shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this diamond band too small for 2.03 RBC?

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a 2.03 carat solitaire in a six prong, classic knife edge platinum setting. I just purchased a Tiffany & Co. Metro eternity band. Since I want my diamond to pop, I don’t want a wide band and I tried the plain knife edge matching band and I just didn’t like it. Any opinions would be appreciated! The sun is not out here so I can’t get a good photo of the stone. It scored 1.6 on HCA calculator and does have a lot of fire.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

bananabrains

Rough_Rock
Very pretty together! And the band is sweet, and would look amazing on its own!

Volute

Rough_Rock
Not too small for the diamond at all, but possibly for the setting it’s in. It’s very pretty, however!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I like the look of a thin diamond band:
tres chic!!!
You feel it' s too thin, you can add a plain band.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s too thin.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful, it does everything you want the eternity band to do, be a understated and elegant accompaniment to your stunning solitaire. It lets the solitaire shine.

P

Petalouda

I also worry it’s a little too thin for your e-ring. I have the Tiffany setting and bought a band similar to this a couple years back thinking the same thing but it’s underwhelming. I don’t know why but I find thicker bands to pair well with knife edge rings but it’s also hard to tell from pics. If you love the look that’s all that matters!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks very pretty! It is thin and I love the look but it doesn't have a lot of height from the finger to the top of the band. I think that is what can make it sometimes look a little underwhelming.

However, I will share with you that when I was looking for a thin wedding band, I tried the Metro band on at Tiffany. I was advised that it wasn't a heavy band and maybe not suitable for everyday wear. I ended up going with their 3mm channel set band (see it in my avatar). It is more substantial and I've worn it everyday for nine years now. Not trying to change your mind or steer you away but did feel that I should share that with you what the Tiffany associate told me. I did not buy the Metro band so have no first hand experience with wearing it over time. Since then, they have come out with their Embrace band which is very pretty too. However, I think most people wear a spacer with it so the girdles of those diamonds won't eat into the setting.

Wedding bands can be very tricky in terms of finding the right one - harder than people think. If this band ticks all your boxes though and you love the look, wear it and enjoy it!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I meant to add, when I wear my diamond band with the knife edge band and the e-ring, it seems to balance out the look. AFE225C7-A097-458B-A63A-103473E97A23.jpeg

That combination looks great together! What size is your eternity band?

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It looks very pretty! It is thin and I love the look but it doesn't have a lot of height from the finger to the top of the band. I think that is what can make it sometimes look a little underwhelming.

However, I will share with you that when I was looking for a thin wedding band, I tried the Metro band on at Tiffany. I was advised that it wasn't a heavy band and maybe not suitable for everyday wear. I ended up going with their 3mm channel set band (see it in my avatar). It is more substantial and I've worn it everyday for nine years now. Not trying to change your mind or steer you away but did feel that I should share that with you what the Tiffany associate told me. I did not buy the Metro band so have no first hand experience with wearing it over time. Since then, they have come out with their Embrace band which is very pretty too. However, I think most people wear a spacer with it so the girdles of those diamonds won't eat into the setting.

Wedding bands can be very tricky in terms of finding the right one - harder than people think. If this band ticks all your boxes though and you love the look, wear it and enjoy it!

Thanks for the information! I have a large eternity band, 2 3/4 total carats that is much thicker and wider and if I wear it with my solitaire, it detracts from the stone. My other option would be a narrow channel set band. I tried the Embrace but I don’t want to deal with the prongs rubbing down. I want something comfortable that I can wear everyday and not worry about.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To my eye it does look too small. Your (beautiful!) ering is one of presence, and the eternity is dainty. Instead of being balanced and complimenting your ering, I find it a little distracting as my eye is drawn to the lack of balance.

If you added another ring to make it a stack I think it would look good. If you only wish to wear your ering with one band, I think just going a tad wider would make all the difference. It would not be overwhelming at all, just more balanced and complimentary.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the information! I have a large eternity band, 2 3/4 total carats that is much thicker and wider and if I wear it with my solitaire, it detracts from the stone. My other option would be a narrow channel set band. I tried the Embrace but I don’t want to deal with the prongs rubbing down. I want something comfortable that I can wear everyday and not worry about.

