shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this Idealscope image really super ideal level??

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-3016682.htm#

idealscope_8.png

Is such light leakage under the table typical even among super ideal H&A diamonds when the IS is taken on a white background?
Most WF IS images are taken on a blackground, so cannot do any apple to apple comparison.

I try to interpret different IS images time to time (for fun) and happened to come across this stone/image couple times.

I am just curious.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Bumping this because I am curious to know as well...

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
Doesn't look like light leakage to me. What is that you call leakage?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gr8leo87|1466212057|4045288 said:

thanks for the response gr8leo87.
I always thought a grey ring under the table represents light leakage. It is not something I often see in the IS of super ideal cut diamonds. It is normally solid red (or slight different tones of red) throughout the table facet.

If the grey ring does not represent light leakage, what's causing it appear grey?

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
flyingpig said:
gr8leo87|1466212057|4045288 said:

thanks for the response gr8leo87.
I always thought a grey ring under the table represents light leakage. It is not something I often see in the IS of super ideal cut diamonds. It is normally solid red (or slight different tones of red) throughout the table facet.

If the grey ring does not represent light leakage, what's causing it appear grey?
It's returning proper light under the table as well - the difference of intensity of colour that you see is likely artifact of photography setup exaggerated by back lighting.

Under the table light 'leakage' will always be coupled with grayed out arrows in photos or red arrows in IS . In this picture it shows absolutely beautiful arrows popping up. It also shows a strong/weak combination of virtual facets under the table (which will be a combination of red and green on an ASET) these stones if anything will have a better scintillaton in my opinion.

Remember - a)under the table leakage is coupled with invisible/greyed out/red/pink arrows instead of black. Basically light is being reflected from where it should be obstructed and leaked from where it should be reflected. This is a function of the pavillion angle.

B) leakage on the crown would be on the upper half facets and these would be most likely green on ASET.

C) sometimes you see that there's leakage triangle under the table facet confined to only one portion - that happens because of opposing LH facets of substantially longer lengths than the LHs on this side. This also results in one of the hearts being substantially smaller than the other otherwise symmetrical hearts.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks alot for the explanation. I really appreciate it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll not be seeing leakage in a WF ACA, I can pretty much guarantee that!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results