shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Introducing Vivian, the custom cut 4.2 I VVS2 ACA!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Well you surely have lots of stacking options! I love the look with the HPD band, I love your hubby’s fav combo and I really like the little gold band wedged in between! Something about mixed metals that gets me every time. Thanks for the fashion show; gives lots of folks lots of ideas!

Thank you! And yay, I’m glad you don’t think the HPD band is too big.

Mixed metals are fun. I need to get comfortable there!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Found the calipers. The tiny yellow gold band is 1.7-ish mm. It’s not super consistent all the way around but that’s a good average.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
I am late to this bling party - happy anniversary!!!!!!!
Vivian IS. :lickout:
I have goosebumps and chills. Wow.

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m also late to this bling fest, but wowza!! Such an amazing diamond that was cut JUST FOR YOU!

Wear that set with pride and in good health!! :kiss2:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I am late to this bling party - happy anniversary!!!!!!!
Vivian IS. :lickout:
I have goosebumps and chills. Wow.
Thank you! And you are not late—this bling party is still going!
*flings confetti*

I’m also late to this bling fest, but wowza!! Such an amazing diamond that was cut JUST FOR YOU!

Wear that set with pride and in good health!! :kiss2:
Thank you so much!

Shazam22

Rough_Rock
I’ve never had a stone with clarity this high, and it may make me a high-clarity convert. You can really gaze into it with a feeling that nothing gets in the way. It feels very pure and clean.

IMG_8701.jpeg

The size really was a shock at first. Vivian is bigger than I had anticipated. And she is not a shy personality! She is sassy and bold. I love it, truly. Here’s a perspective shot—I really like the size on my hand.

IMG_8532.jpeg

Overall I am so thankful that I did so much research. This ring feels incredibly mind clean, and I have a sense of peace about the whole thing.

IMG_8657.jpeg

IMG_8548.jpeg

IMG_8753.jpeg

IMG_8820.jpeg

On a funny note, while I have named her Vivian, my children (teenagers) have strong feelings that her name should be either Mary Jane (because she’s 4.20) or Dwayne (as in The Rock). I’m calling her Vivian but I won’t lie—they’ve got me hearing Tom Patty’s “Mary Jane’s Last Dance.”

A HUGE thank you to Becca at Whiteflash. She was truly fantastic through this entire process. She gave us the info we needed to decide on a stone, space to make the decision, and support once we committed to the process.

And finally, I would be remiss not to thank all the wonderful PSers who held my hand and provided advice through this process. (One asked me the status of “our ring” at one point, and honestly, this feels like a group project). Thank you to @mrs-b @RunningwithScissors @yssie sie @LLJsmom and @diamondseeker2006 . You are all treasures.

Happy Anniversary! It’s beautiful.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found a four leaf clover on our walk yesterday!

IMG_9761.jpeg

You certainly are a lucky lady!
So how are you liking the U113? I know you haven’t had it that long yet, but any observations or comments one way or the other now that you’ve worn it for a few weeks?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy shitballs!!! It's INCREDIBLE. What an amazing journey.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
You certainly are a lucky lady!
So how are you liking the U113? I know you haven’t had it that long yet, but any observations or comments one way or the other now that you’ve worn it for a few weeks?

Thank you!

As to the U113….I absolutely love it. LOVE IT. It is so simple and so elegant, and it stacks beautifully with all kinds of bands. WF did a killer job on the prongs—they just melt into the diamond.

What I like best though, is that I tend to dress very casually, and this setting just works. It is great with leggings, jeans, and still looks fantastic if I dress up. It would be very easy for a diamond this size to look out of place with a casual outfit, but something about the simplicity of this setting just works, no matter what I’m wearing.

The only downside to the setting is really more related to my particular hands. My knuckles are bigger relative to where the ring sits, and I also swell significantly. When I’m freezing cold and shrunken, the ring does spin because it’s top heavy. But if I put on a few bands, it’s much better.

Overall, I’m just completely in love and driving my family crazy by taking a billion Viv photos a day.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Holy shitballs!!! It's INCREDIBLE. What an amazing journey.

Thank you, @ame ! (Incidentally, that was my husband’s reaction pretty much verbatim when we opened the box). It has been a journey, and I am so very happy with the outcome.

Reactions: ame

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, @ame ! (Incidentally, that was my husband’s reaction pretty much verbatim when we opened the box). It has been a journey, and I am so very happy with the outcome.

Thanks for your insight and experience Tonks, Viv looks perfect on you! I love the simplicity yet elegance of the U113.
I know I speak for everyone here, keep posting photos for us to drool over!

thorstedswife

Shiny_Rock
Damn ! This is stunning I love the story and the journey. Happy anniversary .

Godrick

Shiny_Rock
I am also late to this party but - WOW!! Congratulations on this incredible stone and experience!!

