shape
carat
color
clarity

Is anyone following the Chris Brown/Rihanna Case?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 1:09:33 PM
Author: tlh
Didn''t he have a gum add or something? I wonder if it gets pulled in the midst of this wake.

My heart goes out to anyone who is a victim of domestic violence. CBS I am sorry you had to endure this.
Yes he does. I saw the ad playing yesterday so they haven''t pulled it yet but they probably should.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
"He was a quiet man . . . . . . . ."

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
You just NEVER know what really happened. If I came at my DH with a gun and as a result he hit me then I would say fair play. Maybe she cam after him in a crazy rage...
33.gif
The fact that it is all very quiet with the publicists etc that there is a little more than meets the eye. Perhaps he is protecting her image by keeping his mouth shut about the whole ordeal.

I could be way off here, but I am not ready to drop the gauntlet just yet. Make sense?

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
this was the night before.... not exactly the body language of a woman that is threatened in anyway by this fellow.

chris-brownx-large.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wonder what's going to happen to *her* endorsements ... she's a Cover Girl! It will probably depend on whether she stays with him or not -- there's mixed info on whether she's cooperating with police or not. Even without her cooperation there's a case, it seems -- because there were witnesses. OTHER folks called 911, not her.

Re: Chris Brown. I've been reading some pretty damning info about him ... where he was abused & witness his mother be abused from ages 7-13. At one point he admits he was planning to murder the stepfather. Though he's always claimed to be AGAINST violence to women, after what he witnessed ... your past is your past ... what you know is what you know. If he hadn't had SERIOUS counseling he was pretty likely to repeat it, yanno?

Very sad. I hope they both get help. And stay away from each other. And I hope parents will use this awful incident as a teaching moment for their boys & girls.
15.gif

ETA: From GIANT magazine

Like the day an 11-year-old Brown made a promise to his mother. He vowed that he would go to jail by age 15 for killing his abusive stepfather. “I just want you to know that I love you,” he told her in GIANT. “But I’m gonna take a baseball bat one day while you at work, and I’m gonna kill him.” Brown’s parents had separated when he was seven. When his mother remarried, she moved her son and his new stepfather to a trailer park. Then his stepfather shot himself in the head. The shot went straight through the eyes. He survived the suicide attempt but was permanently blinded.

“When you’re blind, your senses are heightened, like your smell, hearing, your sense of touch,” Brown explains to GIANT. “You can move and maneuver around your sight. But he used to hit my mom…. He made me terrified all the time, terrified like I had to pee on myself. I remember one night he made her nose bleed. I was crying and thinking, ‘I’m just gonna go crazy on him one day…’ I hate him to this day.“

EETA: Chris Brown grew up terrified in a violent home. (with video of an interview)

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 1:57:43 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
this was the night before.... not exactly the body language of a woman that is threatened in anyway by this fellow.
Actually a lot of victims will portray a happy face in public out of fear. Or the attacker will pretend that everything is great in public which gives the victim a false sense of security or hope that things will be different.

As for the whole coming at him with a gun comment, I''m kind of on the fence with that one. I see what you mean but at the same time if she did come at him with a gun (or any other kind of force) in the car, I think he could have stopped it from happening without resorting to a full beat down. I know that if I went after my FI with that kind of force or with a weapon, he could definitely wrestle it away from me and possibly hold me down until I calm down. I don''t think he would have to resort to multiple punches in the face. And from what I''ve seen, Chris Brown *looks* stronger than Rihanna (not claiming that he is).

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:03:41 PM
Author: fieryred33143

Actually a lot of victims will portray a happy face in public out of fear. Or the attacker will pretend that everything is great in public which gives the victim a false sense of security or hope that things will be different.

As for the whole coming at him with a gun comment, I''m kind of on the fence with that one. I see what you mean but at the same time if she did come at him with a gun (or any other kind of force) in the car, I think he could have stopped it from happening without resorting to a full beat down. I know that if I went after my FI with that kind of force or with a weapon, he could definitely wrestle it away from me and possibly hold me down until I calm down. I don''t think he would have to resort to multiple punches in the face. And from what I''ve seen, Chris Brown *looks* stronger than Rihanna (not claiming that he is).
The point was that you just never know what the circumstances are and what actually happened.... It is VERY wrong for a man to hit a woman (and a woman to hit a man) under *most* circumstances, but I also understand there are some pretty off kilter women out there aswell.

Those of you that haven''t read my "who''s who''s" wouldn''t know- but I''ve been there, been abused. No I am not ashamed and no I didn''t ask for it, it made me stronger.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fiery, this is ABSOLUTELY true! I grew up in a household similar to Chris Brown''s. My Mom and Dad divorced when I was three years old, and my Mom married a HORRIBLE man (who she has since divorced, thank God). He was very abusive and controlling, and I was very miserable growing up in that house. Like Chris Brown said, I hate him to this day for the way he treated me, but especially for the way he treated my Mom. He was very manipulative, and no one ever thought for a second that there was any abuse going on in our house. But there was. Every single day.

