shape
carat
color
clarity

Is the majority of your jewelry white gold, yellow gold, rose gold, platinum, or other?

Is the majority of your jewelry white gold, yellow gold, rose gold, platinum, or other?

• Total voters

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear white metals, the more valuable pieces are in platinum, otherwise white gold in 14K or 18K, with the odd 10K.

DK :))

Mekp

Shiny_Rock
I don't like white gold* and it doesn't look great with my skin tone. I own almost all yellow gold with a bit of rose gold thrown in.

(* I would be interested in seeing unplated white gold in person as I do like it in pictures)

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of my jewelry collection, I would estimate it is 1/3 Platinum, 1/3 Gold (running the gamut from 9kt - 22kt, yellow / white / rose), and 1/3 Silver (sterling and argentium).

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
It used to be all white gold, now I have some in rose gold. Very few in yellow, mainly antique ones. Yellow does not flatter my skin tone.

Primarily white gold, followed closely by yellow gold. I do have some rose gold pieces, but RG is a difficult color for me - I love how soft and pretty it looks but it tends to blend into my skin and doesn’t provide enough of a visual contrast! So I only own a couple pieces and I don’t see myself buying others.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Most of mine is 14k yellow, and I've recently acquired some rose gold. I do have some white metals, but they don't look the best on my skin - the warm metals look much better. Some of my favorite rings are in white gold, though, so I still wear them, usually paired with another ring in yellow or rose.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Most of my jewellery is silver to be honest, followed by yellow gold, bit of white and 1 palladium piece. Primarily based on what I can afford, but no rose gold, love it but looks dreadful on me.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Mostly white gold and platinum and some silver. I have recently been wearing yellow again and have a few rose gold pieces which look better now that my hair is natural silver/grey than when it was brown. I will likely be adding in a little more rose gold.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted yellow gold, but a lot of my jewelry is high karat gold. Some of my jewelry is 14K yellow gold; some is platinum. I have some Elsa Peretti mesh sterling silver and also some Georg Jensen sterling I inherited from mother. But I buy mainly 18K gold; and 21K, 22K and 24K gold jewelry. I used to hate the look of it when I was younger. I thought it looked brassy and cheap. In recent years I have grown to love it and have many nice pieces designed by people with middle eastern backgrounds like Gurhan and Yossi Harari.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I dont have any pieces in white gold.
I have only two in platinum.
Half is rose gold & half yellow.

Im extremely fair (pale skin) but I have a very yellow undertone to my pale skin so warm metals sing on me!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of my stuff is rose gold, but my studs, tennis bracelet and shared prong eternity are all white gold, as I'm not crazy about coloured metal claws/prongs with diamonds.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I have about equal parts yellow and white gold, and a lot of silver I don't wear anymore. My only platinum are my ER/WB set. I want some rose gold but I don't really need anything. Not that that's ever stopped me.... :???:

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Most of my rings are platinum. I have some white and yellow gold. I prefer platinum over white gold generally. I have some antique rose toned gold, but no true rose gold as most think of it.

I don't mind earrings in white gold for weight though.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 3 most expensive rings are in platinum, my bezel studs and slider pendant, also in plat, various diamond bands in w/g, diamond bracelet and diamond heart is 18K w/g, tanzanites in 18K yellow gold, and various other pieces in y/g, although these days I wear mainly white metals.

Forgot about my Colombian emerald, also in 18K w/g and my rainbow sapphires in 14k w/g

Last edited:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am old so most of my jewerly I have had for some time and its either 14K or 18K yellow gold..my newer right hand pieces are 14K white gold and I have one 14K rose gold ring

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
99% yellow gold because it suits me, no silver, 1 pr earrings set in platinum I inheritEd for my wedding from my deceased mother. I never wear them because I don’t care for platinum or pearls. 1 or earrings/ necklace in rose gold.1 eternity ring I was going to sell in white gold I got for a steal on Black Friday but no one was interested.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Many yellow gold because i like that the best
Some white gold
I wish i had rose gold for every finger and thumb !

I don't like to wear different metals or any more than 4 karat weight differences together or on the neighbouring finger

to be honest i wish i also had more silver

voce

Ideal_Rock
It's either white gold or rose gold here. I just like the contrast that white gold provides for a lot of my colored stones. My handful of really important custom rings are done in platinum. I've been getting a lot of rings made in rose gold this year, so I need to do a full count one of these days. Rose gold is giving white gold a run for its money in my jewelry box!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve got a mix. I prefer the look of white metals in general but have ended up with a fair bit of yellow. Need a little more rose gold in my life. :)

ThiaChelf

Shiny_Rock
A mix. Pieces I have from when I was younger are yellow gold. Now I prefer white gold with some rose gold thrown in for good measure.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Majority in white, mostly 18k WG, a couple in platinum.
I enjoy buying high karat heavy gold bangles (30g up) only to admire as I don’t wear them, lol.
Rose gold does look good on my skin but I haven’t started buying.......

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have it all. Different eras, different styles and different gems means a variety of metals for me.
Im not a fan of Platinum, I find it a bit grey toned.
I do love shiny silver but unfortunately it reacts with my skin and I turn it black (and my skin) very quickly.
I have to be careful with silver, I bought myself a cheap 925 silver ring with CZ to trial an eternity ring look (before committing to gold and diamonds) and wore it overnight. Next morning I had blisters under the ring. Not genuine 925 Silver but a nickel Based metal.
nasty.
I think blue sapphires and emeralds look better in white metal, whereas rubies and opals look much better in yellow gold. I love rose gold for proper antique pieces Ie fob chains and heart padlock bracelets. So for me it depends.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Vast majority yellow gold, I know it’s out of style but I love it! I have a few white gold and rose gold pieces. Nothing it platinum; I’ve been curious about it for a long time and keep meaning to get something platinum, but when it really comes down to it I choose yellow gold since I know I’ll love it.

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
Mostly white metals, majority in sterling or argentium silver. I love the price and the bright white color, which is very flattering on me. I also have some white gold pieces, but I am picky about about it (don't want plated, don't want something too yellowish), so I don't have a lot.

I like yellow gold, but have to be careful, because yellow doesn't like me. I have a 10k vintage ring that looks best because it is paler, and I doubt i could ever pull off a rich 22 or 24k gold color. I do have a pair of 14k matte-finished studs I really like – maybe it's in my head, but I feel the matte finishing makes gold look a touch less yellow-y? It seems more neutral, so more wearable.

I like pairing yellow and white jewelry together when the pieces are just metal (no stones).

No rose gold...there are so many different alloys, with different colors, some I like, some I don't, some seem unflattering, some maybe are. Basically, too many options, so for now, I avoid it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mainly white metals because I think it complements my complexion better than warmer metals. White gold for earrings (lighter than platinum) and platinum for rings and necklaces. However, I do own more yellow gold than I would have chosen for myself because my earrings are true antiques and as such there is a lot more yellow gold than if I had picked the metal myself. I prefer authentic antiques and as such take whatever the metal from which it is originally made.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mostly yellow coz it looks best on my pale skin tone (white makes me look washed out) but I'm attempting to branch out to other tones so I have a mix available!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Primarily white metals with a little rose thrown in. At least the stuff from my dad and husband are. My grandmother tended to buy me more yellow gold than anything else. Yellow really isn't something I love for most peices and it and it irritates my skin the most and the quickest of all the golds. We pretty much stick to platinum now so I can wear my things without rashes. My rose gold comes out for going out and that seems to keep my finger skin pretty happy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results