr.

So before I run off to do some work I believe I know what your Pinky is doing. Your pinky is giving you a subliminal sign - "Must move over to fit Mara''s next big rock"....
31.gif

Take care.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe okay is it just me or does the last image make the diamond look SMALLER than the one just right before it???? wow the tricks that the light can play! the one with the arrows right above it makes the diamond look huge.

in denial now...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pics with the arrows does make it look huge. I agree. Now that is the money shot. Glad your getting lots of practice before you get your new stone next week. Cause we want lots of them!!!!
9.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm, yeah, well now that you mention it ....

I still think it is a gorgeous pic and a gorgeous ring.
In the light
And in the shade

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 4:21:43 PM
Author: Mara
hehe okay is it just me or does the last image make the diamond look SMALLER than the one just right before it???? wow the tricks that the light can play! the one with the arrows right above it makes the diamond look huge.

That really IS weird!!! If I didn''t know better, I would SWEAR those were two very different sized stones!

BTW, that second to the last photo (where it looks like 2c!) is GORGEOUS! Keep on perfecting those photo skills, girl, cause we need a kijillion from Houston!!!!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Love those arrows...sniff..sniff..we''ll miss you J
face16.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Nice shots, Mara! I love "little J" but I cant wait to see "big J!!" he he
emwink.gif

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
Your 1.6 really is stunning. I wish that I could take pics that capture my stones so well. I will have to practice. Mara, I did figure out how to crop the pix :). Odd as it sounds, I don''t have my own digital camera. I always borrow my brother''s or someone elses.

I can''t wait to see the bigger stone.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks guys...i'm definitely playing symphony 1.6 over here for the 'original' J (funny how it was the BIG J originally and now it's the small J..or smaller J....er whatever...i think it likes 'original J' best!)...
5.gif

brneyed...honestly it used to typically take tons of pictures to get some really good diamond shots but this new Canon 550 I got is SO much easier to use than my old camera from a few years ago, i take about 1/3 of the amount of shots and more of them come out just fabulous. i am just in love with it and it was very affordable, only $320. i only have rave reviews for it so far...just in case you are in the market for a new camera soon!!
2.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Excellant! I think I am just as interested in the camera as I am in the pics! I am taking a photoshop class in June.
Anyway, now that I have worn my new G 1.20 for a couple days, I''m just like, "what E?"

If your experience is anything like mine, you will adjust quickly because you know EXACTLY what you like and you got exactly that.

For me, having stone #2 helped me to learn what I REALLY like. I have fallen in love, now, with #3, the stone I''ve worn only 2.5 days. I was pretty impressed with stone #2, but it didn''t please me nearly as much as #3.

I think the BIGGER J is gonna pleeeeease you!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it 3 more sleeps????
24.gif
24.gif
24.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Three more!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results