Unfortunately, I grew up and married someone just like him. That gave me a chance to see the situation from my Mom''s perspective. I became very familiar with EXACTLY what she went through with her XH, and I understood why she allowed the rest of the world to believe in his "public face." She was scared, for herself and for me.

The good news is, I was able to see that my XH''s treatment of me was WAAAAY out of line, and I divorced him after only three years of marriage. I am now married to a REAL man, and I couldn''t be happier. I only hope that Rihanna is able to learn from this experience and demand better for herself in the future.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only heard about this earlier today. That''s absolutely awful. I hope that she''s ok.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s actually the night the attack happened. Taken at Clive Davis''s pre-Grammy bash just hours before the incident. But if you look at the other photos she''s hanging on him & he''s looking distraught. I don''t think you can tell if someone is going to be beaten or not if they look happy hours beforehand. Does Diane Lane look scared around Josh Brolin? Did Tina Turner look scared around Ike? Madonna & Sean Penn? Pictures, public events etc don''t tell the private tale. And most abusers are charming guys *most* of the time -- or they couldn''t suck you into the CYCLE of abuse, apology, peace, abuse.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I''ll shut up as apparently I can not articulate what I mean effectively.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:17:09 PM
Author: decodelighted

That''s actually the night the attack happened. Taken at Clive Davis''s pre-Grammy bash just hours before the incident. But if you look at the other photos she''s hanging on him & he''s looking distraught. I don''t think you can tell if someone is going to be beaten or not if they look happy hours beforehand. Does Diane Lane look scared around Josh Brolin? Did Tina Turner look scared around Ike? Madonna & Sean Penn? Pictures, public events etc don''t tell the private tale. And most abusers are charming guys *most* of the time -- or they couldn''t suck you into the CYCLE of abuse, apology, peace, abuse.
or girls.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:18:47 PM
I''ll shut up as apparently I can not articulate what I mean effectively.
Aww yes you did! I was just offering a counterview.

Sorry you went through what you went through
15.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:14:47 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Fiery, this is ABSOLUTELY true! I grew up in a household similar to Chris Brown''s. My Mom and Dad divorced when I was three years old, and my Mom married a HORRIBLE man (who she has since divorced, thank God). He was very abusive and controlling, and I was very miserable growing up in that house. Like Chris Brown said, I hate him to this day for the way he treated me, but especially for the way he treated my Mom. He was very manipulative, and no one ever thought for a second that there was any abuse going on in our house. But there was. Every single day.

Unfortunately, I grew up and married someone just like him. That gave me a chance to see the situation from my Mom''s perspective. I became very familiar with EXACTLY what she went through with her XH, and I understood why she allowed the rest of the world to believe in his ''public face.'' She was scared, for herself and for me.

The good news is, I was able to see that my XH''s treatment of me was WAAAAY out of line, and I divorced him after only three years of marriage. I am now married to a REAL man, and I couldn''t be happier. I only hope that Rihanna is able to learn from this experience and demand better for herself in the future.
I''m sorry to hear that Irish. We have a lot of strong PSers here.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Who knows. All I care about is that she is okay, that whatever happened comes fully out in the open, and that whoever is at fault for her injuries gets help for their issues.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:20:18 PM
or girls.
True nuff. Wouldn''t want to be in a dark alley with Naomi Campbell!
2.gif

(and sorry! didn''t know the personal story of anyone piping in on this thread! just offering my uneducated opinion)

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:32:12 PM

Date: 2/10/2009 2:20:18 PM
or girls.
True nuff. Wouldn''t want to be in a dark alley with Naomi Campbell!
2.gif

(and sorry! didn''t know the personal story of anyone piping in on this thread! just offering my uneducated opinion)
41.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
I think this situation is really sad. If it turns out that all of this is true, I won''t ever listen to his music again. Hopefully Rihanna has a speedy recovery and the strength to walk away...

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I honestly don''t care what was said or what was done...as adults, there are better ways of handling ones self than getting physical.

Especially
considering that Chris Brown is considered a role model by many, many children and teenagers. As a victim of abuse himself (maybe not physical, but certainly abuse nonetheless) he should just flat out know better. Better he should take that pain and anger and become an advocate, or spokesman...to me, he''s worse than his stepfather...knowing that pain and opting to "pay it forward"
29.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a terrible story! No matter what the specifics, it is terrible to have to go through such a situation in the public eye.

I think that Iwanna may be referring to the fact that there are a few types of domestic violence. The type that we hear about the most is the type where there is a single, controlling, manipulative partner who abuses his (almost always) wife/girlfriend who is patently non-violent. There is another type, called "common couple violence" (hate the name
14.gif
) which is actually much much more common. This is the type where the relationship is very volatile and BOTH partners will actually aggress against one another. The women in these relationships will typically use objects to hit their partner (throwing pots and pans, telephones) and the men will use their fists... but in this type of violent relationship both partners are involved in the violence and actually hurt one another. But men are stronger than women, and so when this common couple violence escalates and gets really out of control, often it is the woman who ends up with a catastrophic injury.