I am kind of a novice on here but so fascinated by all there is to know about these stones. I didn't even know you could custom cut a diamond (?!) - that is so cool! I had also never heard of whiteflash, but they seem like a reputable company (maybe the ideal by price scope standards?)

I don't know if it's improper to ask, so no hard feelings if you don't answer, but what is the general price for doing something like this custom cutting? I assume the price ranges based on specs, of course, but is it generally a standard percentage range more to custom cut vs buying off the shelf? And what are the benefits of it? Maybe you will say its actually more cost effective (it certainly turned out that way in your case!!)

Either way, enjoy. And don't walk into anything because you're staring down too long!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve never had a stone with clarity this high, and it may make me a high-clarity convert. You can really gaze into it with a feeling that nothing gets in the way. It feels very pure and clean.

IMG_8701.jpeg

The size really was a shock at first. Vivian is bigger than I had anticipated. And she is not a shy personality! She is sassy and bold. I love it, truly. Here’s a perspective shot—I really like the size on my hand.

IMG_8532.jpeg

Overall I am so thankful that I did so much research. This ring feels incredibly mind clean, and I have a sense of peace about the whole thing.

IMG_8657.jpeg

IMG_8548.jpeg

IMG_8753.jpeg

IMG_8820.jpeg

On a funny note, while I have named her Vivian, my children (teenagers) have strong feelings that her name should be either Mary Jane (because she’s 4.20) or Dwayne (as in The Rock). I’m calling her Vivian but I won’t lie—they’ve got me hearing Tom Patty’s “Mary Jane’s Last Dance.”

A HUGE thank you to Becca at Whiteflash. She was truly fantastic through this entire process. She gave us the info we needed to decide on a stone, space to make the decision, and support once we committed to the process.

And finally, I would be remiss not to thank all the wonderful PSers who held my hand and provided advice through this process. (One asked me the status of “our ring” at one point, and honestly, this feels like a group project). Thank you to @mrs-b @RunningwithScissors @yssie sie @LLJsmom and @diamondseeker2006 . You are all treasures.

That is gorgeous, @Tonks. Congratulations on your new beauty!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!
Just Wow!

Just saw this thread, as I rarely surf SMTB.

It's perfection in every respect. :kiss2:
I'm so thrilled for you.

Love all your pics too.
You must get lots of stares and comments.
Please share.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!
Just Wow!

Just saw this thread, as I rarely surf SMTB.

It's perfection in every respect. :kiss2:
I'm so thrilled for you.

Love all your pics too.
You must get lots of stares and comments.
Please share.

Thank you, @kenny !

I have only had this ring for a few months, and it still takes my breath away. Viv is pretty loud—big flashes of light! So I have gotten a few stares. No comments, though.

Just got a spacer so I can wear Viv with my HPD band. It’s a gorgeous combo. I was a wee bit worried it would pull attention from VIv.

Haha. Nope.

IMG_0796.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just catching up on all the pictures with your incredible collection of bands! Vivian looks fabulous with all of them! The killer of looking at this thread again is that it makes me want a diamond in my Vatche solitaire again! :lol: It's just so hard when you love many styles of diamond rings!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Just catching up on all the pictures with your incredible collection of bands! Vivian looks fabulous with all of them! The killer of looking at this thread again is that it makes me want a diamond in my Vatche solitaire again! :lol: It's just so hard when you love many styles of diamond rings!

Thank you so much, DS!

My band addiction was one big reason I was so drawn to the simplicity of the U113. It is so much fun to switch things up from day to day.

I hear you about it being hard when you love ALL the styles. That is me, too! My hope is that bands will allow me to have variety. The most challenging part of picking a ring (for me) was knowing there was no one right answer. Your Victor setting is just so breathtaking. It’s the perfect one for your stone. I’m so glad to have gotten to see it (and you!) in person.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so late to this party, but wowza, what an incredible journey and diamond, Tonks! :love::love: I loved reading every part of your research. And boy did you win the custom cutting lottery! Vivian is utterly spectacular. Happy anniversary!!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so late to this party, but wowza, what an incredible journey and diamond, Tonks! :love::love: I loved reading every part of your research. And boy did you win the custom cutting lottery! Vivian is utterly spectacular. Happy anniversary!!

Thank you so much, Kim! I really appreciate your kind words, AND also—thank you for spending so much time helping others around here! I have learned so much from both you and @DejaWiz .

decogilmore

Rough_Rock
This ring is a dream! Would you please share more photos of Vivian stacked with the VC engraved band and your eternity band? I have the engraved band and was shocked at how beautiful the two look together! I know I’m a little late to the party!

decogilmore

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I just love it! There’s something so special about the simple beauty of this combo! You are such a fashionista! Have a wonderful day!

hautecouture

Rough_Rock
Absolutely incredible ring....I am bookmarking this post and if I ever can I'll just send it all to WF and say 'do this' LOL....it's perfection!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results