shape
carat
color
clarity

Is anyone following the Chris Brown/Rihanna Case?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 11:29:09 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Isn''t he going to court today?
Yes...he''ll be informed of the charges against him today. But, if CA is anything like IL...if Rihanna doesn''t show up in court, chances are the state will drop the charges.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 11:32:24 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor

Isn''t he going to court today?

Yes...he''ll be informed of the charges against him today. But, if CA is anything like IL...if Rihanna doesn''t show up in court, chances are the state will drop the charges.

Really? In many states it doesn''t matter. The woman can say she doesn''t want to press charges, and regardless, the state can and often will. Given the amount of evidence they supposedly have (bloody clothing, pictures of blood in the car, pictures of her face, etc), they might not need her testimony to charge him.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 12:20:27 PM

Date: 3/5/2009 11:32:24 AM

Isn't he going to court today?

Yes...he'll be informed of the charges against him today. But, if CA is anything like IL...if Rihanna doesn't show up in court, chances are the state will drop the charges.

Really? In many states it doesn't matter. The woman can say she doesn't want to press charges, and regardless, the state can and often will. Given the amount of evidence they supposedly have (bloody clothing, pictures of blood in the car, pictures of her face, etc), they might not need her testimony to charge him.
I have a little background knowledge on this subject...X & Y were involved in a "dispute" that turned physical a while back (
38.gif
). It's really embarrassing for me to talk about...so I won't go into details and only refer to them as X & Y. Note: This was not me, my husband or anyone in my immediate family.

But, X was arrested. Y was photographed (no visable injuries).

Y was informed that X was going to be charged...however, the cavet is, if Y didn't show up, they wouldn't have testimony which a lot of these cases hinge on.

Now, in the case of X & Y, there was no blood evidence or anything like that, just photos with noexsist brusing. The court system drags its feet and does give the victim plenty of time to press charges by way of motions, and holding the case over for months at a time.

So again, I don't know the California system at all...but I know in IL, they really want the victim to be there otherwise they aren't as interested in pressing the case further.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like he was charged with two felonies: assault and making threats.

This is just so sad. I feel horrible for Rihanna. I know what she''s going through, and it''s an awful way to live. I hope she soon realizes that she can do so much better than this.
8.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else find Chris hard to look at now?

I used to think he was cute...but now I have time with his face. In every picture I''ve seen of him, he looks so mean now.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 1:39:50 PM

I used to think he was cute...but now I have time with his face. In every picture I''ve seen of him, he looks so mean now.
I hardly even knew who he was before all of this, and now I am actively ANTI-Chris Brown. I will NEVER buy any of his music, and if one of his songs comes on the radio you can bet I''ll be changing the station!
38.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. I do. Now when I look at pictures of him it seems like he has two different expressions ... his mouth is always smiling but the top half (eyes, eyebrows, forehead) never seem to match ... they always appear angry/tortured/grimaced.

Its the way to tell a genuine smile from a fake smile ... what''s going on with the person''s EYES. He''s dead inside.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 2:25:29 PM
Author: decodelighted

Yes. I do. Now when I look at pictures of him it seems like he has two different expressions ... his mouth is always smiling but the top half (eyes, eyebrows, forehead) never seem to match ... they always appear angry/tortured/grimaced.

Its the way to tell a genuine smile from a fake smile ... what''s going on with the person''s EYES. He''s dead inside.
AMEN!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
That CNN report was so disturbing. *shudder*

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
That CNN report was terribly distrubing...Hudson, you are dead on right.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 2:28:38 PM

Date: 3/5/2009 2:25:29 PM

AMEN!!
ITA with you DECO. The look he has is very very menacing.

I just got through with reading the details on CNN.com and I am even more disgusted with the whole thing. WOW. He really did a number on her.

I really really really hope the rumors that they got married are not true.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
If the are married, he probably did it to "shut her up"...it was her dream to have 2.5 by 25.

Judging by his recent behavior, I could imagine him marrying her to keep her under his thumb...she wouldn''t dare testify against her husband.

I really wish she would have gouged his eyes out....
face21.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Her family has come out saying that they are no longer able to contact her. All her phone numbers & email addresses have been changed. This is not going to end well.
7.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
This is all just so horrible... I know its an extreme but I cringe everytime I hear or read about this Rihanna thing because I can''t help but think she could end up dead if she doesn''t get away from him now.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 3:49:52 PM
Her family has come out saying that they are no longer able to contact her. All her phone numbers & email addresses have been changed. This is not going to end well.
7.gif
Oh my God.
38.gif
38.gif

She has isolated herself from the people she needs the most...for all of us, it probably beyond comprehension...but for her, she''s loving her man (
29.gif
).

I hope, and pray, and pray, and pray that someone (maybe Oprah???) can break down some walls and shine the light on this dark affair

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really hope the rumor that they are indeed married is not true. But even if it is, at some point I hope she comes to her senses (before they end up killing each other) and divorces him. It''s no surprise to me that she''s gone back to him, and really not a surprise that they might have gotten married.

While I don''t find myself glued to the news on this case, I am rather fascinated in a repulsed sort of way because I can relate to some of it. Oh, and my ex, who had to be in complete control at all times (his circle of friends actually nicknamed him the "comptroller") has apparently lost everything since I left. He''s 7 months in arrears on his mortgage payment (he insisted on having the house in his name only--I signed with the stipulation that I would be able to stay there in the event that he died)...he lost his job again in January, he will probably lose his car (also in his name only, purchased while I was at work one day--nice, huh?). One of my friends who saw him last month said he has probably put on 30 pounds. I''m a firm believer in Karma, and I can tell you it is biting him in the a$$, just like it will bite Chris Brown.

