shape
carat
color
clarity

Is it crazy if I buy another E-ring for myself ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
Dont get me wrong I love the one my fiance proposed with. thats why I dont want to upgrade it, But it would be fun to have another one in a different shape and size. Has anyone done this or am i the only crazy one?

pelicano

Rough_Rock
You are right this sounds unusual. But you could get a right hand ring that you choose, instead. Than every ring will get enough attention.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you are the only crazy one.

Just kidding...this is a diamond lovers board, so there''s plenty of "craziness" to go around.

I''d agree with a fab RHR though. And I would think it was less crazy if you had the budget to do it...i.e. no debts to pay off, saving for retirement already, etc.

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think that is crazy at all!

Right now, I have my e-ring (a 1.28 RB), a antique cut (not sure which) 2+ carat ring that was my great grandmothers, a 1+ carat RB from my grandmother (turning into a pendant), and a 5.5 carat RB
30.gif
that I got as a wedding gift from my husband''s grandfather (don''t wear it because the band is too loose)... I love all my rings! If I was older and could pull off the big ring, I would love to wear it more often- right now it just looks crazy on my finger (but I''m not complaining!)

Certainly do what makes you happy!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey, it might hurt your FI''s feelings if you substituted yours for his, but in terms of RHR''s I say GO FOR IT! When I broke off with the man I was "supposed to" get engaged to (dodged THAT bullet! phew!) I had been thinking about diamonds so much that I still wanted one. So I bought myself a diamond ring. And my first ever post at PS was ''Is it crazy for me to buy my own diamond!?!?'' Everyone convinced me that it was GREAT to buy yourself diamonds.... if you''re financially in a solid position. Since then I''ve bought my own diamond... my own blue sapphire with diamond melee... my own Tiffany bezel set garnet... and my own garnet with diamond halo and pave down the sides. I love them ALL! I wear them all. They make me happy.

I bought them for me. :)

And now I''m in love with a wonderful man who can''t afford to buy me a nice diamond. So what? A lady can buy her own jewelery if she wants it.

Go for it! Enjoy!
1.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s not crazy at all! And as long as your fiance won''t get his feelings hurt, I say wear it on the left ring finger, too, if you want to. I think it would be fun to have different rings to switch out.

I mean, we (women) buy ourselves everything else we want...why can''t we buy ourselves diamond rings, too?! To me it''s no different than an expensive pair of shoes or a handbag-if I want it, I''ll buy it for myself!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Crazy? Of course not! I would just be careful how you phrase the purchase. I would say how you''d love an additional ring to wear on your other hand as a RHR rather than suggest the current ring is inadequate in some way and you need a larger one.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s what RHRs are for, by all means!!! I mean, oopsie if it happens to find its way to your left hand once in awhile.
2.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think it sounds crazy at all! I would never want to upgrade the diamond that my DH picked out and proposed with, but I have taken turns between mine and my late MIL''s ring. My e ring is WG (reset my original stone) and my wedding band is YG...my MIL''s RB solitaire is YG so when I want to wear my wedding band I will wear it with that. My DH doesn''t seem to mind at all...it is his mothers ring afterall.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Nope it doesnt sound crazy at all.. If you want to buy another ering go ahead.. If your FI is understanding, he should know that it doesnt matter what ring you are wearing on your left hand.. The ring is just a symbol that you are engaged.. It shouldnt matter what ring you are wearing.. My husband once told me he doesnt mind even if I wore a cola ring on my left hand.. So long I am wearing something.. I even let my husband wear his Lord of the Ring yellow gold ring for his wedding band if he wishes too..
9.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s not crazy at all! I have a solitaire of every shape except a heart, a princess and a Royal Asscher.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is not crazy to want to own some different shapes etc. But, timing is everything and how you word your desires is another things too.

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
No, unless I'm crazy, too! I love my sq emerald, but am having a good time lookin for another stone, too. Call me Mrs. Rockefeller--lol--(not at all--did I even spell that right?) I'm only having more fun this time--looking at some lower colors, investigating SI clarity grades--less seems to ride on this purchase-KWIM?

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that idea Madam B.!! Prisescope is killingg me!! Only with my next stone purchase I''m going to enlist everyone''s help to make sure the cut is better than my sq emerald (I love "her" though!). You ladies make me so happy because I thought I was becoming some kind of aspiring diamond addict. OKAY mabey I AM a diamond addict in the presence of other diamond addicts (meant in the most affectionate way). Personally, I think my next purchase is going to be an oval. Asschers/sq emerald face up so small--I want something a little more obnoxious this go around.
25.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMO it is inconsiderate of you to buy yourself another "ering". Your fiance gave you what he could and replacing it might give him the wrong impression. Especially since you have already hinted at upgrading soon and/or changing your setting so early in your engagement.

If you really want an upgraded ering *I* would wait and do it for an anniversary present once you are married. That way there are no hurt feelings and you can still get your bling upgrade.

BUT I have NO QUALMS about you buying yourself a gorgeous RHR!!! I think that would be a fabulous idea if you can afford it.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s crazy once you''ve been married awhile. I don''t think it''s appropriate etiquette to do so during the engagement, unless you don''t like the diamond/ring he gave you, and that would require a frank discussion and a whole lot of tact. I think a RHR is a great solution to wanting more than one ring. JMO, though.

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think you are crazy. I have two e-rings because one of them is a large diamond that I don''t care to wear every day. My DH had acquired the stone before we even met, and when we got together, I told him that I would prefer to wear a smaller stone for every day. He didn''t flinch because he''s not very flashy himself. So I have two. One is a little over 4 carats, and the smaller ring is 1.21 carats. They are both round brilliants though, and the band is a simple platinum engraved band. I need to take more pics of my rings, but here''s the larger one. The cut on the larger stone is not as good as the cut on the smaller stone. I like being able to play dress up sometimes with a different ring.

437x375.aspx

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I love it :) When I was 18 and engaged I would have never thought of changing that little chip my hubby picked out for me....hehehehe but now girl I wear all sorts of erings. He can''t keep up :) He doesn''t mind a bit ...wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo been married 23 years.

Kohinoor

Rough_Rock
I say, go for it... but be discreet/tactful... Maybe it wear on your right hand at first from time to time. After a while he probably won''t care which hand you wear it on.
9.gif
LOL! You just don''t want to make it seem as if you''re showing up his ring. I''ve been married for almost five years and I''ve changed (and lost :< ) rings, changed settings - you name it.

I do think my husband might have been sad if i''d been really bold about my jewelry madness & started in right away.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results