I so get it - just so dang hard to find the right width, the right height and the right look all in one ring. I never thought of myself as a channel set girl. However, the Tiffany channel set band was just so well done with very thin channels on each side with diamonds perfectly set with no space between. I tried it on with my ring and instantly knew it was the one. No one was more surprised than me! It is comfortable and I have worn it alone. I don't mean to sound like a walking billboard for the ring but it really did work perfectly for me. I had tried on every band in every jewelry store I came to trying to find one that I really loved so I understand one being too big, one being too small and needing to find the one that was just right - lol!

P

Petalouda

That combination looks great together! What size is your eternity band?

It’s 1.85mm and my solitaire is 1.37 carats. It’s a halfway eternity and it’s been very sturdy. Looks great on its own.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OP I love the metro, but it is a thin band. You might wear it just fine, but it might be a bit delicate for everyday wear. Have you tried the Soleste? I have 2 actually and love, love them. Gorgeous ring and band nonetheless!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely perfect! I am drooling over the proportions; I love love LOVE a thin band to make your ER diamond pop! Classic and sophisticated.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfect.
If you don't want a solitaire for some days, or want to add to your set, you might add a plain gold or platinum band, for fun, but you certainly don't have to.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I don’t know the width of the metro or your e-ring setting, but I think it‘s a bit too thin and looks more like a spacer. I prefer the look when they are the same width or the band wider than the e-ring setting.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I so get it - just so dang hard to find the right width, the right height and the right look all in one ring. I never thought of myself as a channel set girl. However, the Tiffany channel set band was just so well done with very thin channels on each side with diamonds perfectly set with no space between. I tried it on with my ring and instantly knew it was the one. No one was more surprised than me! It is comfortable and I have worn it alone. I don't mean to sound like a walking billboard for the ring but it really did work perfectly for me. I had tried on every band in every jewelry store I came to trying to find one that I really loved so I understand one being too big, one being too small and needing to find the one that was just right - lol!

You are so right about it being hard to find the right band! I am not a fan of the channel set bands but I think I should order it and give it a try. What mm width is yours? Is it a half or full eternity? It looks stunning with your three stone ring!

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I don’t know the width of the metro or your e-ring setting, but I think it‘s a bit too thin and looks more like a spacer. I prefer the look when they are the same width or the band wider than the e-ring setting.

I love your set! Thanks for your advice.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OP I love the metro, but it is a thin band. You might wear it just fine, but it might be a bit delicate for everyday wear. Have you tried the Soleste? I have 2 actually and love, love them. Gorgeous ring and band nonetheless!

I do love the Soleste! I tried that one on back in January. Do you wear one on each side of your ering?

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It’s 1.85mm and my solitaire is 1.37 carats. It’s a halfway eternity and it’s been very sturdy. Looks great on its own.

Your set is stunning! Looks great on you.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a gorgeous set, but perhaps it would look more balanced if the band were the same width as your knife-edge.

ClassicSAC

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You have a gorgeous set, but perhaps it would look more balanced if the band were the same width as your knife-edge.

As much as I love this band, I think everyone is right. I need to look for a thicker band. Thanks!

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock

I would also recommend the Soleste. Still thin, but has more height than the metro which is what I think you need.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so right about it being hard to find the right band! I am not a fan of the channel set bands but I think I should order it and give it a try. What mm width is yours? Is it a half or full eternity? It looks stunning with your three stone ring!

It is 3 mm wide and is full eternity. I had never seen one that I really liked either - until this one. The diamonds are more prominent due to the thinner edges of metal on the sides of the ring. I have had the Tiffany Etoile, the Tiffany Bezet and now this channel set band. Their work is so refined on their bands and I have loved them all. It may not be your jam either but it may be something to think about.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results