shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond too big for my hand??

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
This is 3 carats on a size 5.25.

I’m still worried it looks a little too ostentatious.

Not at all. When you get to the 11-29 carat range then we can revisit this issue. Your ring looks great on your hand. Enjoy and Congratulations:kiss2:

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful! When I first upgraded my diamond for my 25th I thought it looked so big and weighed so much. Now, it doesn't!! LOL

Bella4135

Rough_Rock
You're totally overthinking it!! It's gorgeous!!

pebbles7

Rough_Rock
I love it ! Congratulations !

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I just got engaged a few weeks ago and I love this ring so much. I’m just worried the size of the diamond doesn’t fit my hand. Am I overthinking this?

Let me know what you think! 0D45A5FD-383B-4A05-9BAC-02A2823D712F.jpeg

Nope.

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s perfect! And everyone that tells you the opposite is just jealous!

karlsteiner

Rough_Rock
I just got engaged a few weeks ago and I love this ring so much. I’m just worried the size of the diamond doesn’t fit my hand. Am I overthinking this?

Oh, for crying out loud -- if it were any smaller, you'd think you had chicken fingers. Enjoy the size and when you can, upgrade to something a little bigger to show off your lovely hand.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*snorts with laughter* "Too big?" what is that? :lol: sweetheart it looks absolutely divine on your hand! Don't change a thing. Congratulations. :love:

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
yes you are overthinking! the ring is perfect on you!!!

MZN

Rough_Rock
Congrats! As long as you love it, enjoy! But if you want, you can get another smaller solitaire or diamond band, for times when you don’t feel comfortable wearing the big diamond! ;)2=)2:cool2:=)2

zbajwa00

Rough_Rock
Its beautiful. I will attest to the diamond shrinkage syndrome. Mine is about 0.9 carats and it feels like it gets smaller each year. You ring is stunning.

reyasjose

Rough_Rock

Congratulations on your engagement! I think your ring is beautiful just the right size for you.

CBPearllover

Shiny_Rock
I read the title and immediately said out loud: "Nope!"

Edit: read your post, the answer is still "Nope!" Rock that ring, sister

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Size matters from one 3.66 carat wearer to another :)

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock

Definitely not!! And I agree with others, you are asking the wrong group of people hahaha. If it’s 10 carats or more maybe but for some that’s not even big enough .

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes. :roll2::rolleyes::roll:

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
It’s the largest of anyone I know and I feel a little self conscious wearing it. I’m hoping that feeling will go away.

Don't you fret, do you love your diamond- yes? That's all that matters. Yes Diamond Shrinking Syndrome is real.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
A 3c (9mm) on a size 5 finger is AMAZING! Your stone looks like a great performing diamond too. Please post the specs of your diamond and more pictures of your ring.

....and thanks to all the comedians who posted on this thread...needed all those laughs today!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my 3ct (size 6) shamelessly. Started off with smaller than a carat, then 2 carat, then 2.5 carats, and now just over 3. Don’t you worry; it will feel smaller over time.

If people tell me “that’s such a huuuuge diamond,” I don’t deny it, I just say “yes it is.” And it usually ends there. If people say “your husband must be so rich!” I’ll say “he’s a very generous man.” Nobody has ever asked me how much it cost and if they do I’ll say “enough for us.”

Your ring is beautiful and I hope you can find a way to wear it as proudly as you feel about your engagement. Congratulations!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it too and I’m not always a bigger is better for daily wear. I actually slightly downsized a stone.

Rough_Rock
I ended up going to a 2.5. I was just too uncomfortable every day.

Estrella185

Rough_Rock
I ended up going to a 2.5. I was just too uncomfortable every day.

Pics please ! Gotta do what makes you feel comfortable especially for everyday wear .... hope you enjoy this size more=)2

FireMonkey

Shiny_Rock
Read through this whole thread and still don't understand the question. :confused: :D Haha!

But really: I think your ring looks perfect. It's classic, elegant, and timeless. It absolutely does not look "off" or otherwise like it doesn't belong on your finger. Not even slightly. I hope after a little more time, you become comfortable and can enjoy it completely. Congrats on your engagement! :appl:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
This is 3 carats on a size 5.25.

I’m still worried it looks a little too ostentatious.

I can attest that last year we upgraded to a 3.6ct and at first I was even a bit embarrassed by it. Now, just a year later it looks average to me though I still get comments on how "big" it is. I do now see how some say I may even desire bigger one day now, though last year briefly I thought it may have been a mistake!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results