shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this a decent diamond for the price?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My girlfriend wants a classic 6-prong ring, I want it in platinum. The only one that looks decent at JA is this one: https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...ife-edged-solitaire-engagement-ring-item-2426
There's a 30% discount at JA making the setting only $1001.

But she also thinks the cheaper (sub-$1000) regular classic 6-prong settings at blue nile and brilliant earth are good too.

Adiamor only has: https://www.adiamor.com/Engagement-...dge-Solitaire-For-Round-Diamond/Platinum/1424

Does Adiamor offer any discounts?

This is $1125 in platinum with 6 prongs (you'll need to select the option for 6 prongs). There are several members who have this exact solitaire and are happy with it.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
My girlfriend wants a classic 6-prong ring, I want it in platinum. The only one that looks decent at JA is this one: https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...ife-edged-solitaire-engagement-ring-item-2426
There's a 30% discount at JA making the setting only $1001.

But she also thinks the cheaper (sub-$1000) regular classic 6-prong settings at blue nile and brilliant earth are good too.

Adiamor only has: https://www.adiamor.com/Engagement-...dge-Solitaire-For-Round-Diamond/Platinum/1424

Does Adiamor offer any discounts?

If you go through the settings on Adiamor, then some you give you a selection between 4 and 6 prongs:

Screenshot_20230105-195017-470.png

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
Oh, you guys are such great help!! thank you!! really really appreciate it!!

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
For what it's worth, the JA and both Adiamor settings you linked are (in my opinion) all much prettier than either of the BE and BN ones you linked. You'll have good options with Adiamor. Good luck with the purchase!

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
Thanks all! It's done!

with

6-prong

Wish me luck!

Cancelled JA order with ease. Adiamor's website seems less refined though, with various clunkiness and a shorter engraving text length, they also charge $30 for engraving. Maybe because they are a smaller player located in CA? But overall, as long as the stone is good and authentic, then I am happy.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all! It's done!

with

6-prong

Wish me luck!

Cancelled JA order with ease. Adiamor's website seems less refined though, with various clunkiness and a shorter engraving text length, they also charge $30 for engraving. Maybe because they are a smaller player located in CA? But overall, as long as the stone is good and authentic, then I am happy.

Wonderful! Good luck with the proposal, and please come back to share pics!

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
Thanks!! A couple follow on questions as part of my education on this topic, if I may?

Do Adiamor.com images/videos tend to be lower quality? I checked the images of their affinity cut diamonds and the majority of them did not show a good arrows pattern? almost as if their camera or light source was out of alignment relative to the stone.

Also, what about ASET and IdealScope images? Should I request them (can I still do that after purchase / does Adiamor offer these images) to confirm quality? Is this step necessary?

Last edited:

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks!! A couple follow on questions as part of my education on this topic, if I may?

Do Adiamor.com images/videos tend to be lower quality? I checked the images of their affinity cut diamonds and the majority of them did not show a good arrows pattern? almost as if their camera or light source was out of alignment relative to the stone.

Also, what about ASET and IdealScope images? Should I request them (can I still do that after purchase / does Adiamor offer these images) to confirm quality? Is this step necessary?

Adiamor’s “ Affinity” cut is a marketing tool, just like Blue Nile’s “Astor” and James Allen’s “True Hearts”. They are labels assigned by the retailers to identify what they consider their finest cut diamonds. However, the specifications they use to determine what qualifies for those labels is unknown, varies amongst the retailers and does not necessarily meet PS recommended proportions or the proportions and quality of branded “Super Ideals”, which is the label assigned by retailers like Whiteflash, Brian Gavin, etc. Adiamor may be able to provide you with advanced images of the diamond (hearts and arrows, IS, ASET) if they are available, so it’s worth asking.

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
Thanks Kaycee! I asked Adiamor, they don't have the advanced images readily available. I asked if new images could be taken, they said they'd get back to me. I will report back.

But am I the only one who noticed Adiamor's diamond images aren't as good as their competitors'? the light source seems off, sometimes you can even see reflections of people?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely wonderful looking images. Good luck with your proposal!

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
Excellent, thanks all!! you've been wonderful!!

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I just received the diamond ring today, but I am perplexed. Am I supposed to be able to see the arrows pattern under a warm color LED light bulb? I ran out of day light today, and was only able to use an LED lamp and my cell phone's flashlight. I was only able to see some fire and scintillation with my cell phone's flashlight, and saw mostly nothing under an LED light bulb. I did not see any discernible arrows pattern at close up or at arm's length (any further it'd be too small), the reflected light just seemed chaotic without any pattern.

I am now wondering if I need special lighting to see the arrows?

Also, I did not see any laser inscription with my naked eyes on the diamond, how can I verify that I received what I bought?

I would upload pix, but I couldn't take a good macro shot with my cellphone, so that didn't help.

Thanks!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, I just received the diamond ring today, but I am perplexed. Am I supposed to be able to see the arrows pattern under a warm color LED light bulb? I ran out of day light today, and was only able to use an LED lamp and my cell phone's flashlight. I was only able to see some fire and scintillation with my cell phone's flashlight, and saw mostly nothing under an LED light bulb. I did not see any discernible arrows pattern at close up or at arm's length (any further it'd be too small), the reflected light just seemed chaotic without any pattern.

I am now wondering if I need special lighting to see the arrows?

Also, I did not see any laser inscription with my naked eyes on the diamond, how can I verify that I received what I bought?

I would upload pix, but I couldn't take a good macro shot with my cellphone, so that didn't help.

Thanks!

It can be difficult to see the arrows without natural light. I've found one of the easiest ways is to put the diamond facing you on a windowsill, with indirect light coming in the window.

