shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my sapphire!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Eee that is one gorgeous sapphire! I love the deep blue, that''s my favorite shade. I can''t wait to see what it looks like in the setting. I love the Ritani Endless Love halo.

Pieface

Shiny_Rock
WOW! The bar is getting so high in here now
10.gif

Beautiful stone TDM, congratulations! I look forward to seeing the finished piece, it will be stunning!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I tried to bold everyone''s names in the above post and could NOT make it work. Oh well!

So I don''t have a pic of the cushion Ritani setting but it is similar to the asscher one, 4th picture in at the ritani site

http://ritani.com/collections/view/3

Here is a pic of the entire collection

ritanisept08.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Monkey Pie and PieFace (that's a lot of pie! Yum!)I really appreciate your compliments, thank you so much!

The Ritani pic posted better than I thought. It is nice that they make the setting to your exact stone, so it should hug the curves of my cushion cut. I just fell in love with that cushion shape and really wanted it for my RHR.

I ordered the Ritani in palladium. I plan to wear it next to a very thin plat eternity band that I have. I hope it will look almost like a split shank! I would have ordered the Ritani in plat but it was just out of budget, but I am very excited for the palladium.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 9:03:42 PM
Author: TanDogMom

LostSapphire, thanks so much! I will post that Ritani in a minute. Your last post to me was really helpful. Thank you again. You asked me to think about if I had my ideal stone in my hand, how would it compare to the one that I actually had. When I thought it over, what came into my head is 'my ideal stone IS the one that I am holding in my hand.' That's when I knew I was ready to buy it. So, thank you again for all your helpful thoughts.
You are SO very welcome! I am happy to have been a tiny bit of help in your quest for "the one" and it looks like you've found your own blueberry! It looks fabulous.

LS

ETA: funny, mine took about 4 months as well!

E B

Ideal_Rock
TDM,

Your new sapphire is GORGEOUS! And set in the Ritani Endless Love halo? I am so. jealous. It is going to be one stunning ring.

I can''t wait for photos!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
TDM~ I don''t post in this thread often, but HOLY BLUE!! I absolutely LOVE that color! I''ve seen very few sapphire sparklers like that!! Congratulations to you for such a find!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hey there!!!! That is one pretty stone. I am so happy for you!! That was worth the wait.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

You know what? I love that setting, that is the one I want to do. I thought it only came in plat. I didn''t realize there were other choices. I am going to wait until I finish residency to reset it though, this is not a good time in my life for pave. For now, I will just have to look at pics of yours.
30.gif

Well, I hope to see lots of pics of it set. It is a really pretty stone. Congrats.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
----hi Sonoma County! Are you up there in wine country? Love it up there!----

I used to live there but am in NY now. How I miss it. Thanks for asking.

You know, I'm sorry, I just saw you stated that earlier in this thread. I adore the Vatche x-prong - elegant, classic yet modern.

I'll go look for Ellen's Vatche.

Congrats on the new Blue Beauty. And, a cushion, no less. It's fabulous ! ! This will truly be a stunner in a Ritani.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 9:26:57 PM
Author: LostSapphire

LostSapphire, thanks so much! I will post that Ritani in a minute. Your last post to me was really helpful. Thank you again. You asked me to think about if I had my ideal stone in my hand, how would it compare to the one that I actually had. When I thought it over, what came into my head is ''my ideal stone IS the one that I am holding in my hand.'' That''s when I knew I was ready to buy it. So, thank you again for all your helpful thoughts.

You are SO very welcome! I am happy to have been a tiny bit of help in your quest for ''the one'' and it looks like you''ve found your own blueberry! It looks fabulous.

LS

Funny that LtlSapphire took about 4 months to find hers too if I am remembering right! I''m so glad that we have all found our stones! I took mine to the post office today, sad to see her go but glad she is on her way to becoming a beautiful ring. I remember your "ring in waiting" thread - that''s how I feel too!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 9:27:22 PM
Author: EBree
TDM,

Your new sapphire is GORGEOUS! And set in the Ritani Endless Love halo? I am so. jealous. It is going to be one stunning ring.

