shape
carat
color
clarity

It Arrived!! My J.Rake Beverly K Pink Tourmaline Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I''m a little confused about the platinum markings. Here''s what''s on the tag:

jrakestamp3.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And here's what's inside the band. Do you think the "PT" on the tag stands for platinum content - and it means "platinum 950"? It's not a big deal, I was just wondering if there was a discrepancy, because the mark is clearly PT900.

jrakestamp2.JPG

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow love it! It''s such a beautiful colour and the setting is great!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your JRake purchase! I''ve been on that website nonstop since I originally saw the thread!

The ring is gorgeous!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
PT900 is another platinum alloy that is sometimes used in jewelry. It is 900 parts platinum alloyed with 100 parts of another metal, often iridium, I believe. PT950 contains 950 parts platinum, 50 parts of another metal (iridium, ruthenium, and cobalt are all used).

The ring is so gorgeous! I love the color of the tourmaline, and the detail on the setting is so nicely done. It looks lovely.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness, I love it!!!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I believe Mr. Morrell uses PT900 for his work.
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 5:36:54 PM
Author: kittybean
PT900 is another platinum alloy that is sometimes used in jewelry. It is 900 parts platinum alloyed with 100 parts of another metal, often iridium, I believe. PT950 contains 950 parts platinum, 50 parts of another metal (iridium, ruthenium, and cobalt are all used).

The ring is so gorgeous! I love the color of the tourmaline, and the detail on the setting is so nicely done. It looks lovely.
Yeah, I''m familiar with the 90% platinum, 10% alloy (which is clearly how the ring is stamped); I just wondered if the tag says something different.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the color!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 5:50:15 PM
Author: k9muttlover
I believe Mr. Morrell uses PT900 for his work.
1.gif
So I''m in excellent company!!
9.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!
30.gif
That tourmaline is gorgeous for starters. And the ring - what a cool setting. There''s just so much detail! I like how it looks with your 2 baguette bands! You''ve got yourself a nice collection there celle!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to confess . . . I keep coming back to stare.
emembarrassed.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 4:08:10 PM
Author: cellentani
Thanks Linda W - I wasn''t expecting a stellar stone, but I''m happy with this one. I''ve always wanted a pink tourmaline, too.

rhbgirl - thank you; I know, isn''t the hidden diamond a great touch? I had no idea it would be like that!

k9muttlover - I can''t wait to see your pendant!! (off to see what k9 ordered...)

Thanks upgrade.

BEG - thanks for your comments. However, I don''t think the stone can compare to any of your beauties. There''s some color-weirdness going on that might just be normal; I''ll post pics in a sec. I actually don''t even mind the style of cut, but it''s a little off-center. I''m already thinking of replacing it someday. It won''t be anytime soon, but how crazy is that - I just got the stinkin'' ring!!

Thanks, Steel. To be honest, I was a little nervous the whole time. My DH gave me the go-ahead to order, but right after I clicked ''confirm order'', I thought - OMG, what did I just do?!

Puffy, Diamond Dana, Ara Ann, iluvcarats, CdnBlingGal and AprilBaby, thanks so much.

Thanks, akmiss. When is your band supposed to arrive? I hope you post tons of pics.

I took some more pics, but I feel kinda funny about posting so many.

Aw thanks Cellentani. I love your ring though - it''s such a beautiful setting, and the incredible amount of detail and the quality is just incomparable. Although if you end up replacing the stone later, that''d be a fun project! Although this pink one is really pretty - is it the blue color shift in your later pics that you''re concerned about?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 5:56:00 PM
Date: 2/11/2009 5:36:54 PM

Yeah, I''m familiar with the 90% platinum, 10% alloy (which is clearly how the ring is stamped); I just wondered if the tag says something different.
Oops. I didn''t understand your question. I think the tag does say something different.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
It`s beautiful!!!
30.gif
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 6:42:33 PM

Oops. I didn''t understand your question. I think the tag does say something different.
Oh well, either way I have no right to complain, do I? So I''ll just hush my mouth now. Thanks, kittybean.
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! That is just gorgeous!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Looks pretty swaeeeet!

cheers--Sharon

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thank you joflier!! You and IrishGrrrl are cracking me up about going to see each other. IrishGrrrl, I keep going to look at your Beverly K ring too. I now know what you mean about the detail and milgrain being absolutely perfect! And I swear, if you're within a 30-mile radius of me, I'm coming over to take pics of that stunner!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
that''s a KNOCKOUT
30.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Your collection is growing rapidly! I think I need to catch up!
3.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 7:34:51 PM
Thank you joflier!! You and IrishGrrrl are cracking me up about going to see each other. IrishGrrrl, I keep going to look at your Beverly K ring too. I now know what you mean about the detail and milgrain being absolutely perfect! And I swear, if you''re within a 30-mile radius of me, I''m coming over to take pics of that stunner!!
Hey, your welcome to come too. We''ll just get a little extra happy juice!
31.gif
9.gif
It''ll be a blast!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a wonderful find. I adore the color - and the square halo! Yum!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT! It is pink, therefore it should be mine. ;-)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 6:42:05 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Aw thanks Cellentani. I love your ring though - it's such a beautiful setting, and the incredible amount of detail and the quality is just incomparable. Although if you end up replacing the stone later, that'd be a fun project! Although this pink one is really pretty - is it the blue color shift in your later pics that you're concerned about?
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. I don't know if it's characteristic of pink t's to do that, but heck, it could just be a reflection. I guess it's not something I'm actually worried about, I just didn't expect it. Actually, now I don't think it's a reflection (refraction, maybe?), because I just took some shots under fluorescent lights, and it's got the same blue - actually blue/purple. Let me attach the pic.

BevK blue.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!! I simply LOVE the look of a round stone in a square halo. I love the delicate stackers with it, too, a perfect compliment.

Thank you for sharing!!

gorri8

Shiny_Rock
OMG I am in love... so beautiful on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
oooooooooooOOOOO!! Prettttty!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results