To see the laser inscription, you'll need a good loupe or a microscope.

Let us know how it goes!

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
It can be difficult to see the arrows without natural light. I've found one of the easiest ways is to put the diamond facing you on a windowsill, with indirect light coming in the window.

To see the laser inscription, you'll need a good loupe or a microscope.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks! I will try again in day light using your method. How come on youtube, other people's arrows are so visible? such as in this video, is it because it's a bigger/better diamond?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I will try again in day light using your method. How come on youtube, other people's arrows are so visible? such as in this video, is it because it's a bigger/better diamond?

All the lighting in that video is very bright. Your diamond is very well cut and has very prominent arrows. I wouldn't worry at all that you can't see the arrows with only indoor lighting.

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
All the lighting in that video is very bright. Your diamond is very well cut and has very prominent arrows. I wouldn't worry at all that you can't see the arrows with only indoor lighting.

I saw the arrows! maybe the youtube videos just misled me on how visible they should be. I held my cellphone flashlight to the side of my face, and moved the diamond around in front of my eyes, with one eye closed, the arrows appeared when the light intensity and angle were just right, too dark or too bright and they would disappear. But they were just darker colored arrows though, without any fire or scintillation like those shown on Youtube. Maybe I need better light vs angle for them to show rainbow fire?

I also ordered a loupe to hunt for that elusive inscription. All in all, learning a lot, thanks a bunch!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw the arrows! maybe the youtube videos just misled me on how visible they should be. I held my cellphone flashlight to the side of my face, and moved the diamond around in front of my eyes, with one eye closed, the arrows appeared when the light intensity and angle were just right, too dark or too bright and they would disappear. But they were just darker colored arrows though, without any fire or scintillation like those shown on Youtube. Maybe I need better light vs angle for them to show rainbow fire?

I also ordered a loupe to hunt for that elusive inscription. All in all, learning a lot, thanks a bunch!

Glad you were able to see the arrows! Do you have any spotlights in your house? Or those LED light strips? Or if it's a sunny day where you are, you can easily see colored light return under a broad leafy tree.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock

I couldn't see the inscription on mine even with a loupe (*note: I'm old so my eyes suck). Not sure if you have one near you or even feel comfortable doing it, but I called a local jared and told them i bought a loose diamond elsewhere but asked if they could show me the inscription and they said no problem to come down. They had the microscope with a TV screen and showed me the inscription. Not sure if every store would be that nice, but it could be an option. Also if you plan on getting an appraisal whoever appraises it would confirm the inscription.

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
I couldn't see the inscription on mine even with a loupe (*note: I'm old so my eyes suck). Not sure if you have one near you or even feel comfortable doing it, but I called a local jared and told them i bought a loose diamond elsewhere but asked if they could show me the inscription and they said no problem to come down. They had the microscope with a TV screen and showed me the inscription. Not sure if every store would be that nice, but it could be an option. Also if you plan on getting an appraisal whoever appraises it would confirm the inscription.

That will be my last resort, I will try the loupe first. I was able to take some images showing the arrows today, and I tried to compare the arrow shapes and pattern against the web and ASET/IS images, they seemed to be a 90% match (hard to get the angle just right).

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
Glad you were able to see the arrows! Do you have any spotlights in your house? Or those LED light strips? Or if it's a sunny day where you are, you can easily see colored light return under a broad leafy tree.

Finally some success today with my cellphone at x7 zoom! What I've found is that the naked eye sees the arrows in a different/faint color that blends in with the color of the diamond, while the camera sees the arrows in black. I guess it's due to the human eye having a much bigger dynamic range. I was misled by the Youtube videos.

Below are images I took today (it doesn't look like this to my eyes though, but comes out ok in pictures lol):
combined.PNG

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally some success today with my cellphone at x7 zoom! What I've found is that the naked eye sees the arrows in a different/faint color that blends in with the color of the diamond, while the camera sees the arrows in black. I guess it's due to the human eye having a much bigger dynamic range. I was misled by the Youtube videos.

Below are images I took today (it doesn't look like this to my eyes though, but comes out ok in pictures lol):
combined.PNG

These are fantastic photos! It's such a beautiful diamond. Is your phone black? The arrows are likely reflecting the phone or lens color.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
These are fantastic photos! It's such a beautiful diamond. Is your phone black? The arrows are likely reflecting the phone or lens color.

Definitely something orange in front of this beauty of a diamond:

Screenshot_20230127-172133-267.png

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock

Oh! Is that why the arrows look like skin color when I look at it and look black when the phone looks at it? lol that makes perfect sense. My phone case is indeed black.

Definitely something orange in front of this beauty of a diamond:
That's the orange closet behind me, it reveals that much huh lol

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
Again, I sincerely thank all of you for finding this diamond (tyty333) and providing the excellent guidance (Kim N, DejaWiz, lovedogs, JSG2185, Kaycee2018, emmy12, ringo865, Inked) along the way!!!

I will report back again when I find the inscription, hopefully not blocked by the prongs!

DiamonQ

Rough_Rock
I received this loupe today and saw the inscription thru all 3 lenses, confirmed its the same number on the GIA certificate!! The inscription is in the center between two of the side prongs. The diamond is oriented nicely relative to the prongs.
asdfasf.jpeg

Ken Naw

Rough_Rock
I received this loupe today and saw the inscription thru all 3 lenses, confirmed its the same number on the GIA certificate!! The inscription is in the center between two of the side prongs. The diamond is oriented nicely relative to the prongs.
asdfasf.jpeg

What brand is this inspection lens? Looks useful with it's zoom levels. In use are the optics clear, and does it wobble a bit at the high magnifications due to it amplifying hand movements?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results