I can''t wait for photos!

Thank you very much EBree! I can hardly believe my good luck. This is my last piece of jewelry for a LONG time (well I say that now
31.gif
)

I remember you were talking about a half bezel ring a while back, right? Did you decide what to get? I think it was for your anniversary? Sorry if I missed it - I haven''t been around PS much lately!

Weren''t we also talking about Coach wallets a while back? Did you end up getting the wallet that I have? If so I hope you are enjoying it! I think you may also have been looking at a new purse if I remember right? I hope you had a Coach-a-licious summer :)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 9:46:16 PM
Author: somethingshiny
TDM~ I don''t post in this thread often, but HOLY BLUE!! I absolutely LOVE that color! I''ve seen very few sapphire sparklers like that!! Congratulations to you for such a find!

Thank you so much SomethingShiny!

Luckily I was not in a hurry with this project (it''s for a big b-day but I started ridiculously early) and it took a while to figure out exactly what I wanted, what was available, and what to look for in a sapphire. I learned so much! Especially, that no stone is perfect and that there will always be some tradeoffs if you have a budget. They are just not graded like diamonds so it''s harder to compare one with another. Each has its own character. I''m so happy with mine and I''m also happy with the photos. Usually I end up posting nondescript blobs so I''m glad to finally have some decent pics to contribute.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 10:48:54 PM

Thank you very much EBree! I can hardly believe my good luck. This is my last piece of jewelry for a LONG time (well I say that now
31.gif
)

I remember you were talking about a half bezel ring a while back, right? Did you decide what to get? I think it was for your anniversary? Sorry if I missed it - I haven''t been around PS much lately!

Weren''t we also talking about Coach wallets a while back? Did you end up getting the wallet that I have? If so I hope you are enjoying it! I think you may also have been looking at a new purse if I remember right? I hope you had a Coach-a-licious summer :)

I''m actually having a sapphire and diamond band made for our anniversary! The order is in, and I''m waiting for CADs this week. I''m so excited!

As for the Coach wallet, I ended up getting the Bleecker Checkbook in magenta as a birthday gift. It''s big, but I love it!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi LtlFirecracker!
35.gif

I have so enjoyed our conversations about sapphires these past few months! I think my sapphire is actually quite similar in color to yours, just a bit smaller. If you get the Ritani also we will truly be ring twins! I think we are earring twins too right?

I thought Ritani was only available in plat also, but I was pleasantly surprised to learn that they will do white gold or palladium also! I will let you know what I think of the palladium! I just could not make the plat fit into my budget. After asking PS, my appraiser, and Julian what they thought about palladium, I feel really good about going with it. The only downsides to pd are things that do not bother me. Several designers including Scott Kay are starting to use it now. It seems to be priced more like white gold than platinum (at least when I inquired), although of course metal prices change all the time.

I''m guessing as a resident you work with your hands a lot. When you are in practice, will you be working with your hands less? Or will you just have more free time to enjoy wearing pave while you are not at work? I really love your current X prong setting, but if you do go Pave, that would be a great graduation present to yourself! (I am a bad influence.)

If you decide to go Ritani, I would highly recommend calling Pearlmans! I checked a few places for the price and theirs was the best. Also I cannot say enough about the customer service and how great it was. I was not sure if I would be able to get a sapphire ring with a halo within my budget especially being as picky as I am about settings, but I am so happy that it will work out - even better than I had hoped.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 10:55:50 PM
Author: EBree
Date: 9/8/2008 10:48:54 PM

31.gif
)

I''m actually having a sapphire and diamond band made for our anniversary! The order is in, and I''m waiting for CADs this week. I''m so excited!

As for the Coach wallet, I ended up getting the Bleecker Checkbook in magenta as a birthday gift. It''s big, but I love it!