I certainly don''t harbor a lot of animosity or ill will towards my ex...of course I''m not very fond of him...I just feel very sorry for the next woman who ends up entangled in his selfish and abusive lifestyle, just like I feel sorry for the next gal who ends up with this Brown character.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 4:02:43 PM

7.gif

Oh my God.
38.gif
38.gif

She has isolated herself from the people she needs the most...for all of us, it probably beyond comprehension...but for her, she''s loving her man (
29.gif
).

I hope, and pray, and pray, and pray that someone (maybe Oprah???) can break down some walls and shine the light on this dark affair

I think Oprah is going to single-handedly save the World...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 4:02:43 PM

7.gif
Oh my God.
38.gif
38.gif

29.gif
).

No one is going to be able to reach her or help her unless she finally decides she''s had enough. Seriously. I''m sure that when they are together and things are going well that he is very, very good to her, and she''s bought into it enough that she sees him as the good guy now, and anyone who is trying to break them apart again as the bad guy, even her family. That is just the way it works, unfortunately.

I don''t think even Lord Oprah can fix this one.
2.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 4:08:50 PM
Author: monarch64

No one is going to be able to reach her or help her unless she finally decides she''s had enough. Seriously. I''m sure that when they are together and things are going well that he is very, very good to her, and she''s bought into it enough that she sees him as the good guy now, and anyone who is trying to break them apart again as the bad guy, even her family. That is just the way it works, unfortunately.

I don''t think even Lord Oprah can fix this one.
2.gif
This post hit very close to home for me...my friend is very much in that situation right now...while she''s not physically abused (to my knowledge) she''s in a cycle with her husband as well....and no one can help her, unfortunately, break it.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really wonder if big wigs in the music industry encouraged this marriage (if they did wed) because she can then refuse to testify against him?? She probably thinks its all love & sorry & fairytale end of the rainbow b.s. & to everyone else its hastily calculated insurance that Mr. Michael Jackson 2.0 isn't in the pokey.

I say hastily calculated because they probably don't realize that he'll likely do something much, much worse to her before this previous instance goes to trial.
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
32.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 4:18:06 PM

Date: 3/5/2009 4:08:50 PM
Author: monarch64

No one is going to be able to reach her or help her unless she finally decides she's had enough. Seriously. I'm sure that when they are together and things are going well that he is very, very good to her, and she's bought into it enough that she sees him as the good guy now, and anyone who is trying to break them apart again as the bad guy, even her family. That is just the way it works, unfortunately.

I don't think even Lord Oprah can fix this one.
2.gif
This post hit very close to home for me...my friend is very much in that situation right now...while she's not physically abused (to my knowledge) she's in a cycle with her husband as well....and no one can help her, unfortunately, break it.
Italia, I'm sorry about your friend. Is she the one you had a thread about not too long ago?

Even if you're not hitting each other, or getting hit, or being physically violent, as far as domestic abuse (could be verbal, emotional, mental, what have you) there is still a cycle of one person trying to control and the other person trying to regain approval or love that's being given and taken away conditionally. It's a mess that sucks you in and is like trying to pull yourself out of quicksand. I hate to say it, but it's usually easier just to stay, even if it means risking your life. I certainly never thought my ex would raise his hand/fist to me, or be so destructive to our home. And I really thought it was MY fault. It's a tough thing to comprehend, and if you met me I think you would be amazed that I was ever in a situation like your friend's.
7.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, yes...same friend.

I recently seperated myself from her because its just to hard to be around and not be able to save her. She is incredibly abused. He has taken a wonderful, funny, smart, successful, determined woman and beaten her emotionally into a shell of who she once was. Its a heart breaking situation for me, and one that I warred over for a long time. We''d been friends for over 20 years...so walking away was awful for me...but I couldn''t be a friend and blind to it at the same time.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 4:38:38 PM
Monarch, yes...same friend.

I recently seperated myself from her because its just to hard to be around and not be able to save her. She is incredibly abused. He has taken a wonderful, funny, smart, successful, determined woman and beaten her emotionally into a shell of who she once was. Its a heart breaking situation for me, and one that I warred over for a long time. We''d been friends for over 20 years...so walking away was awful for me...but I couldn''t be a friend and blind to it at the same time.
That''s a tough situation, Italia. I had a friend in whom I confided many times and finally she blew up at me one day and things finally clicked with me. I felt like I had also lost her respect, and now that I left we have resumed our friendship and it''s brought us even closer--she always tells me how proud she is that I stuck to my guns, etc. Maybe one day when your friend gets the courage and strength to leave (she HAS to do it for herself, not anyone else) you guys will re-establish your friendship as well. In the meantime, stay strong and don''t go back and enable her.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 3:45:22 PM
If the are married, he probably did it to ''shut her up''...it was her dream to have 2.5 by 25.

Judging by his recent behavior, I could imagine him marrying her to keep her under his thumb...she wouldn''t dare testify against her husband.

I really wish she would have gouged his eyes out....
face21.gif
38.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
It was far worse, per the statement given to police, than we even realized. If she could forgive that, she needs immediate help. She has lost her mind.

And he is an unprintable word.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 6:39:20 PM
Author: HollyS
It was far worse, per the statement given to police, than we even realized. If she could forgive that, she needs immediate help. She has lost her mind.

And he is an unprintable word.
Yes, what he did was senseless and brutal...so horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results