shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my sapphire!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It''s been about 4 months but I have found my sapphire! She is blue, cushion shaped, just under 1 carat (about 5.5 mm per side) from Sri Lanka and cut in New York. I worked with Julian at Pearlmans to find my sapphire, and Julian was WONDERFUL. I spoke with a few other vendors along the way, and most were very helpful, but nobody compared with Pearlmans! I am so happy that I worked with them. Julian took all the time in the world to answer all my questions and to find out anything that he didn''t know. He never made me feel pressured or like I was taking too long to decide. I am going to have the ring set in the Ritani Endless Love halo, also working with Julian. I cannot wait for the finished product, but in the mean time, here are some pics of my sapphire!

I really appreciate all the help I have gotten from PS, especially LtlFirecracker, Lost Sapphire, Linda, LaurenthePartier, and everyone who has been so helpful during my sapphire search!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I had to get a new camera... my old one could not be repaired. The pics seem better but it''s my first time trying to post... hope this works!

IMG_0397 crop small.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hooray! I posted a pic! Here are more... I hope!

Copy of IMG_0400 crop.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
another - not sure what this spec is in the middle, have never seen that before! Not an inclusion.

Copy of IMG_0416 crop.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to say, I had the sapphire appraised, and my appraisor said it was one of the cleanest sapphires she has seen! (clarity wise!)

IMG_0419 crop.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
One reason I chose this stone is that I love how much sparkle it has in just about every lighting condition - indoors and out.

Copy of IMG_0432 crop2.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Originally i had been looking for a larger sapphire. I was just not able to find one that I liked as much as this one that was bigger and also within my budget... so I decided size was not as important as the other factors. I think it will have lots of impact in a halo setting!

Copy of IMG_0435 crop.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty sapphire! Like the sparkly blue color. Looking forward to seeing it set and on your finger!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH it is gorgeous
30.gif
I love love love the color!!! Julian did a fantastic job finding that beauty for you TDM. How long will it take to have it set??? I can''t wait to see your hand shots
36.gif

Linda

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
A handshot - size 6 ish fingers, just over 1 carat e-ring.

I think that''s it for now!

IMG_0360 crop.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Linda and Fly Girl!!! I love the color too! It will be around a month for the setting. I need to send the sapphire back to them so it can be set, and I''ve been hanging onto it so I could take some pics with the new camera!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like a good size sapphire too. It looks like a carat or so.

Linda

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thank you SDL!!

Linda, yes! It is just under 1 carat (I think 0.99). It really is a nice size I think! Not huge, but not tiny either.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely! I love the color!!

Do you have closer handshots somewhere of your wedding set?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! Can''t wait to see the finished project!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi Freke! Thanks! I do have an old thread of my wedding set, but the pics aren''t that great... let me resize another hand shot here for ya. I should have cleaned my diamond first. It''s a 1.12 round diamond, I think it''s H or I, SI1, not ideal cut (pre-pricescope) but I love it! The setting is Vatche X Prong in Platinum and the wedding band is a plain 3 mm comfort fit band.

IMG_0405 crop small.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
a side view with creepy looking knuckle hair

IMG_0407 crop.JPG

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Freke, let me know if you want to see any more pics of my w-set, I can crop/resize a few more from the handshots of the sapphire...

Thanks Kelli!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks TDM!!!That''s perfect!! I just wanted to see the diamond real estate coverage/ratio. I really appreciate you posting those for me. Thank you!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color, it''s beautiful and I can''t wait to see it set!
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
TDM- it''s fabulous. I am definitely loving that color! It''s going to rock that ritani setting- that will definitely make it POP
18.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a heavenly shade of blue! Congratulations!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that shade of blue, soooo swooonable! hehe Love it TDM
35.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is one beautiful stone!

Congratulations!

Lupinbunny

Rough_Rock
Oo! It''s stunning!

*jealous*

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 2:46:24 PM
Author: TanDogMom
I had to get a new camera... my old one could not be repaired. The pics seem better but it's my first time trying to post... hope this works!

AWWWWWW too bad Sorry for your luck!
2.gif

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!Congratulations on the new sapphire. The colour is stupendous!

Can you post a pic of the Ritani setting you're using?

Welcome to the BLUE BLINGALUSCIOUS BUNCH!

LS

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely Lovely ! ! !

Is that a Vatche x-prong? Royal or regular?

Gorgeous.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty blue, I bet you are excited!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! That is a stunning stone. I love the color... so vivid!! Can''t wait to see the finished piece!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Freke, you are quite welcome! I hope it helped. If you want any other views let me know, I''ll do my best.

Catmom, thank you so much! Your compliment means a lot since you have wonderful taste!

Icekid, thank you! I am so excited to have it set. I have always liked the Ritani setting and never thought I''d have one of my own... hooray! I LOVE that green stone in your avatar! Is it peridot? I''ll have to search and see if you have a thread on it! I haven''t been around here much lately. It looks like a great cut and has so many interesting colors showing in it!

Madame Bijoux, thank you so much!

Skippy, thanks friend! I love the turtle pics you posted by the way - SO adorable!!

Pandora, Thank you very much! I really appreciate your help on my prior threads too.

Lupinbunny, thank you!

LostSapphire, thanks so much! I will post that Ritani in a minute. Your last post to me was really helpful. Thank you again. You asked me to think about if I had my ideal stone in my hand, how would it compare to the one that I actually had. When I thought it over, what came into my head is "my ideal stone IS the one that I am holding in my hand." That''s when I knew I was ready to buy it. So, thank you again for all your helpful thoughts. I LOVE YOUR NEW RING by the way!!!

hi Sonoma County! Are you up there in wine country? Love it up there! My e-ring is the Vatche X Prong, regular (not royal). I should have cleaned it - maybe when I get my sapphire ring I''ll do a shoot of my collection now that I have a better camera. If you want to see great pics of the Vatche X Prong check out Ellen''s. Her wedding set and her photography are awesome!

Omieluv, thank you!

Portia, thanks! I can''t wait to see it either!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results