shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my sapphire!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
TanDogMom, that blue shade of your sapphire is to die for - it''s amazing. I can''t wait to see the finished product - my sapphire just headed off to be set too!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 6:34:18 PM
Author: icekid
Date: 9/8/2008 9:03:42 PM

Author: TanDogMom

Icekid, thank you! I am so excited to have it set. I have always liked the Ritani setting and never thought I'd have one of my own... hooray! I LOVE that green stone in your avatar! Is it peridot? I'll have to search and see if you have a thread on it! I haven't been around here much lately. It looks like a great cut and has so many interesting colors showing in it!

TDM- how exciting that your stone is off for setting! How did the palladium pricing compare w/ the platinum vs. white gold? I'll be curious to hear how you like it. You and that fabulous blue... making me crave a sapphire even more
11.gif

My new avatar is a lighter-ish tone tsavorite by CWMNBN. The upside to having a slightly lighter tone tsav is that is has so much dispersion; gives off lots of colorful fire! There is a thread a bit back about 'help me set my green and pink rocks' or something like that. Of course, I STILL haven't decided how I want to set it (nor my pink spinel for that matter). I am soo indecisive.

hi Icekid! Oh, that's really neat, I did not know that tsavs came in that pretty color! I really like it! I'm not familiar with your cutter/vendor - what is CWMNBN? AND you got a pink spinel? Cool!

At the time that I finalized my purchase, palladium was pretty close to white gold in price, with platinum running quite a bit more. However, when I was shopping around casually a few months back, it seemed like palladium was priced just a bit below platinum. I know that metal prices change frequently (with the different metals changing at different rates) and also, the different setting companies may have purchased the raw materials previously at a lower or higher price than the current market. This is a longwinded way of me saying that you have to ask for a real-time quote since things change so fast! :)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/11/2008 10:39:23 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
TanDogMom, that blue shade of your sapphire is to die for - it''s amazing. I can''t wait to see the finished product - my sapphire just headed off to be set too!

Thank you brown.eyed.girl! I really like the setting you chose - saw your thread just now! You will have a beautiful ring! Can;t wait to see pics!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2008 7:39:36 PM
Author: LostSapphire

Date: 9/8/2008 2:46:24 PM
I had to get a new camera... my old one could not be repaired. The pics seem better but it''s my first time trying to post... hope this works!

AWWWWWW too bad Sorry for your luck!
2.gif

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!Congratulations on the new sapphire. The colour is stupendous!

Can you post a pic of the Ritani setting you''re using?

Welcome to the BLUE BLINGALUSCIOUS BUNCH!

LS

LOL! I hope to be part of that bunch soon too! What a gorgeous Sapphire...... It GLOWS!!!
18.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/12/2008 5:32:23 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Date: 9/8/2008 7:39:36 PM

Author: LostSapphire

Date: 9/8/2008 2:46:24 PM

I had to get a new camera... my old one could not be repaired. The pics seem better but it's my first time trying to post... hope this works!

AWWWWWW too bad Sorry for your luck!
2.gif

WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!Congratulations on the new sapphire. The colour is stupendous!

Can you post a pic of the Ritani setting you're using?

Welcome to the BLUE BLINGALUSCIOUS BUNCH!

LS

LOL! I hope to be part of that bunch soon too! What a gorgeous Sapphire...... It GLOWS!!!
18.gif

thank you so much!! cannot wait to see your beautiful stone set too! It will be a blue sapphire party over here on colored stones! (It already is!)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Quick update, (well a non-update), I mailed my stone registered on Monday and it still has not arrived. I know it can take a week or more so I''m not worried (yet), just a tad concerned. The sooner it gets to Pearlmans, the sooner it gets to Ritani, and the sooner it comes back to me! I sent it insured and everything but I would be so upset if it were lost - it was so hard to find it and I would hate to start over! I am sure it will get there in the next few days.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
You sapphire is such a beautiful blue! I love it! Hoping that is has arrived safely at Pearlmans by now, and will be back to you soon (so we can see pics!)

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how I missed this post before, because I''d been waiting to see what you ended up with! That sapphire is so beautiful! I love the color of it and the cut is absolutely perfect!!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Im late to this thread, Gail, but I just want to say congrats on your GAWGEOUS new sapphire!!! I cant wait to see it set! You must be soo excited!!!!!
36.gif

And I hope all is well with you too!!!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results