shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it worth the upgrade?

SCARLETTE

Shiny_Rock
Hi all,

I am contemplating an upgrade on a RB diamond and was wondering if it was worth it (if I would notice the size difference) going from 9.3 mm to 9.6-9.7 mm?

Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated!

edelweissmaedl

Shiny_Rock
I was told by VC that some people can noticed a size increase as small at .2 mm in diameter, but my personal aim would be to increase atlas .5 mm or more to make it worth it.....otherwise I think DSS will set in way too fast.

FightGravity

Shiny_Rock
Here's what a 9.3 and a 9.7 look like, side by side, on a 6.5. I can see the difference, but I don't think it would be worth it to me at that size.

_4778.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went from 8.75 to 9.15 and I thought I wouldn't really notice the difference but I totally did. Maybe it has to do with the cut. I went from MRB to OEC. The OEC looked quite big to me. But DSS set in and now it's normal.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think the average person pays enough attention to notice. I went from a 7.6mm to 8.4 and I have extended family members and friends who have no idea we upgraded again! But my stone is a lot bigger to me. I think that is a nice upgrade and worth it if the stone is exactly what you want and the price is right!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much is it and are the specs the same?

SCARLETTE

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for everyone's input. I have not found a specific diamond to upgrade yet - just the size increment. I currently have a 3 carat but looking to upgrade to 3.5 (but mostly everyone here thinks not worth it - and I agree) or 4 (which is 10 mm). I think a 4 carat is quite large for me so I will just stay with a 3 carat and perhaps re-do the setting.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 3 ct stone, too. You would be surprised how good a 4 ct looks. I would definitely do a 4 ct.... in a heartbeat and never look back.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went from a 8.7 mm to a 9.8 mm... I can tell a difference for sure. However, I noticed that I could barely tell a difference between my 8.7 and a 9.3 mm. In those sizes, it's really got to be at least a 0.7+ mm increase for me to notice.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SCARLETTE|1468608142|4055811 said:
Thanks so much for everyone's input. I have not found a specific diamond to upgrade yet - just the size increment. I currently have a 3 carat but looking to upgrade to 3.5 (but mostly everyone here thinks not worth it - and I agree) or 4 (which is 10 mm). I think a 4 carat is quite large for me so I will just stay with a 3 carat and perhaps re-do the setting.

Scarlette -

I went from a 9.25mm to a 9.78mm and they are very different looking. Can the average person - who in general just glances at your finger - notice? I wouldn't think so. Can I notice?? OH yeah!

I went from a 3.11, which just wasn't quite big enough for me, to a 3.61 - which is perfect. I have no desire to switch it out now and think I'll have it forever. I might reset for interest's sake, but I'll never switch out my gorgeous stone. It truly is my 'destination' stone.

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
I wish I had these problems :razz:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results