shape
carat
color
clarity

Is there an issue with HCA tool?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Garry H (Cut Nut) @psadmin Not sure if this is related to the recent forum update, but I was just randomly browsing diamonds and popping them in the HCA tool, and I think there may be an issue/defect. :confused:

Note the report # noted on the HCA result (in diamond stats section) is correct, but the specs are not (this was an ‘auto-fill’ entry vs. me plugging the numbers in). I can only assume the HCA result is also not correct.

Here is the example I popped in by GIA report #:
8E7E0315-9BC3-4075-88FE-86FB6560A67D.jpeg

And here is the result I got:
7E0CBC25-3568-45B2-90E9-FEF81E58100E.jpeg

Reactions: AV_

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I put in the GIA # and it is saying "Data unavailable for GIA/AGS report #.
Please fill out the below parameters" But plugging in the specs seem correct with a 0.8 Score

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s weird. I entered the GIA #, didn’t have to enter any specs, and that’s the result I got.

Now that I’m trying it again, I’m getting the “enter the numbers” message.

Reactions: AV_

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure what is going on, or if it’s an issue on my end. My iPad iOS did update today, but nothing else is acting screwy.

The HCA is the only thing ... the weird result when I entered the GIA #, others I enter are just spinning like its searching, etc. I even tried rebooting my device as well as new tabs. It seems like it’s hit or miss, but don’t recall it ever ‘missing’ this much, even with several successive attempts in a short time span.

:confused: Anyone else experiencing issues?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results