shape
carat
color
clarity

Irrational fear/ phobia help

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have huge as in OMG cockroaches here too, and in some places they are so large they have cockroach races at pubs and clubs.... I kid you not.

Whaaaat? OMG cockroach races. Nooooooo.:errrr::eek2::errrr:

We have huge ones here too. I mean (and I am NOT exaggerating) I have seen cockroaches the size of my palm.:eek2: :errrr::errrr::errrr: That *is* terrifying. Now some people will say those are water bugs but I say, really, what the heck is the difference and who the heck cares. Bugs that size should not exist!!!

:cry2:

https://www.orkin.com/cockroaches/difference-between-a-waterbug-and-a-cockroach/

https://www.wnyc.org/story/cockroach-or-waterbug/

It seems true waterbugs are worse than cockroaches. Arghhhhhh:eek2::eek2::eek2::knockout:

@ceg this puts it all in perspective doesn't it? Of course I have gone and terrified myself and I am alone for the morning and afternoon today so please please let me see NO bugs today.:pray:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have huge as in OMG cockroaches here too, and in some places they are so large they have cockroach races at pubs and clubs.... I kid you not.

You live in Australia right? I've heard that the spiders there are humongous! :-o
I actually crossed it off the list of places I want to visit...even though I know it's absolutely gorgeous there.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You live in Australia right? I've heard that the spiders there are humongous! :-o
I actually crossed it off the list of places I want to visit...even though I know it's absolutely gorgeous there.

Thinking of all the huge bugs/snakes/dangerous critters in hotter climates is making it much more bearable to be stuck inside on today’s Good Friday bank holiday while it absolutely pours down with rain outside! (Raiding Sunday’s Easter egg stash is also considerably helping matters too!).

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of all the huge bugs/snakes/dangerous critters in hotter climates is making it much more bearable to be stuck inside on today’s Good Friday bank holiday while it absolutely pours down with rain outside! (Raiding Sunday’s Easter egg stash is also considerably helping matters too!).

Jelly beans all day, every day! And reese's peanut butter cups. And peeps. And... :lol:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Peanut butter cups - now you’ve gone and done it! I would almost sell my soul for them! We can get them in some places in the UK now but they’re often only in the really small size and the ratio of filling to chocolate doesn’t quite hit the spot in the same way as the ones you get in the US. I bring ridiculous quantities back with me when we visit!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jelly beans all day, every day! And reese's peanut butter cups. And peeps. And... :lol:

Peanut butter cups - now you’ve gone and done it! I would almost sell my soul for them! We can get them in some places in the UK now but they’re often only in the really small size and the ratio of filling to chocolate doesn’t quite hit the spot in the same way as the ones you get in the US. I bring ridiculous quantities back with me when we visit!

iwilleattothat.gif

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

People from overseas joke that everything here wants to kill you. Yes we have big spiders, deadly spiders, big cockroaches, deadly snakes in urban backyards as well as rural areas, I think there is a brown snake or two down the back of my place and I live in a city, and lots of sharks, large people eating crocodiles in the Northern (top) parts of Australia as well.

Most of the really big spiders aren't going to kill you, they clean up the smaller insects so we just coexist with them.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel blessed to have never seen a cockroach in my life. They exist here, I've just never seen one. I think I'd faint. Snakes don't bother me. Spiders do! And centipedes. These 2 things absolutely paralyze me. Bleh!:eek2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People from overseas joke that everything here wants to kill you. Yes we have big spiders, deadly spiders, big cockroaches, deadly snakes in urban backyards as well as rural areas, I think there is a brown snake or two down the back of my place and I live in a city, and lots of sharks, large people eating crocodiles in the Northern (top) parts of Australia as well.

Most of the really big spiders aren't going to kill you, they clean up the smaller insects so we just coexist with them.

At first I thought you were saying people were eating the alligators and I was all “that’s not crazy. I see them sell alligator in Florida.” Then realization sunk in and I was all “people-eating?” Hell no! :eek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel blessed to have never seen a cockroach in my life. They exist here, I've just never seen one. I think I'd faint. Snakes don't bother me. Spiders do! And centipedes. These 2 things absolutely paralyze me. Bleh!:eek2:

yes you are blessed because almost nothing is uglier than a cockroach. Nothing that I can think of anyway. The first time I ever saw one was in my college dormitory. I almost had a heart attack and just thinking about that makes me shudder 33 years later.:errrr:

@ceg shoutout to you...how are you doing? Is everything resolved now? Thinking of you and sending comforting hugs your way.:wavey:

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thanks! I am choosing to believe that it's all resolved, lol. No signs of either monster since the exterminator came. They will come back every few days to check but it looks like sealing the roofline and other measures has worked. Finger crossed!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thanks! I am choosing to believe that it's all resolved, lol. No signs of either monster since the exterminator came. They will come back every few days to check but it looks like sealing the roofline and other measures has worked. Finger crossed!!!

That is welcome news and my fingers and toes crossed for you Ceg!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results