shape
carat
color
clarity

Is anyone afraid to wear a ring worth over $10k?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

reena

Ideal_Rock
tell me about it--you should see my hair today.
6.gif

all summer long: humid, yucky, sticky. but at least it's sort of sunny. but, fall in the city is my fave too. (i better enjoy this one as it is likely to be my last!)

researcher

Ideal_Rock
The weather here is the best--you should see my ring shooting off fire and reflecting back the GORGEOUS blue sky and ocean! Seriously, I would NEVER leave this place--at least not for long! Want to know what's sad? I wear my wool coats all the time! It gets chilly when you're having a bonfire at the beach, dipping into the high 50's!
2.gif

Reena~

The best place for professionals in there late 20's is Carmel Valley, Solana Beach/Enicinitas or La Jolla. It just depends on whether you're more interested in starting a family (CV) or having fun (La Jolla, Solana, etc). Del Mar, Rancho Santa Fe and Fairbanks Ranch are all my favorite areas because they're old money and less pretentious (for the most part (the celebrities have changed it a bit though)), but they tend to be more mellow (which suits me perfectly!).

As for working less though, don't keep your fingers crossed. My best friend and my fiancé's best friend are both lawyers and we have several friends whose parents are partners or own their own firms and they all work hours almost as ridiculous as me (which is too many to count (I rarely sleep))!

reena

Ideal_Rock
i'm sure we will love it--thanks for the advice researcher. as for the work part, that doesn't sound so promising--but i have a hard time imagining it could possibly be any WORSE than nyc, where my boyfriend comes home between 11pm and 1am every night, on average.
sad.gif

goodpointz

Rough_Rock
It really depends. Many affluent folks tend to buy top quality diamonds in terms of color and clarity; for instance, a 1.50ct AGS 000 would run you over 30K! So if you're concerned about drawing unwanted attention, be it for security or avoiding ostentation, consider acquiring higher quality- it's a nice way of expressing "how much you care" instead of flaunting it to everyone else. If you're concerned about losing such an expensive piece, keep in mind that be it for $7500 or $25000, you absolute must insure your purchase!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I was just thinking about this in light of my recent upgrade. It is insured, of course, but that hasn't eleviated all my apprehension... I think I'd be upset to lose this stone because I love it so much, which is something insurance can't replace.
8.gif

But, here in the Northeast, many women have 2+ ct rings so it is not very unusual. I don't think I'd wear it into NYC or on vacation (into bank it goes) just for comfort--i don't want to have to "worry" about it.
rolleyes.gif

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/20/2004 5:16:51 PM researcher wrote:

The best place for professionals in there late 20's is Carmel Valley, Solana Beach/Enicinitas or La Jolla. It just depends on whether you're more interested in starting a family (CV) or having fun (La Jolla, Solana, etc). Del Mar, Rancho Santa Fe and Fairbanks Ranch are all my favorite areas because they're old money and less pretentious (for the most part (the celebrities have changed it a bit though)), but they tend to be more mellow (which suits me perfectly!).
----------------

I was married in Carmel ~ hence the pen name.

I'm more afraid I'll never wear a ring worth over $10K.
6.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 8/20/2004 12:47:49 PM moremoremore wrote:

Then again, I'm 5'10 1/2 and I can kick some serious A**!!!
9.gif
----------------

more
no wonder Jonathan is being so nice to you,he's afraid you might kick his A**..LOL

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/20/2004 7:11:11 PM vtigger86 wrote:

----------------
On 8/20/2004 12:47:49 PM moremoremore wrote:

Then again, I'm 5'10 1/2 and I can kick some serious A**!!!
9.gif
----------------

more
no wonder Jonathan is being so nice to you,he's afraid you might kick his A**..LOL----------------

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results