Oh cool! That sounds like a great anniv gift! I cannot wait to see it! Happy birthday too! Glad you like your wallet :)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 10:03:27 PM
Author: sonomacounty
----hi Sonoma County! Are you up there in wine country? Love it up there!----

I used to live there but am in NY now. How I miss it. Thanks for asking.

You know, I'm sorry, I just saw you stated that earlier in this thread. I adore the Vatche x-prong - elegant, classic yet modern.

I'll go look for Ellen's Vatche.

Congrats on the new Blue Beauty. And, a cushion, no less. It's fabulous ! ! This will truly be a stunner in a Ritani.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

No need to apologize - I do that all the time, and glad to talk about Vatche all day long! I really love the setting. It is just what I wanted. (It was a reset - my first setting had some problems with small stones coming out, so I got to choose my solitaire with DH.) My DH loves it too. I've had it about 2 or 3 years now and have never had any troubles with it. I love how it is not too thick or too thin, very comfy to wear, and classic without being boring. I hope you found Ellen's pics because her ring is amazing and her pics do the setting much more justice than mine do!

ETA So sad that you had to leave wine country... I hope you like NY also. I've only ever been to NYC but I loved it. (Oh, and drove thru the western part of the state but didn't get to see much.)

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hey there,

You will have to tell me how the ring turns out, if the price and quality are right, than it may be doable. I would really like to have that setting. Yes I think we have the same earrings. So if you get a Tsav than we will really be twins (I can be just as bad of an influence)
31.gif

To answer you question about my job, both. I do a lot more procedures now than I will do in attending world woking in a clinic and I have no free time. I think it has been established that I sould not wear my Tsav to work
8.gif

I think I just wrote in my other post that I have been thinking about using Pearlman''s for the last couple weeks. Nice to see you were working with them and had such a good experience.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Ltlfirecracker, I will definitely let you know what I think of the pd! The price was less than I thought. It is definitely worth calling and asking. I seriously cannot say enough good things about Pearlmans. I think it was the best experience I have had shopping for anything. I am pretty picky, and Julian always made me feel like it was a pleasure to help me create my ring (not like I was bothering him with too many questions). I never felt pressured or rushed in any way. I cannot say enough good things about the process, seriously!

So, sounds like residency is keeping you pretty busy! Several of my good friends are MDs (most finished within the last year or two or are doing fellowships) so I am pretty familiar with the grueling schedule. What is your specialty (if you want to say - no worries if you don't!) How many years [til you get your Ritani] I mean til you graduate?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
fantastic colour TDM, I can''t wait to see it set !
36.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 11:27:25 PM
Ltlfirecracker, I will definitely let you know what I think of the pd! The price was less than I thought. It is definitely worth calling and asking. I seriously cannot say enough good things about Pearlmans. I think it was the best experience I have had shopping for anything. I am pretty picky, and Julian always made me feel like it was a pleasure to help me create my ring (not like I was bothering him with too many questions). I never felt pressured or rushed in any way. I cannot say enough good things about the process, seriously!

So, sounds like residency is keeping you pretty busy! Several of my good friends are MDs (most finished within the last year or two or are doing fellowships) so I am pretty familiar with the grueling schedule. What is your specialty (if you want to say - no worries if you don''t!) How many years [til you get your Ritani] I mean til you graduate?
You have to let me know for sure! I am glad you had such a good experience there.

The last couple months have been crazy, but my schedule changes month to month. I don''t think I want to say my speciality right now because I am worried it would give too much personal info about me being I talk about where I live all the time. This is my last year of training, next year I will probably be more willing to say what I do.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, this is going to be one pretty ring!!
36.gif

LOVE that color, just yummy. Congrats on finding it Gail!! Can''t wait to see the finished product.
30.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 11:41:58 PM
Author: arjunajane
fantastic colour TDM, I can''t wait to see it set !
36.gif

Thanks very much ArjunaJane!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 7:43:47 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Date: 9/8/2008 11:27:25 PM

So, sounds like residency is keeping you pretty busy! Several of my good friends are MDs (most finished within the last year or two or are doing fellowships) so I am pretty familiar with the grueling schedule. What is your specialty (if you want to say - no worries if you don't!) How many years [til you get your Ritani] I mean til you graduate?

