shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it OK if the photo of the diamond looks like this?

Dster

Rough_Rock
I have been doing a lot of reading and research on diamonds for my diamond purchase. One thing I am unsure of is how to interpret what the photo looks like. If you can see marks on the diamond like in the photos below would you still go ahead with purchasing the diamond if all the other parameters fit? ie the diamond had a good HCA score, the 4 c's are what you are after etc? The james allen are not of the actual diamonds I am tossing up between, they are just showing similar images to what I am looking at. The attachment is one I am thinking about.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.32-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-1006237

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.32-carat-i-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-1810451

This is the one I am considering. I am waiting to see if they can provide me with an Ideal Scope image or ASET image. It is 1.31ct, H, VS2, GIA EX, EX, EX, scores 1.4 HCA, it has a lot of clouds and crystals maked on the table in the GIA report. The price is $8310. Should I give it a miss and keep looking?

Thankyou for your advice.

131ct.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those two stones are very different from each other. They couldn't be MORE different really. One is an AGS0 Tolk style with great numbers, proportion and light return, the other is a 60/60 GIA 3Ex with iffy numbers and from the image, is not going to have great light return.

Please post Table, Depth, Crown and Pavilion angles for the ACTUAL stone you are considering. Also, what lab graded the stone.

Dster

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gypsy - The actual stone I am thinking about is the one pictured. It is GIA graded. Table 57%, depth 61.7%, crown 35.5, pavilion 40.6.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so 35.5 crown means there is risk of leakage and you need an idealscope image. That's all.

Dster

Rough_Rock
What do you think of these images of the diamond I am contemplating? I am very new at interpreting what I am seeing. Does the top image show that the top point is not quite right? and does the bottom image show that there are inclusions in the hearts? Should I keep looking? Thankyou very much

131ha_image.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a hearts & arrows image. You need an idealscope image to determine light performance. Or get the AGS0 stone to be assured.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first diamond is fine (the true hearts one). The second one I would eliminate. The cut is not attractive and it has a black inclusion right under the table.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results