shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond band too small for 2.03 RBC?

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
beautiful!!! :kiss2:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s too thin for the band you are pairing it with.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Your opinion is the only opinion that counts and you need to be totally satisfied with your purchase.
If you think the eternity band is too thin or if you're concerned about durability issues, return it and explore other options.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your opinion is the only opinion that counts and you need to be totally satisfied with your purchase.
If you think the eternity band is too thin or if you're concerned about durability issues, return it and explore other options.

Thanks! After seeing it with my diamond for a day, I have decided that it is not high enough to fit well with my ering. I am returning it and exploring other bands.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I think that's the right decision! It's a beautiful band but I would go with something larger, perhaps matching the width and height of your beautiful ering.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think that's the right decision! It's a beautiful band but I would go with something larger, perhaps matching the width and height of your beautiful ering.

Thanks!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I meant to add, when I wear my diamond band with the knife edge band and the e-ring, it
seems to balance out the look.
AFE225C7-A097-458B-A63A-103473E97A23.jpeg

By itself, I believe the metro band is too thin, but with the knife edge, it looks perfect! Also, it makes your diamond look bigger with the plain metal band separating the two. :)

EDIT: Oops! I just realized this isn't the OP's set... but I still believe this combo is really complimentary. :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with those who said it would look better if it were the same height and a little thicker. However, I love the look of @Petalouda's set... I do a similar version with mixed metals

Setting (knife edge) and plain metal band (tri-wire) in platinum and diamond stacker is plated with black rhodium. They are also very close in height, so it works.

Attachments

• Zina_Antiqued_Eternity_Platinum_Stack.jpg
    Zina_Antiqued_Eternity_Platinum_Stack.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 28

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree with those who said it would look better if it were the same height and a little thicker. However, I love the look of @Petalouda's set... I do a similar version with mixed metals

Setting (knife edge) and plain metal band (tri-wire) in platinum and diamond stacker is plated with black rhodium. They are also very close in height, so it works.

I love that look. The spacer band does balance it out. Thanks for sharing!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
ClassicSAC I also thought you should give the Soleste a try. I took a pic of my metro and Soleste together to show the difference. 22880DCC-BD5D-446C-9FFA-25F13251C291.jpeg

Thanks! Very helpful and the Soleste is definitely higher and thicker.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Band update....I ordered two Tiffany plain platinum bands, 2mm and 3 mm, just to see the look with my ring. Also, I discovered the Metro band I ordered was half a size too small. I find Tiffany’s sizing to be on the small side in regards to their thinner styles. I think my next order will be the channel set band, 2.5 mm. Attached are photos of the plain bands for reference. FYI, I have short fingers, size 5.5. Your opinions would be helpful! Both bands feel like butter on my fingers.
DA109D76-56A5-4559-B61B-66337E8611C6.jpeg 8CA4283D-2E5D-449C-8142-559C2FC05A1A.jpeg 68C5ECDB-D382-4AC1-BF2F-36905E27693C.jpeg 383AC314-43EF-4854-8BB6-915EF756768B.jpeg

dmack

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous diamond! I like the width of the smaller ring but the height off the finger of the wider ring matches the e-ring perfectly. The 2.5mm channel might be a perfect compromise!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond! I like the width of the smaller ring but the height off the finger of the wider ring matches the e-ring perfectly. The 2.5mm channel might be a perfect compromise!

Thanks! That’s what I am thinking. If I wanted to go with a plain band, Cartier’s 1895 band is 2.5 mm and would be the perfect width. I am unsure of the height though.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
The Chanel will be nice and smooth, I would vote for that one over the soleste! I do like the 2mm band as well! Fun !!!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The Chanel will be nice and smooth, I would vote for that one over the soleste! I do like the 2mm band as well! Fun !!!

