shape
carat
color
clarity

My DREAM ring is done & perfect! 2ct Radiant w/Trillions!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Good morning everyone!!!!

I can finally say that I have my DREAM RING in my hands. Well, on my finger more importantly!!!!! After an agonizing deliberation between choosing a radiant and a cushion, and then trying to find the stone that really "spoke" to me with the perfect shape, color, clarity, and sparkle, this has been a crazy journey!

The whole story behind this ring and setting is actually pretty corny/cheesy, if you care to read about it. If not, skip to the bottom for the diamond ****!!!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

Anyway, my husband and I have been together for a loooong time, we're now in our late 20s/early 30s, but for reference, he was my date for both my junior and senior HS proms
19.gif
When I was in college and then for a career a few years after, I worked in the jewelry business, with diamonds specifically. I saw soooo many diamonds and types of e-rings and I loved them ALL, and always joked that when the time came for me to get engaged, I would need about a dozen e-rings since how could I possibly decide on just one, when it was a job requirement for me to love diamonds and jewelry! LOL. Thank God dh has a good sense of humor too
31.gif
That is, until I made *THE RING* for a store customer...the ring that would end the hunt for all rings for me, forever and ever amen....which consisted of a stunning, slightly off-square radiant with a trillion to each side, that sparkled like a ball of fire and bucket of crushed ice...I was in love...while it was being made, it was like I was DaVinci and it was my Mona Lisa, I was so *obsessed* with this ring...the only problem was, we were young and very, ummm how do I put this? "Economically challenged" probably best sums it up
25.gif
We had no money to afford even a little diamond, let alone this gorgeous, giant radiant and trillion diamond ring I was drooling over! SUCH torture to have to stare at these beautiful rings every day and not be able to afford one of my own!

Around this same time, I was shopping one day in an upscale department store, and of course browsing the jewelry section, when I found a near perfect copy of my ultimate dream ring, right down to the exact stone sizes and proportions, in 18k white gold set with high-quality CZ's. So I bought the ring and always emulated it, sort of like for when the time came, *this* is what I want my dream ring to look EXACTLY like.

Not too long after, then-bf and I were ready to be engaged, and my grandmother was generous enough to give us a 1ct round brilliant to use for my e-ring. It came from a pair of earrings that my grandfather had given her a few years ago and she had lost one. It was a pretty diamond and we were so, so grateful, but it wasn't anything very sentimental, but hey, it was a "free" diamond, I had it set and it became my e-ring and we were very happy for that.

Fast forward now, we've been married several years....On my birthday back in late November, dh finds in my jewelry box the 18k & CZ ring from years ago, wraps it up in a ring box, and gives it to me as a "present." When I open it up and see the CZ clone of my dream ring, I'm confused and ask him what's going on... to my amazement and absolute glee, DH asks if I want to make my dream ring finally. Ummmm, YES!!!!!!!!! And thus begins the process of choosing my diamond and putting it all together.

And here's where it gets really cheesy....the ring setting holding the diamonds is actually the 18kt white gold setting that USED to have the CZ's in it... after I had chosen my diamond, we sized out the trillions that would complement my center stone perfectly, and it turns out that they all fit perfectly in my setting, just like it was always destined to be. So really and truly, it was like Cinderella's glass slipper. Lame, I know!!! But life is strange like that sometimes. Go figure, right?! I'm over the moon with happiness that it came out so perfectly...I hope everyone here likes it too!
36.gif

So here are the specs of the center stone:
Shape Radiant (cut corner rectangular modified brilliant)
Cert GIA
Weight 2.00
Color J
Clarity VS1
Polish Very Good
Symmetry Very Good
Fluorescence None
Measurements 8.32 * 6.58 * 4.35
Table 76%
Depth 66.1%

ETA: stats on the diamond trillions - they are .69ctw, I don't know the exact weights on each stone but doing the math, that comes to roughly .35ct each.

For reference, my finger size is 6.25-ish. I have TONS of pictures, so please tell me if anyone is tired of looking at them and I'll stop being a crazy obsessed poster!!!
30.gif

gossamerradiantcloseup.jpg

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Another one, set on an old glass candleholder w/the morning sunlight coming in...

gossamerradiantonglass.jpg

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Taken last night, balanced on a tube of lipgloss! (love the sparkly ones!)

gossamerradiantlipgloss2.jpg

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Another one on the lipgloss...

ETA...sorry, I didn't know the pic was rotated the wrong way and I don't know how to fix it! Aaargh.

gossamerradiantlipgloss3.jpg

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Cute story. WoW! Talk abour blingage!! It''s absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Handshot....ewwww scary winter hands!!! Just focus on the ring, everyone!!!

gossamerradianthandshot.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just the sweetest story! How many men would actually think to do that??? Wow!

Your ring is just gorgeous! I think you did exactly the right thing to be patient and get exactly what you really loved! That is a terrific size for a forever ring!
36.gif

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
With my wedding ring....this is my original wedding ring, it''s just a tiny 18kt white gold eternity band with eensy diamonds, about 1pt each...but I l personally think they go together very nicely even though they''re hardly a "set"! You can also see a little of the warmth of the J color here too, which I just love!

gossamerringset1.jpg

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Another pic with both rings...

gossamerstacklipgloss.jpg

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Resting on the antennae of my stained glass butterfly suncatcher...

gossamerradiantbutterfly2.jpg

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
A bit more close up...

That's all for now!!! I hope you enjoy!!!

gossamerradiantbutterfly1.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet story and husband!! Your ring is gorgeous, and it was definitely meant to be with you. Congrats on finally finding your DREAM ring!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful! What a great surprise that your husband did for you! I am glad that the old cz setting worked perfectly for your gorgeous diamonds!!!!

newbie777

Rough_Rock
Love it! I love how you rested your ring on the sparkle lip gloss... more sparkle!!!
30.gif
Lucky Girl!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, what a wonderful story and hubby you have. Your ring is gorgeous and looks wonderful with you wedding band. Congratulations on finally getting your dream ring!

sabinameister

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet story!! The ring is gorgeous! I would love to see profile pictures too!
30.gif
31.gif
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Love the sweet story and LOVE the ring - it is absolutely gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif
Congratulations
36.gif
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
gossamer- beautiful ring! great hubby too
31.gif
I love that story though... your true dream ring. so cool!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow I just love that ring!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a neat story, I agree it was meant to be if it fit exactly!!! I love Trillion side stones; what a gorgeous ring!!!
30.gif
Many congrats and what a sweet hubby!

2CarrotPrincess

Rough_Rock
What a wonderful story. Your ring is beautiful. I love the radiant trillion combo. Beautiful wedding band too!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I can see why it is your DREAM ring, it is just beyond gorgeous! Love the pics, please keep them coming. You are a fabulous photographer!

Miss Fortune

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations! what a fun story!!!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Kismet! That is a beautiful story, and an equally beautiful ring. Congratulations!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful story!!! Your ring surely is a dream ring. It''s gorgeous!! Love that you were able to use the setting.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
It is very beautiful. Congrats!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
GA,

You could market that story to Disney - it is so perfect!

I am happy you have your dream ring and it IS perfect that you got to use your setting.

Would you post a pic with the before & after. Your wb and orig e-ring and then your wb and new ring! I would love to see your 1ct.

Congratulations!

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
I have a few more pictures!!!

This one''s like "where''s waldo..." ...."where''s the diamond???"

gossamerradiantonbeads.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a great story! And your ring is GORGEOUS! Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results