shape
carat
color
clarity

Italian heirloom for Old cut lovers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!

What a beautiful diamond!!! And it''s huge! Love it!!!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I would gladly let a grandmother beat me within an inch of my life for that stone
9.gif
2.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, that ring is gorgeous!!!! The stone is huge and so luscious. I am so sorry, the way your grandma treated you, but like others have said I am so glad that gorgeous beauty is yours.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Whoa. Whoa. My jaw just dropped. That ring -- amazing. I am sorry about your grandmother being such a piece of work -- but now the ring has found a friendlier home.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 9:16:26 AM
Author: whitby_2773
Holy. Tamole.

Good. Grief.

WOWOWOWOW!

lilo - now THAT is a ring!

wow. wow. unbelievable.

love it.

(trying to get jaw off floor)

wow.

just...

wow.
I could not have said it better myself....
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

What a stunning ring!

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
OMG that just made my day!!!! Any chance of you being able to post some fire pictures of that baby in the near future????

Funny about the insurance huh? Seems these things are so lovely but in a way sometimes they can almost be a burden (I was sick to my stomach when I had to carry around my unset stone - uninsured of course - had to keep reminding myself I''d never been mugged etc BEFORE so it was unlikely to happen when I had the rock on me) It''s so cool that you like to wear it and you don''t just lock it away in "a safe place"...... of course, there are many on here who boldly wear their sparlies - lucky for all of us!!!

- Jodie -

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

....need O2................

MORE pictures! Look at that crown--fit for a princess!!!

cheers--Sharon

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 1:59:26 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I would gladly let a grandmother beat me within an inch of my life for that stone
9.gif
2.gif
9.gif

ROFL!

My sentiments exactly. Lilo, your ring is gorgeous, and regardless of where it came from, it''s an incredibly special piece! I''m so glad your Mother was able to rescue it for you. It''s simply stunning!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 1:59:26 PM
Author: purrfectpear
9.gif
2.gif

Ditto PP. Now THAT is a gorgeous stone!

Lilo

Rough_Rock
I am still laughing about your comments girls! Especially purrfectpear''s. My feelings too, if I may say! Who cares now how she treated me when I was little. Now I am the cat with the milk! And my other grandma loved me for two!
I am terrified to wear it outside the shop tho, so I tend to wear it only there, and that makes it difficult to take pictures...I took those ones under the white light we use for examining diamonds, but it washes out everything.
I am attaching an extra picture that is rubbish in quality, but I like the rainbow lights!!!!
I promise I will take it home again one day and take pictures in the sun (if there ever is some over here...
8.gif
)

Thank you again for all your lovely comments!!! I will post pictures of the sugarloaf sapphire in the coloured stones section tomorrow!

1.gif

nonna5.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2009 8:52:44 AM
Author:Lilo
I would like to contribute to the ''old cut ****'' by showing you my baby, inherited from my Italian grandmother. Unfortunately due to its value I can''t fins anyone to insure it with in the UK. They ask a fortune!!!! Any advice on that side would be super!
Lilo
2.gif

Hmmmm, advice you say? Well, I live in the U.S. where getting it insured wouldn''t be a problem, soooooo, while I don''t make this offer to just any PSer, I''m willing to make an exception in your case and take the ring for you and insure it. You can visit it anytime you want. Ohhhhh, did I mention I''m Italian, just like the ring, so I could also meet you in Italy a few times a year and you could visit it. Don''t worry about inconveniencing me, I''d do it for the good of the forum--I know everyone here would sleep better if the ring were insured
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s stunning!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
if it EVER gets to heavy, you can send it my way
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
That is lovely, what an incredible ring.
Please more pictures

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Your ring is absolutely stunning!!!
I totally agree that not all family stories are sweet stories... very true.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Holy mother of bling!

Wow.

Just - Wow.

23.gif
30.gif

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous ring!

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! That is one gorgeous ring. Love it. Thanks for your candor. I agree not all family stories are all rainbows and unicorns and warm cookies. I am sorry you went through that. I am glad that you have the ring. It sounds like you earned it. I adore antiques and cool old stuff in general. When I think of stuff inherited or bought from someone who does not evoke happy or positive memories. I try to think about the artisan who lovingly or at least painstakingly crafted it in the first place. Or I think about how old the material it was made from is (which in the case of diamonds is pretty darn old). It helps to give it added history if that make sense. And now by wearing it yourself you reinvent it and give it a positive new history.

Your ring is truly fabulous thank you for posting pictures!
30.gif

Mrs.2Artists

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
stunning! absolutely STUNNING.
23.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing amazing ring!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so...you''ve offically made me feel okay about someday upgrading as large as 2.5 carats. I thought I wouldn''t be able to because my finger size is a 4. Now, if you''d kindly send me the ring so I can confirm that thought process that would be wonderful!
27.gif
LOL!

It is beautiful. I love antique cushions. Jonathans new protype cushion is on my to do list this year
31.gif

Wont be 2 carats nor nearly as beautiful of a setting as first! But I''ve gotta start somewhere!

I love the history of the ring! BEAUTIFUL! ENJOY!
30.gif

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 9:16:26 AM
Holy. Tamole.

Good. Grief.

WOWOWOWOW!

lilo - now THAT is a ring!

wow. wow. unbelievable.

love it.

(trying to get jaw off floor)

wow.

just...

wow.

Agreed!!!!!!!
6.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful--thanks for sharing.
1.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 9:45:26 PM
Author: geckodani
Holy mother of bling!

Wow.

Just - Wow.

23.gif
30.gif

ROFL

sometimes you ladies just make me laugh out LOUD!

and that''s gonna be my new official abbreviation - HMOB!

laughinggggggg here :D

(happy thursday, everyone!)

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and lilo - i''m still not over your ring - i dragged my HUSBAND in here - just to make him look at it! it was that, or show the dogs - and i had to show SOME one!

HMOB!

:D

Lilo

Rough_Rock
Redrose/Stephanie I hear ya! I would send it to you to try on if only the postal service wasn''t so unreliable...
3.gif

If you come to London you can try it on though...
9.gif
I always try on the new rings that come in the shop but rb of that size look humungous on me. I look like a child playing dress-up. How lucky that this one has most of the carat weight in the height...

Whitby did you hubby appreciate? and the dogs?

Mrs 2Artists I agree with you. I love the history behind period pieces, even if I don''t know it (and perhaps because I don''t know it!!)

Matata thank you for your concern. I truly appreciate it but I think the baby feels at home on my Italian finger already and you know what they say about uprooting babies from their natural environment...
9.gif

Once I have learned how to take decent pictures I will try and capture the fire in it.

Does anyone here have the Legacy in green torumaline????I wanna see it on someone!!!

xxlil

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! What an absolutely gorgeous stone!!
30.gif
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so beautiful! I adore it.

JuliaV

Rough_Rock
All I can say is WOW!!
30.gif
gorgeous stone!!! I am defintely a fan of old cut stones, and yours is just amazing.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2009 1:38:08 PM

Date: 3/18/2009 9:45:26 PM
Author: geckodani
Holy mother of bling!

Wow.

Just - Wow.

23.gif
30.gif

ROFL

sometimes you ladies just make me laugh out LOUD!

and that''s gonna be my new official abbreviation - HMOB!

laughinggggggg here :D

(happy thursday, everyone!)
Hee hee. It seemed appropriate.
9.gif
HMOB!!! I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results