shape
carat
color
clarity

is ring resizing from 4 to 6.5-7 safe?

ccyk

Rough_Rock
Long story short, dumped by ex because I can't afford to buy a house in vancouver. Lucky in a sense I got dumped before I hand her the $20k e-ring lol.

Anyway, ring is in rose gold, size 4. Gave the ring to my mother as birthday gift, she never had a diamond ring before. Her size is 6.5-7, and wants to re-plate it with white gold.

Heard horror story about chipping, is ring resizing from 4 to 6.5-7 safe? what are my options?

Thanks.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
it depends on the setting. please post a picture.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. You can ask WF. But pave generally cannot be sized that much.

Unset the stone and sell the setting on the preloved board.

Get a different setting for mom.

How big (mm) is the diamond?

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about your broken engagement.

I agree with Gypsy's suggestion.

Are you sure you want to give something this expensive to your mom? She's very lucky. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, don't even think about it. If I considered sizing that ring at all, which I consider risky, a half size would be the max I'd consider. Sell the setting, as Gypsy said. I'd buy a setting locally to avoid sending off the diamond.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccyk|1472364025|4070803 said:
because I can't afford to buy a house in vancouver.
I feel your pain. Only mainland chinese can afford such thing these days.

ps. I am from Greater Vancouver. Note "greater"

ccyk

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the great responses, really appreciate the help.

Yes I want to give it to my mom. She deserves it.
I will get another setting for my mom for sure, plus she can get whatever style and metal she likes.

I may have difficulty to sell the old setting as I am in Canada. Anyone know a good way?

The picture on wf website is actually the ring I have, I bought it there. Size of stone is 7.26x7.29x4.49 1.453 ct G VS2

Thank you all

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
You could consign the old setting (someone else will know plaves; I'm not sure if Good Old Gold handles settings) .

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dont't consign. We have lots of Canadian members. Someone will love it for a colored stone. Just list it on diamond bistro and loupe troop. Cross bost on the preloved board here. List it as is, final sale. Make sure you mention the diameter of the current stone. Also take pictures of it with the stone unset.

List it at 65% of retail. That e max you will get for it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results