shape
carat
color
clarity

IT’S FINALLY FINISHED!!!! 3.2 ct. dream solitaire and anniversary band

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
@Gemly WHOA WHOA WHOA!! You have such a gorgeous new e-ring; this feels like holy grail territory! I remember your posts when you were deliberating on the stone, and I'm so glad you picked the 3.2 over the smaller stone. It is just jaw dropping. I've been thinking a 3-3.2 ct solitaire is my dream one day- and you've just confirmed it. And DAAAAAANG, I love how your new e-ring goes with your entire diamond band stack. Your patience has paid off. I hope you wear with great joy!!

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
@Gemly WHOA WHOA WHOA!! You have such a gorgeous new e-ring; this feels like holy grail territory! I remember your posts when you were deliberating on the stone, and I'm so glad you picked the 3.2 over the smaller stone. It is just jaw dropping. I've been thinking a 3-3.2 ct solitaire is my dream one day- and you've just confirmed it. And DAAAAAANG, I love how your new e-ring goes with your entire diamond band stack. Your patience has paid off. I hope you wear with great joy!!

Thank you so much @Gemstonesrock!! I’m really loving it and it does bring me a lot of joy. David is making me a custom spacer band to go between the diamond eternity ring and the e-ring. Here is the CAD that’s still being adjusted and the inspiration ring :)

BFE5FD08-6440-40B8-8CDD-3F70BFBB9A08.jpeg

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a pretty and delicate set with the yellow gold.

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
My custom spacer ring is completed! This will (possibly!) complete my stack :). Made to sit just below the prongs to protect e-ring from eternity band. I love it!! 18k yellow gold.

76873135-4101-4C14-9EE9-59983AD20F19.jpeg F96129F3-0AD4-4F25-B35D-746B7DDDA4D2.jpeg 596DD682-93CA-42D1-88CB-D5C30EEE7E11.jpeg

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow I’m so glad this thread was bumped — I missed it before. Beautiful ring (I love the profile details) and fantastic stack!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings! I wish I had long fingers to stack!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That is a beautiful set and the stack looks perfect on your hand.

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
@Gemly: I love your rings! The stack is very pretty! I’m debating on weather to do an ER like yours with David Klass in all platinum or two-tone like yours. Do you have a stack pic with the new spacer? By chance are you in the Seattle area, wondering with all the rainy pics. :)

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, @Gemly - what a beautiful set of rings! And your soli is just glorious.

Wear those beauties in good health always!

Aurora26

Shiny_Rock
@Gemly So gorgeous!

Question for you about the setting. Do you feel as if the platinum prongs are sturdy and secure enough on their own without gallery rails? I am debating a similar, classic setting to yours but concerned about the stone’s security without gallery rails (I think some may call this the basket? I’m not too sure)

1609777033881.jpeg

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
@Gemly: I love your rings! The stack is very pretty! I’m debating on weather to do an ER like yours with David Klass in all platinum or two-tone like yours. Do you have a stack pic with the new spacer? By chance are you in the Seattle area, wondering with all the rainy pics. :)

Hi Mochi, here is a pic of the spacer. It really adds to the overall aesthetic and I’m very happy with it. And yes, PNW girl through and through :) 77BE44AC-4322-44F6-8917-36B21D8D856C.jpeg

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
@Gemly So gorgeous!

Question for you about the setting. Do you feel as if the platinum prongs are sturdy and secure enough on their own without gallery rails? I am debating a similar, classic setting to yours but concerned about the stone’s security without gallery rails (I think some may call this the basket? I’m not too sure)

1609777033881.jpeg

Hi Aurora, the ring you’re showing is a 4 prong. In a 4 prong the basket (rails) add greatly to the security of the head. If one prong breaks your diamond can/will fall out. My ring is a 6 prong and so even if one prong breaks the diamond will still be “secure.” 6 prongs don’t require a basket and by nature are more secure.

JoangA

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Just wow! What a stunning set! And you take beautiful pictures!

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
@Gemly Wow!!!! Thanks for the pic!!! The whole stack very, very pretty!!! I'm drooling! I so wish I can show you the diamonds I am comparing right now to get your opinion. I need someone at the pricescope level. lol

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
@Gemly Wow!!!! Thanks for the pic!!! The whole stack very, very pretty!!! I'm drooling! I so wish I can show you the diamonds I am comparing right now to get your opinion. I need someone at the pricescope level. lol

Feel free to post and I’d be happy to share my opinion :)

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
@Gemly Long story short, I went with Blue Nile because I really wanted this setting:
https://www.bluenile.com/build-your...m-engagement-ring_50572?diamondSku=LD06352075.

