shape
carat
color
clarity

It’s here! 6.07 leggy Emerald in 18kt gold with some friends!

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful love the setting and the stone .great pics .

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This project was altered at least 400 times during the design process! From the stone (proportions, warmth, even shape) to the ring design (solitaire, halo, bezel, sidestones) but I can confidently say this ring is one to rule them all and will be another lovely heirloom piece for our daughters.

I knew I wanted a stone that had longer proportions since my fingers are short. This stone comes in at just over 1.5. with a depth of 68%. We had initially wanted a simple solitaire so I could stack bands to jazz it up a bit, but alas, my short fingers can only comfortably handle 3 rings max. We landed on a set of Cadillac side stones of about .70 tcw and gave the green light to David to move forward on the designs.

I knew I wanted 18kt satin finished gold with milgrainins and platinum prongs. I wanted the sidestones to float on the side without any prong struts. I love a good knife edge with milgrain down the center, so we stuck with that theme. Since this was made with the intention to mark a milestone and be a piece our daughters can enjoy, we wanted to add the 10th Mountain Crest at the base of the head as a nod to my husbands military career. And no ring can be complete without a matching band, so we had David make a matching plain band.

I was lucky enough to snag two amazing preloved pieces that couldn’t have been planned more perfectly and complete this ring stack like peanut butter does to jelly.

I snapped a few hasty photos before the rush of the weekend. Graduation season is upon us and we are out the dooor soon. (Thankfully it will be a few more years till we host our own graduate!)

Quick specs:
6.07ct
G, VS1 (two small pin points)
Depth 68%
Table 63%
18kt YG/Plat ring size 6.25

Thanks to those who gave feedback during the design process! I’m so thankful to be able to share this piece here! Our circle doesn’t have many who are interested in jewelry, let alone diamonds, so this is a wonderful place to celebrate a project that means a lot to me!

IMG_4183.jpeg IMG_4167.jpeg IMG_4178.jpeg IMG_4116.jpeg IMG_4066.jpeg IMG_4054.jpeg

OMG, that is stunning!!!!!! Did David source the stone for you? Earth mined?

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OH.MY.GOD.I.LOVE.IT.
Thank you, Ame!!

Beautiful love the setting and the stone .great pics .
Thanks Thorstedwife! I’m learning that step cuts have much more personality and are so hard to photograph well!

OMG, that is stunning!!!!!! Did David source the stone for you? Earth mined?
Thanks Autumngems! He did not source the stone for us, but I have seen some amazing pieces where he has! I saw your amethyst post - have you started a project with that amazing stone yet? The color is just beautiful!!!

Reactions: ame

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely GORGEOUS stone!! I recognize it! It’s the IGI CVD, right? I was watching the same one actually, on Brilliance. Perfectly chamfered corners :love: And my kind of L/W ratio, and honest inclusions - one of the biggest reasons I liked this stone too, I appreciate “honest” inclusions. Even in a VS1 where we know inclusions won’t have any impact on light return. I missed this thread earlier, and just caught up on your sidestone decision thread as well - the sidestones you chose complement the center beautifully. Congratulations on your beautiful new heirloom!!

(Just FYI - this thread should be moved to the MMD specific forum. You can hit “Report concern” at the bottom of any post and let the mods know!)

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the proportions on your stone. A truly elegant emerald cut. Isn’t it amazing that labs can be grown this size and with this clarity now? I remember when they couldn’t get clean ones bigger than a carat. We’re so lucky that VS1s in this size are available. Congratulations on your ginormous new emerald cut.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Ame!!

Thanks Thorstedwife! I’m learning that step cuts have much more personality and are so hard to photograph well!

Thanks Autumngems! He did not source the stone for us, but I have seen some amazing pieces where he has! I saw your amethyst post - have you started a project with that amazing stone yet? The color is just beautiful!!!

Nothing yet, still contemplating

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD! It is perfectly gorgeous and I loved how you added the crest and those gorgeous details! Looks gorgeous with those bands too!

Curby311

Rough_Rock
This is a gorgeous combo! Well done on a perfect pairing.

drillsgtsgem

Shiny_Rock
This is unbelievably gorgeous. Everything looks so perfectly curated.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Leo Wang A gentle reminder that this thread is for the creator (kilosierra) to show off her Emerald ring.

If you would like to show off your ring please create your own thread (in order to not highjack someone else's thread).

Or if you dont want to create your own thread you can post in this thread where anyone can post their beauties!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe I missed this, but holy cr*p, this is gorgeous! :love: I adore your collection of bands as well! Wear in the best of health!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! Wowzer! Enjoy this GORGEOUS Ring!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results