shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond too big for my hand??

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see no evidence of weight-related trauma to your hand so, no that diamond is not too big for your hand. :))

Seriously, this is all just personal preference.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
First of all congratulations on your engagment
Your ring looks beautiful on your hand
No ring is too big around here
as others have said

wait till you discover diamond shrinkage :doh:
You will get used to the size in no time and certainly over a lifetime

But seriously please pay no attention to what any one else thinks
its your hand, your ring and your fiancé, if anyone is being negative its jealously

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Don’t worry, you’ll find out in time there is a thing called “shrinkage” where the diamonds you thought looked massive when you first got them seem way smaller after a few months. Meaning you’ll be back on here eventually saying “I’m wondering if I should upgrade my e ring to a four carat”!

Congratulations on your engagement.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I just got engaged a few weeks ago and I love this ring so much. I’m just worried the size of the diamond doesn’t fit my hand. Am I overthinking this?

Let me know what you think! 0D45A5FD-383B-4A05-9BAC-02A2823D712F.jpeg

What’s wrong with that? Haha. Just enjoy.

Pretty soon you might ask “Is this too small?”

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will shrink. DSS (Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome) can set in if you hang out here too long. Then you start to try and figure out how you will upgrade, go bigger, reset, switch shapes, go antique, add bands, its endless.

p.s. It looks fabulous.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got engaged a few weeks ago and I love this ring so much. I’m just worried the size of the diamond doesn’t fit my hand. Am I overthinking this?

Is this diamond too big for my hand??

Nope. Not even close. Beautiful diamond. Enjoy!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Noooo, it's awesome. Some men take great pride to have their fiance sporting a beautiful large stone. Watch his face when someone compliments that beautiful ring.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
It’s the largest of anyone I know and I feel a little self conscious wearing it. I’m hoping that feeling will go away.

1. Your ring looks lovely, enjoy it and stop worrying.

2. That feeling will go away. We get used to things very quickly.

3. Many people upgrade over time so give your social circle another 5-10 years and they may catchup with you and even surpass you. Then you may be back on here asking about upgrades.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
to answer your question:

i do not think it looks too big for your hand. i think it does look like a good healthy size

you must feel comfortable with it. if you are uncomfortable and are embarrassed to wear it, then consider going to a smaller carat weight.

in the future, you may or may not choose to trade up or upgrade or purchase a larger carat weight diamond

if you feel you might trade up or upgrade then be sure to note a companies policy for that

the feedback you've received, is based on applied life experiences, its quite valuable.

i wish you lots of fun on your diamond ring journey!

and most importantly, CONGRATULATIONS!!! may you enjoy a wonderful life together!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s the largest of anyone I know and I feel a little self conscious wearing it. I’m hoping that feeling will go away.

Just find the right song to stick in your head and rock that rock !
Who cares if its biggest or smallest- its yours !

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

not too big, enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I totally understand your feeling. I got engaged with a 1 ct diamond long ago, and at the time, it was larger than average. Most of my sisters and friends have a similar size and have never upgraded. So when I got a 1.6 ct for an anniversary, it took me awhile to not feel self-conscious around them. Then it changed to 2.3 cts and again, I had to adjust. But the second time, no one really noticed because they thought the last one looked big!

So basically, I know how you feel, and you may get some initial comments about it being huge, but over time they'll not notice or care anymore. If you love it, enjoy it and be thankful to start out with a size ring most of us consider a goal for a later anniversary upgrade! You'll have a forever size stone at the start of your marriage! It's gorgeous and looks perfect on your hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results