Thanks! We will see what I end up with but I can promise you that it will have a little bling!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Exactly this. The same width and height. I may be hyper sensitive to this. My eye immediately notices this particular lack of symmetry. And nothing works for me unless the height and width are the same. I've sent my ering back to the vendor that made it so he could make a band in the exact same width and height. Anal, I know. (Not the one in my avatar. The width and height of the shoulders on my ering are hard to match, as the shank is another height and width. It STILL bugs me and I've had this for 2 years now. Ongoing internal struggle...) That's why you have to try them on yourself if you aren't going custom.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Exactly this. The same width and height. I may be hyper sensitive to this. My eye immediately notices this particular lack of symmetry. And nothing works for me unless the height and width are the same. I've sent my ering back to the vendor that made it so he could make a band in the exact same width and height. Anal, I know. (Not the one in my avatar. The width and height of the shoulders on my ering are hard to match, as the shank is another height and width. It STILL bugs me and I've had this for 2 years now. Ongoing internal struggle...) That's why you have to try them on yourself if you aren't going custom.

I am with you on this. I would of done the same thing if mine was custom! I have another band arriving tomorrow that should be close to the same width as my ering. I will post photos when it arrives. The mm width is 2.2.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It is 3 mm wide and is full eternity. I had never seen one that I really liked either - until this one. The diamonds are more prominent due to the thinner edges of metal on the sides of the ring. I have had the Tiffany Etoile, the Tiffany Bezet and now this channel set band. Their work is so refined on their bands and I have loved them all. It may not be your jam either but it may be something to think about.

Here is my latest band to test with my solitaire. The Tiffany Embrace!

I forgot to mention that my ering is too tight and I need to have it sized up 1/4 size. The band is a size 6 and my ering is currently a size 5.5. Does the width of this band look better?
image.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The width looks better and it flows more. I am personally not picky about different heights, but do heights of the bands appear more symmetrical this time?

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The width looks better and it flows more. I am personally not picky about different heights, but do heights of the bands appear more symmetrical this time?

Yes!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the Embrace with your ring! Is is full eternity and what width is it? Course you know that you might need a spacer with it so that the diamonds on the Embrace don't eat into your prongs.

I think it is a beautiful classic look - how much wider is the next size up? *Ducks*! LOL!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I really like the Embrace with your ring! Is is full eternity and what width is it? Course you know that you might need a spacer with it so that the diamonds on the Embrace don't eat into your prongs.

I think it is a beautiful classic look - how much wider is the next size up? *Ducks*! LOL!

The width on the Embrace is 2.2 mm and yes it is a full eternity. My rings tend to spin so I wanted the full one. The next size up is a 3.0 mm. The total carat weight of mine is .85. FYI, to top it off, I purchased it half price from a vendor who only sells pre-loved T & Co. diamond jewelry. I have used him in the past and he is great to work with. He had the original receipt from late 2019 and the ring had never been worn. I have a larger eternity band, not from Tiffany's, that I can also wear when I want more bling. This smaller version is perfect for everyday wear.

Thanks everyone for assisting me with my selection!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
I’m into it!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The width on the Embrace is 2.2 mm and yes it is a full eternity. My rings tend to spin so I wanted the full one. The next size up is a 3.0 mm. The total carat weight of mine is .85. FYI, to top it off, I purchased it half price from a vendor who only sells pre-loved T & Co. diamond jewelry. I have used him in the past and he is great to work with. He had the original receipt from late 2019 and the ring had never been worn. I have a larger eternity band, not from Tiffany's, that I can also wear when I want more bling. This smaller version is perfect for everyday wear.

Thanks everyone for assisting me with my selection!

What a fabulous buy! It really does look great with your ring - so glad you finally found the right one!!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a fabulous buy! It really does look great with your ring - so glad you finally found the right one!!

Thanks! I wanted to love the channel set but the shared prong is my favorite!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I wanted to love the channel set but the shared prong is my favorite!

That's what it is all about - finding something that you love that works! So happy you are happy!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my latest band to test with my solitaire. The Tiffany Embrace!

I forgot to mention that my ering is too tight and I need to have it sized up 1/4 size. The band is a size 6 and my ering is currently a size 5.5. Does the width of this band look better?
image.jpg

I like the look of this one much better! Sounds like our fingers are about the same size. I'm a 5.5-5.75 at the base, but have large knuckles and swell easily, so I size up to 6 for eternity bands and my e-ring is sized at 5.75. Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results