carat
color
clarity

Is this ring hazy or am I going crazy?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i see. thank you!!

of course i want THE most effective cleaner for diamonds. BUT i also care about using something that doesn't do so much harm to the environment, preferably no harm

that's why i got the ultrasonic with steam option, as it just uses water.

pheewww, so happy to know that dawn is environmental!

thanks very much karl, for saving me some research time. greatly appreciate it!!!

im going to get some dawn when i leave the house for groceries

They actually use Dawn on wildlife that has been caught in an oil spill! It's superior in removing grease. I use some Dr. Bronner's in soap pumps, but it has oils in it so I wouldn't use for cleaning jewelry. Dawn or Windex are the ones I use. If I want to do a fast clean, I'll just put my rings in a little bowl, spray windex, brush and rinse. That uses so little that it really can't cause any harm.

Oh, and for an extra bit of info on Dawn, it will kill fleas if you bathe a dog with it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How interesting! I'll stop using the dazzle stick for now and invest in an ultrasonic. Do you have any particular recommendations or would one from Amazon with decent reviews suffice?

I'd find the smallest one with the best reviews. Mine is no longer sold, but it was inexpensive and works fine.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
They actually use Dawn on wildlife that has been caught in an oil spill! It's superior in removing grease. I use some Dr. Bronner's in soap pumps, but it has oils in it so I wouldn't use for cleaning jewelry. Dawn or Windex are the ones I use. If I want to do a fast clean, I'll just put my rings in a little bowl, spray windex, brush and rinse. That uses so little that it really can't cause any harm.

Oh, and for an extra bit of info on Dawn, it will kill fleas if you bathe a dog with it!

thank you thank you @diamondseeker2006

it is no wonder that when i use dr bronners the results are not as nice. i will most certainly pick up some dawn and windex, the next time i am due for grocery errands.

i was under the wrongful impression that dawn contained lots of toxic ingredients, until karl k, informed me otherwise

i like your method of windex spritzed into a small bowl of jewelry, thereby utilizing less of it than say a jar of it ...

i appreciate your advice!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
SO washes his hands in Dawn. In winter, his hands are so de-fatted and dried he could remove the clear coat on a car.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
Reading this thread was super informative to me.
I have parts of my Ering I cannot get to to clean no matter how I try. One of the diamonds on the side of the setting turned really dark. I have cleaned it over and over again but can’t get it to brighten up again. It’s pretty obvious. But the way it’s set I just can’t get up into it to clean it.
It’s super frustrating that I have to take it to a jewellers so I will talk hubby into buying a sonic cleaner and hope he doesn’t buy one off Wish dot com. Ugh.
Will be good to use for airbrush guns etc as well. Any suggestions to the best one that doesn’t break the budget is appreciated.

Beautiful-disaster

Shiny_Rock
@Gemly - that diamond in your profile picture is beyond stunning. Do you have a thread about this you can link me to? I would love to know more about it.

Gemly

Shiny_Rock
@Gemly - that diamond in your profile picture is beyond stunning. Do you have a thread about this you can link me to? I would love to know more about it.

Thank you so much! I really love it. I’m having a custom ring made and so haven’t done a thread on it yet. Hopefully the ring will be done soon. You can see additional pictures in my posted threads, though, from when I was deciding between this and another diamond.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love Lavish to clean my jewelry. It has worked so well I haven't needed to purchase an ultrasonic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results