No one should be hurt by their partner, man or woman... I guess the point in this case is we don't know whether he is the charasmatic manipulative abuser, or whether they were in a volatile relationship with mutual violence that THIS time got out way our of hand resulting in her obvious and serious injuries. The end result is the same, she is injured and he is apparently not, but maybe it changes the way we think about the situation?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
One of my friends text me something about her giving him an STD. I don''t personally believe that, but even if that was the case, he''s a total coward for hitting a girl.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:26:19 PM
Author: pennquaker09
One of my friends text me something about her giving him an STD. I don''t personally believe that, but even if that was the case, he''s a total coward for hitting a girl.
My FI lives on hip hop websites and that is the rumor going around.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 10:30:44 PM
Date: 2/10/2009 10:26:19 PM

Author: pennquaker09

My FI lives on hip hop websites and that is the rumor going around.

I always wonder about this in Hollywood. So many celebrities move from relationship to relationship or fling to fling, and chances are a lot of them have given each other STDs, yet you hardly ever hear about it.

Anyway, I do hope both parties involved seek help, and that this story at least helps someone who might have been injured at the hands of a loved one.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/10/2009 2:17:09 PM

Deco, what happened to diane Lane? i have never heard that before

MrsG

Shiny_Rock
She was scheduled to perform in Jakarta on the 12th and Kuala Lumpur on the 13th, both shows have been canceled/suspended.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I was outraged at my local radio station this morning.

Apparently the rumor is now that she went crazy on him in the car. She was beating him up while they were driving and he hit a parked car. So he turned around and started hitting her.

People were calling in saying that she deserved it. One woman said "well when you don''t respect a man, expect to get hit." I couldn''t believe my ears. I can understand him wanting to defend himself and what he did after (making her get out of the car and leaving her there) was the right thing to do. It''s the beat down and the bites in between that I don''t agree with. The only thing I can think of is maybe in the process of trying to get her to stop hitting him, he hurt her but that wouldn''t explain the bite marks at all.

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 9:50:53 AM
I was outraged at my local radio station this morning.

Apparently the rumor is now that she went crazy on him in the car. She was beating him up while they were driving and he hit a parked car. So he turned around and started hitting her.

People were calling in saying that she deserved it. One woman said ''well when you don''t respect a man, expect to get hit.'' I couldn''t believe my ears. I can understand him wanting to defend himself and what he did after (making her get out of the car and leaving her there) was the right thing to do. It''s the beat down and the bites in between that I don''t agree with. The only thing I can think of is maybe in the process of trying to get her to stop hitting him, he hurt her but that wouldn''t explain the bite marks at all.
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
THAT is exactly why women who are the victims of domestic violence often carry around major guilt! it took me years-literally YEARS to believe that it was not my fault. that there was nothing that i did that could have caused such violence. Damn right she should not be hitting him either..but biting? hitting with a closed fist? C''MON! even if i punched FI in the face he would never hit me...he might lock me in a closet or something
3.gif
but he would NEVER BITE ME!

i am sick to my stomach. there are some ignorant people out there. Chris Brown needs to own the fact that he hit and bit a woman that he loves. period.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
From MTV.com

Internet rumours claims the pair had a fight because she gave him herpes…

The Rihanna and Chris Brown rumours are continuing- with the latest suggesting she may have given him herpes.

Some websites are reporting that he allegedly attacked her after finding out she had given him an STD.

Incredibly it’s also claimed on various blogs that rap superstar Jay Z gave Rihanna herpes in the first place.

All these claims seem unlikely though and website MediaTakeOut.com is reporting that these stories are false.

In other developments the same website says Rihanna is now refusing to co-operate with police.

It’s also reported that the real reasons for their fight was that Chris wanted to end their relationship but Rihanna didn’t.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
I don''t care if you gave someone the gift that keeps on giving. Resorting to physical violence is unacceptable!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 10:00:32 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
From MTV.com

Internet rumours claims the pair had a fight because she gave him herpes…

The Rihanna and Chris Brown rumours are continuing- with the latest suggesting she may have given him herpes.

Some websites are reporting that he allegedly attacked her after finding out she had given him an STD.

Incredibly it’s also claimed on various blogs that rap superstar Jay Z gave Rihanna herpes in the first place.

All these claims seem unlikely though and website MediaTakeOut.com is reporting that these stories are false.

In other developments the same website says Rihanna is now refusing to co-operate with police.

It’s also reported that the real reasons for their fight was that Chris wanted to end their relationship but Rihanna didn’t.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
I don''t care if you gave someone the gift that keeps on giving. Resorting to physical violence is unacceptable!
These things go hand in hand...she probably loves him to the point of doing all she can to protect him...poor girl.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I recall reading, before all of this happened, that he had tried to end things and that she just wouldn''t let go.

Does anyone remember the rumor a few months ago about her cheating on him with Kanye West? I never followed up on that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results