shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s done! A 1.60 J SI2 has found a new home...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2005 6:14:58 PM
Author: valeria101

Um... you surely got me waiting to see your new spring diamond!
11.gif
YUM Ana and what size might be that little goodie in that setting on the right there???

Haha at dinner tonite I told Greg how you gals all loved the 3rd weird ring, and he said that he thought another eternity band would look better with the set than a plain band. I told him that I didn't think it would look as good as the plain one etc...
2.gif
Wait, did I just turn down another eternity ring?

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
Love that look... what a find! But, if he''s offering, then heck ya... go w/ the 3rd eternity band
2.gif

BTW, I''ve been a ''lurker'' for a few years now... and I''m finally getting over my stage fright. It''s nice to finally say ''hi'' to the infamous Mara. I''m a fellow SJ girl myself.

LOVE your rings!!! See you around
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara great minds think alike!
31.gif
I am doing the red nail thing too for the Holidays, I am normally a French or pastel type gal . The red DOES make the diamonds pop
30.gif
30.gif
I think the colour looks great on you and I love the third band also. Red polish makes most diamonds look ICY WHITE
32.gif
32.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I love your weird third ring!

Now it looks like a wedding set and anniversary ring and yes, it looks like you have a plain solitaire with two diamond bands flanking it.

Isn''t it fun to mix it up?!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Mara, that is such a cool optical illusion. Something a little jazzy for $25? Great find. Don''t, BTW, let Greg get away with that. Ask him if that is indeed what he was asking. A girl can change her mind after all.
2.gif
31.gif

shay

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
wow! those three rings together look perfect! a great buy for sure, and im sure its fun to mix and match....have u tried wearing ur ER with the plain band to see how that would look? u can have two ''wedding sets'' one with ur ER and eternity, one with the plain band and the look u came up with! enjoy ;-)

as always, ur rings are beautiful no matter wat u add to them they will always look perfect ..enjoy
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Greg is crazy; I think your new ring looks fantastic! More options are always better
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My new camera is here!!!!!! I have been playing around with it for just a little while but haven't even started reading the manual yet....but I did get a few random good shots of my existing diamond and rings, *sniff* one last hurrah with the 1.60 J SI2 before it leaves my sweaty little hands forever!!

And can I just say this macro works amazingly, see all my little finger hairs?
40.gif
I'm so plucking those things out before I take another round.
9.gif

I love the blue hue that the stone has in this image...it's just my lighting in the kitchen along with the dusk setting I guess?

160withcanon a.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blurray sparkles.

160withcanon b.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ARROWS. They are sooo much easier to capture with this camera and I didn't need a loupe!

160withcanon c.jpg

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Is this a tribute to the 1.6...good-bye stepping stone
12.gif
You will always be in our PS hearts
emlove.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Those shots are great! Are you just loving the 550?

A little note if you take shots of your stone loose through the H&A viewer or loop turn off the macro mode and they come up even better.

I cannot wait to see the pictures of your visit to Texas, the new stone when you get it!

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, those new pictures with the newer camera are amazing. Good luck w/ your upgrade. I''m curious to see what it will look like.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool pix. STARTLING really. Surgical accuracy?? It''s like living on your hand. No, stop, back off with the Purell!! Aiiigggghhhhhh.

I never knew how "wrap"-like your prongs are. I
30.gif
that. Sure your new bigger head will be flowy and all buttercup like too though!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Gawd....I''m getting all nostalgic and it''s not even my stone! Bye, bye, 1.60!!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We''ll miss you, 1.6! Thanks Mara for giving us some farewell shots. There will be some more for us these next couple weeks, right?

Yay for the new camera! I hate how mine highlights my little finger hairs, too. YUK!

Is your girlfriend going to buy the 1.6 from you?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bye bye....bye bye...dear sweet 1.6....it''s been fun
face16.gif
Nice shots BTW

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Onward and upward!!!! Congrats on your new one!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and wear it in good health!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Great shots! I know in the past when you have talked about taking pics, you have taken a ton, then posted the best of them. With the new camera, were you able to take fewer shots, or still a ton and then posted the best?

I wish you well,

Bridget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bridget I am still taking alot of pictures because I''m trying to get the hang of the new camera, I still have to read the manual. But just by tinkering around with it, it''s easier to take good pictures of the diamond and rings than it was with my old camera. So I have high hopes...we''ll see what else I can produce with it!! It definitely captures more ''life'' inside the diamond than my old camera did. And the macro is definitely superior!!

I have found myself really looking wistfully at my 1.60 recently, I know these are my last weeks with it and it''s a lovely stone. My girlfriend really wants it but she is basically a LIW and her BF is dragging his heels, so who knows what those two are going to do...it''s going back to WF regardless and if he decides he wants it then, he can get it from them. I''m already a bad influence on her.
31.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, your pics look good! I don''t much like reading my camera''s manual either...
I wanted to ask you about your 1.6 and do you feel any sadness to let it go.
I DEFINITELY had that wistful feeling during the last days with my stone. It started lookinjg really pretty and I backed out of an F SI1 because I got sentimental at the last minute. A week later, a cleaner SI2 came up, so I am glad I waited.

Well, it''s a little hard to say ''buh-bye!'' but ...... you are tough! I am sure you will brace yourself and move on to that bad new big boy!
This is so exciting!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Au revoir fabulous J...

160withcanon d.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Canon is soooo awesome with macro I actually was able to find alot of the small white inclusions that make this stone an SI2...inclusions I have never seen with either a loupe or my naked eye. It's totally amazing! You can see some of them smattered up near the top right of the stone.

160withcanon e.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Arrows within the beautiful flowers!!!

160withcanon f.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
another...

160withcanon g.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this one looks so elegant for some reason...okay that''s it for now!

160withcanon h.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Mara,
Don''t get caught up in the "seller''s remorse" over the soon-to-be-old stone...
once you get that new puppy on your hand, it will be like "What 1.6???"
2.gif

So excited for you
9.gif
!!!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
your pics look amazing! There seems to be very little learning curve for you. Is there a thread anywhere about your new camera? i have a Canon PowerShot A510. I have no idea how that compares, but when I used macro, the shots didn''t come out well. I just put it on auto-focus, shoot and crop later.
I am not particularly interested in photography - only in diamond pics!
what software are you using to crop & size?
I use Photoshop (which I bought when I read Ana uses it) and I am still such a beginner. I also use Paint to re-size.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Love the new pics! I have been wanting a new digital camera for some time and I think the Cannon is the way to go!

You can refer to the final pics of your old stone as "Symphony No. 1.6" (violins playing in background)

Shoot, if your 1.6 wasn''t out of my price range I would tell WF to hold it for me!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results