shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a fair price? (Idealscope included)

balasuk

Rough_Rock
This forum has been extremely helpful. Thank you everybody.
I have placed the order and would like validation that I am paying a fair price. ($5,210) before I make the payment. Please share your opinion.

SHAPE: Round
CARAT WEIGHT: 1.00
COLOR: I
CLARITY: VS2
CUT: Excellent
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Excellent
FLUORESCENCE: Strong
L/W/D (MM): 6.40*6.35*3.97

L/W RATIO: 1.01
DEPTH %: 62.30
GIRDLE: Medium - Slightly Thick
TABLE %: 56.00
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA
CROWN ∠: 35.50
CROWN %: 15.50
PAVILION ∠: 40.60

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.00-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1796424
1796424.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I checked one other site that usually has lower prices than JA but their equivalent stones were in the $6K range. I think the
"Strong Blue" is helping the price of this stone. I think it's a good price and a good find.

The only cheaper ones I can find on JA are IGIs (so who knows how they compare) or are more 60/60 stones.

balasuk

Rough_Rock
After making the purchase, how do I check the effect of fluorescence and the quality of the stone?

Thanks.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
balasuk|1466868237|4048202 said:
After making the purchase, how do I check the effect of fluorescence and the quality of the stone?

Thanks.

To check the effect of the fluorescence take the stone outside into the bright sunlight. If it turns "oily" or appears to have an unpleasant murkiness to it, send it back. If it turns a nice soft powdery blue color that enhances the beauty of the diamond, then the effect of the fluorescence is not negative to the appearance of the diamond. It has currently, and probably always will have a strong negative to the market value of the diamond as fluorescence is is strong disfavor in the market place.

I personally love a stone that has a positive powdery blue appearance out of doors on a sunny day, but I always like to inform my clients that it comes with a huge warning sign as to market value.

Before the diamond investment craze back in the late 70's there was actually a premium charged for strong blue fluorescence that had a pleasant effect on the appearance in strong sunlight. I keep hoping those days will return, but I do not expect them to.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results