Initially I ordered a 2.05 G and then found PS and the HCA tool. I ran the diamond specs in the HCA tool and realized it had an HCA score of 3.4 therefore I searched daily to find a better HCA and swapped it out with this 2.19 G before the 2.05 G shipped. I picked up the 2.19 G this weekend, but was not impressed by the setting because the wedding band has a slight curve to compensate for the low basket and it doesn't stay very close even though it's notched. I don't need it super close, but I figure if it's curved it should be super close with no gap. I guess the curve isn't flattering to me and the ring also kept spinning. The ER band is 1.6mm. How wide is yours?

The diamond appeared to have good fire, but it also appeared gray next to the pave diamonds, wasn't sure if this was typical for a pave settings or if it was an issue with the center diamond. Then I started thinking, maybe I need to go with a Tiffany style solitaire setting to avoid having any pave. I did go toTiffany's to check out the Tiffany knife edge
ER to see if I would like it and while I was there I saw there Novo pave setting and noticed the center diamond was more grey compared to the pave portion of the band. Do you notice any obvious color differences from your center diamond to the pave?

I ordered an aset scope to screen the 2.19 which should arrive in the next couple days. I also sourced a 2.02 F with an HCA score of 1.0 at Blue Nile. I'm all over the place. lol.

I am leaning towards returning the G and placing an order for a slightly bigger ACA H at Whiteflash.

Thanks for hearing me out! :)
1609814331442.png
1609815221391.png

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring and what a lovely set. There is something so rich and luxurious about yellow gold!

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
@Gemly Long story short, I went with Blue Nile because I really wanted this setting:
https://www.bluenile.com/build-your...m-engagement-ring_50572?diamondSku=LD06352075.

Initially I ordered a 2.05 G and then found PS and the HCA tool. I ran the diamond specs in the HCA tool and realized it had an HCA score of 3.4 therefore I searched daily to find a better HCA and swapped it out with this 2.19 G before the 2.05 G shipped. I picked up the 2.19 G this weekend, but was not impressed by the setting because the wedding band has a slight curve to compensate for the low basket and it doesn't stay very close even though it's notched. I don't need it super close, but I figure if it's curved it should be super close with no gap. I guess the curve isn't flattering to me and the ring also kept spinning. The ER band is 1.6mm. How wide is yours?

The diamond appeared to have good fire, but it also appeared gray next to the pave diamonds, wasn't sure if this was typical for a pave settings or if it was an issue with the center diamond. Then I started thinking, maybe I need to go with a Tiffany style solitaire setting to avoid having any pave. I did go toTiffany's to check out the Tiffany knife edge
ER to see if I would like it and while I was there I saw there Novo pave setting and noticed the center diamond was more grey compared to the pave portion of the band. Do you notice any obvious color differences from your center diamond to the pave?

I ordered an aset scope to screen the 2.19 which should arrive in the next couple days. I also sourced a 2.02 F with an HCA score of 1.0 at Blue Nile. I'm all over the place. lol.

I am leaning towards returning the G and placing an order for a slightly bigger ACA H at Whiteflash.

Thanks for hearing me out! :)
1609814331442.png
1609815221391.png

Hi Mochi,
I prefer the 2.02 F based on the complementary angles- however this diamond will favor brightness with less fire (think high white light return flashes). ACA’s are beautiful stones and so I’m sure you would be happy going that route. My engagement ring shank is 2.0mm wide. I don’t notice any color difference between my center stone and the pave. The color match was done very well. Good job doing your research! Take your time and wait for the perfect stone :)

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
Thank you Gemly for the wonderful advice! Have you seen a diamond that has both a GIA and AGS report? I'm curious to know if they grade the same in color and clarity. Have a wonderful week!!

Honeybasil

Shiny_Rock
Gemly, your rings are just so beautiful. I love them! Truly perfect!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still loving this beauty!

AF79B6B6-7656-4BC6-8361-3482F3D81F5F.jpeg EB166811-7D8F-4FCF-BEAE-A3E2F8128B8E.jpeg

All of your rings look perfectly combined together and your ER is a real show-stopper!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still gorgeous! Just wondering, how many mm wide is the sculpted band at the widest points?

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
Still gorgeous! Just wondering, how many mm wide is the sculpted band at the widest points?

The marquis is 2.4mm at its widest point. The solitaire shank is 2mm wide.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results