shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing myself :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone! I discovered Pricescope a few days ago when I was doing some diamond research, and when I saw this particular Ladies in Waiting forum I figured it was right up my alley! I lurked for a day or two but you all seem so nice and sweet I wanted to delurk ASAP and join in all the fun :)

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Welcome!!! Tell us more about yourself!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!

Care to tell us more about your situation? And be sure to put yourself on the list!

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
Happy to! :) I''m 26, about to turn 27 in November (ahh!). I was born, raised and still live in Southern California (Orange County). My bf and I have been dating for almost two years (we''ll hit the 2 year mark in January) and the proposal is imminent!
6.gif
He''s already asked for my family''s blessing (last week, actually!) and he said he wants to propose in November. However, this is a slight no-no for me since I have told him all along that I don''t want to be proposed to until we''ve been dating for two years, but I think he''s getting antsy and wants to do it sooner. I guess it doesn''t really make sense to insist that he wait until January. We shall see....my Lady in Waiting period on this list may be of short duration! btw, how do I get myself on the list?

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! We''re glad to have you join LIW
1.gif
You can join the official list by posting in that thread (it''s one of the sticky threads at the top of this forum).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi blueberrydot,

Its a very exciting time for you!

Have you discussed rings? Have you looked? Does he know what you like? If he needs to learn about
diamonds you can point him to the Rocky Talk forum. There is a lot to learn about diamonds.

Welcome!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

How exciting that he is ready. Does he have a ring?

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Welcome.

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
tyty and TooPatient - yes he does have a ring! Or, he did....that''s kind of another story all its own. I wrote about it over in Rocky Talky: Needing Advice on a Sensitive Subject

If you want, please read through the thread and let me know your thoughts. I''ve gotten a LOT of different kinds of responses over there, and I''d love to know what the take on the situation is here!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Hey there, blueberry!!! Welcome to PS!
35.gif
I read up on your e-ring thread in RT, and I just have to say that I''m glad your BF sent the BN ring back. I think it''s good of him to be doing his research and be open to looking online, but maybe the two of you need to head to some B&Ms together so you can try on some rings together. Rings look CRAZY different in person, and on your fingers!!! Let him get an idea of what you like, and (possibly more importantly) what you don''t, and THEN he can go off and pick a ring to surprise you. That way he gets to pick you HIS diamond, HIS setting...HIS ring for YOU...and have it be something you''ll love and cherish.

Best of luck to you!!!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2009 5:39:48 PM
Author: vc10um
Hey there, blueberry!!! Welcome to PS!
35.gif
I read up on your e-ring thread in RT, and I just have to say that I''m glad your BF sent the BN ring back. I think it''s good of him to be doing his research and be open to looking online, but maybe the two of you need to head to some B&Ms together so you can try on some rings together. Rings look CRAZY different in person, and on your fingers!!! Let him get an idea of what you like, and (possibly more importantly) what you don''t, and THEN he can go off and pick a ring to surprise you. That way he gets to pick you HIS diamond, HIS setting...HIS ring for YOU...and have it be something you''ll love and cherish.

Best of luck to you!!!
35.gif
Welcome to the forum, blueberry!
35.gif

I agree with vc10um and I''m glad that you two can start over and find the right diamond and setting for YOU! Hopefully he''ll keep your desires in mind and you can compromise on your engagement ring!

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
Hello and welcome to LIW!
2.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
BBD, did you go and look at rings yet? I''m curious to find out if you fell in love with any particular shape in your hunt for your engagement ring. Keep us posted when you get a chance!

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 12:39:24 AM
Author: Luckyeshe
BBD, did you go and look at rings yet? I''m curious to find out if you fell in love with any particular shape in your hunt for your engagement ring. Keep us posted when you get a chance!

Actually I did get a chance to look at some rings - my sister went to her jewelers to go get her rings cleaned and I tagged along so we could look at stones and settings together! It was my first time ever going to look at rings, and it was all very surreal and exciting
4.gif

I asked to see some radiant cuts, and was actually disappointed by them. They were actually very pretty and lovely but the radiants that I have looked at and mooned over online have all been rectangular, and so I thought that all radiants were somewhat rectangular. However, all the ones that they showed me were square, and to be honest, a square radiant looks a LOT like a round on its face! Apparently I would have to actually hunt down a radiant that has the proportions I prefer, and it all sounds so complicated and time consuming, especially I''ve been doing some research on radiants and I guess you really have to know what you''re looking for/talking about when it comes to these stones, and I''m feeling a little overwhelmed!