You have to let me know for sure! I am glad you had such a good experience there.

The last couple months have been crazy, but my schedule changes month to month. I don't think I want to say my speciality right now because I am worried it would give too much personal info about me being I talk about where I live all the time. This is my last year of training, next year I will probably be more willing to say what I do.

Oh, yeah, I didn't realize that you had said where you live - I wouldn't want to give that much personal info either then. I'm the same way, since I've said where I live I don't think I've said what kind of work DH or I do - just because you never know who may lurk and their intentions. Well, congrats on being in your last year, that's awesome! So are you job hunting now? I hope that's going well!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 8:41:42 AM
Author: Ellen
Oooooh, this is going to be one pretty ring!!
36.gif

LOVE that color, just yummy. Congrats on finding it Gail!! Can''t wait to see the finished product.
30.gif

Thanks so much Ellen! It''s nice to "see" you again!
35.gif
(I know you''ve been here, I''ve been absentee!)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
WOWZA! What a gorgeous blue!!!! Can''t wait to see the finished piece!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 10:04:26 AM

Thanks so much Ellen! It''s nice to ''see'' you again!
35.gif
(I know you''ve been here, I''ve been absentee!)
Yes, it''s good to see you!
2.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2008 10:45:47 PM

Date: 9/8/2008 9:26:57 PM
Author: LostSapphire

LostSapphire, thanks so much! I will post that Ritani in a minute. Your last post to me was really helpful. Thank you again. You asked me to think about if I had my ideal stone in my hand, how would it compare to the one that I actually had. When I thought it over, what came into my head is ''my ideal stone IS the one that I am holding in my hand.'' That''s when I knew I was ready to buy it. So, thank you again for all your helpful thoughts.
You are SO very welcome! I am happy to have been a tiny bit of help in your quest for ''the one'' and it looks like you''ve found your own blueberry! It looks fabulous.
LS
Funny that LtlSapphire took about 4 months to find hers too if I am remembering right! I''m so glad that we have all found our stones! I took mine to the post office today, sad to see her go but glad she is on her way to becoming a beautiful ring. I remember your ''ring in waiting'' thread - that''s how I feel too!

Looks like FOUR MONTHS is the magic number!

LS

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Come visit us in the WWT sometime, we miss you!! I can''t wait to see how you set your gorgeous stone, I want one!
39.gif
3.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
GeckoDani, thanks so much!

Ellen, thanks again - nice to see you too! I think you should get a sapphire too so we can continue being jewelry twins :) I hope you are enjoying your scattered band and your beautiful Aqua!

LostSapphire, I guess 4 is the magic number! I''ll have to keep that in mind if I shop for any colored stones again. I can''t believe how much I learned and how much more there is to know.

Skippy, I will try and head over there! I hope all the WWTers are doing well!

icekid

Ideal_Rock

Icekid, thank you! I am so excited to have it set. I have always liked the Ritani setting and never thought I''d have one of my own... hooray! I LOVE that green stone in your avatar! Is it peridot? I''ll have to search and see if you have a thread on it! I haven''t been around here much lately. It looks like a great cut and has so many interesting colors showing in it!
TDM- how exciting that your stone is off for setting! How did the palladium pricing compare w/ the platinum vs. white gold? I''ll be curious to hear how you like it. You and that fabulous blue... making me crave a sapphire even more
11.gif

My new avatar is a lighter-ish tone tsavorite by CWMNBN. The upside to having a slightly lighter tone tsav is that is has so much dispersion; gives off lots of colorful fire! There is a thread a bit back about "help me set my green and pink rocks" or something like that. Of course, I STILL haven''t decided how I want to set it (nor my pink spinel for that matter). I am soo indecisive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results