I think I might just abandon the idea of getting a radiant as my e-ring. Neither my boyfriend or I really have the time to devote to a nationwide search for the perfect radiant, and it''s really so much easier and simpler to find a quality RB. Perhaps if I ever upgrade I might think about getting a radiant again, but for now, I''m warming to the idea of having an RB. I really DO like them a lot, but I just never figured I''d be an RB kind of gal when my time came. But things change! When leggings came into style, I swore that I''d never fall into that trap. Now I own about five pairs and wear them all the time
38.gif
haha!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 7:58:48 PM
Author: blueberrydot

Date: 10/30/2009 12:39:24 AM
Author: Luckyeshe

Actually I did get a chance to look at some rings - my sister went to her jewelers to go get her rings cleaned and I tagged along so we could look at stones and settings together! It was my first time ever going to look at rings, and it was all very surreal and exciting
4.gif

I asked to see some radiant cuts, and was actually disappointed by them. They were actually very pretty and lovely but the radiants that I have looked at and mooned over online have all been rectangular, and so I thought that all radiants were somewhat rectangular. However, all the ones that they showed me were square, and to be honest, a square radiant looks a LOT like a round on its face! Apparently I would have to actually hunt down a radiant that has the proportions I prefer, and it all sounds so complicated and time consuming, especially I''ve been doing some research on radiants and I guess you really have to know what you''re looking for/talking about when it comes to these stones, and I''m feeling a little overwhelmed!

I think I might just abandon the idea of getting a radiant as my e-ring. Neither my boyfriend or I really have the time to devote to a nationwide search for the perfect radiant, and it''s really so much easier and simpler to find a quality RB. Perhaps if I ever upgrade I might think about getting a radiant again, but for now, I''m warming to the idea of having an RB. I really DO like them a lot, but I just never figured I''d be an RB kind of gal when my time came. But things change! When leggings came into style, I swore that I''d never fall into that trap. Now I own about five pairs and wear them all the time
38.gif
haha!
BBD, I''m glad you''re warming up to RBs but it''s possible that you just didn''t get to see exactly what you wanted in a radiant (aka rectangular rather than squarish). I personally wanted a rectangular cushion when I started looking and the squarish ones kinda turned me off from cushions when I first tried them on. (I love square cushions on others, but just not on me). I''m going to post some pictures of radiants for you on this thread from other PSers and see what you think. Also, another PSer on this forum FSU1227 has a radiant and I absolutely LOVE LOVE her ring! I''m pretty sure Lilyfoot can attest as to how pretty it is even though it''s not "us" it''s definitely perfect for FSU1227 (we got to see each other''s rings when we had a GTG a few weeks ago
9.gif
).

Anywho, as for searching for the perfect radiant, that''s what PS is for! Give all those people in Rocky Talk something to do! And I you really are starting to love RBs then I''m happy for you! I say don''t give up on your radiants yet til you see the rectangular ones.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock

blueberrydot

Shiny_Rock
Oh holy shnikes, Lucky! You just singlehandedly resurrected my adoration for radiants. AAHHH!
30.gif
Right when I was warming up to RBs! I just showed my boyfriend that gorgeous picture of Batana''s radiant and he actually really liked it (up until now he still thought radiants were unappealing). Thanks for the pictures and threads - perhaps I will be on my way to getting a radiant after all! Ay yi yi...
23.gif

I''ll try to keep you ladies updated on any developments
1.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 3:18:49 AM
Author: blueberrydot
Oh holy shnikes, Lucky! You just singlehandedly resurrected my adoration for radiants. AAHHH!
30.gif
Right when I was warming up to RBs! I just showed my boyfriend that gorgeous picture of Batana''s radiant and he actually really liked it (up until now he still thought radiants were unappealing). Thanks for the pictures and threads - perhaps I will be on my way to getting a radiant after all! Ay yi yi...
23.gif

I''ll try to keep you ladies updated on any developments
1.gif
36.gif
Hurray!
36.gif

That makes me so happy! Now all you have to do is see if you like rectangular radiants on your finger and go from there! Good luck on your ring search, BBD!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Blueberrydot, Welcome to the LIW forum.

Both radiants and RBs are lovely, so I''m sure you can find a stone that makes your heart sing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results