shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my dream asscher (Distinctive gems)

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I've been waiting to post this until the stone was cut and videos were taken, so ITS TIME!

I've wanted an Octavia for years now. I got a moissanite "Octavia" and love it, but have always wanted the real thing. Sadly, the cheapest Octavia is 11-12k, which I just cant do.

Enter Jonathan from Distinctive gems. I spoke to him about trying to source an asscher with a small table and large depth. He shared that he was in the process of designing a new cut that combines the visible steps of a traditional asscher with the fire of cuts like octavia.

He sent me these renderings and I basically died.

Screenshot_20210526-081501_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210526-081511_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210526-081506_Instagram.jpg

So I took a leap and put a deposit down for the FIRST one to be cut.

A few days ago, Jon got my stone! Here are the videos he posted on IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPHM-yXjuLD/?utm_medium=copy_link

And https://www.instagram.com/p/CPKO4-Gjq-D/?utm_medium=copy_link

He also sent me these: https://api1.v360.in/viewer/265_LGAVASSCHER175GVVS2

And LOOK at this!!!!

image006.jpg
I just freaking cant. Its perfect and I Iove it so much. IMHO it has the fire and angles i love about the Octavia plus the visible steps that make me love traditional asschers.

I cant wait to see it IRL and cant thank @Rhino enough. My dream asscher stone is a reality!!! Obviously I'll post a thousand more pics/videos when I get it, but thought after weeks of keeping it under wraps it was finally time to share w PS. Thank you to @YadaYadaYada for helping me offline :) and @Simple and Sparkly for being helpful thinking through potential options

Absolutely beautiful!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: WHoA! That stone.:love:
Yeah, we're going to need video with those pictures.
Vi-deee-ooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: WHoA! That stone.:love:
Yeah, we're going to need video with those pictures.
Vi-deee-ooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I dont have the stone yet. See Jonathan's videos for eye candy :) I'm having them replace my current "octavia like" moissy w the new lab stone from Distinctive

ksluice

Brilliant_Rock
:kiss2: what wonderfully shocking sparkles. I love the setting too, especially with the nice cut corners! Prongs at the corners can make the stone look square rather wonderfully octagonal.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous! Congrats!!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous Lovedogs! I am so excited for you! And I think it will look gorgeous in that setting. You will be staring at it all day long...

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
I love it! Added bonus is your getting it from Jonathan, which gives you assurance that it is a N I C E stone.

I can't wait to see it when you have it in person--c o n g r a t u l a t I o n s!

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Oh, my.......at this rate, I just might as well set it up for all my income to go straight to Jonathon!

THIS made me smile, as I can relate :). When you find a vendor that consistently delivers, stick with them! Jonathan is SO good!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, I am so excited that a PS member snagged this stone! <3

After seeing the videos posted on IG I messaged Jon and asked if my self-determined budget for a lab grown 8.5-9mm (not exactly sure how the carat weight measures up against those dimensions for this type of stone) would be enough for snagging one of these for my 10 year anniversary ring next year, and he thinks so. I am 100% on board to up my budget if I need to because this is STUNNING, and this is likely the closest I'll get to an Octavia.

The setting your moissy was in will be just stunning for showing off that new asscher from Jon! Thank you for sharing this journey with us, can't wait to hear your thoughts once it is on your finger. ^_^

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I was never really a fan of the Asscher cut, but I gotta say, after seeing this new Heritage Asscher cut from DG, I'm totally blown away.
Jon and crew have hit a home run so far out of the park that it's now the sixth moon of Pluto!

Huge, huge congratulations to you and to DG for this amazing creation!

Now if you'll please excuse me, I have to go find my jaw...it's been AWOL since it hit the floor.

Stardusted

Rough_Rock
I've been waiting to post this until the stone was cut and videos were taken, so ITS TIME!

I've wanted an Octavia for years now. I got a moissanite "Octavia" and love it, but have always wanted the real thing. Sadly, the cheapest Octavia is 11-12k, which I just cant do.

Enter Jonathan from Distinctive gems. I spoke to him about trying to source an asscher with a small table and large depth. He shared that he was in the process of designing a new cut that combines the visible steps of a traditional asscher with the fire of cuts like octavia.

He sent me these renderings and I basically died.

Screenshot_20210526-081501_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210526-081511_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210526-081506_Instagram.jpg

So I took a leap and put a deposit down for the FIRST one to be cut.

A few days ago, Jon got my stone! Here are the videos he posted on IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPHM-yXjuLD/?utm_medium=copy_link

And https://www.instagram.com/p/CPKO4-Gjq-D/?utm_medium=copy_link

He also sent me these: https://api1.v360.in/viewer/265_LGAVASSCHER175GVVS2

And LOOK at this!!!!

image006.jpg
I just freaking cant. Its perfect and I Iove it so much. IMHO it has the fire and angles i love about the Octavia plus the visible steps that make me love traditional asschers.

I cant wait to see it IRL and cant thank @Rhino enough. My dream asscher stone is a reality!!! Obviously I'll post a thousand more pics/videos when I get it, but thought after weeks of keeping it under wraps it was finally time to share w PS. Thank you to @YadaYadaYada for helping me offline :) and @Simple and Sparkly for being helpful thinking through potential options

Somewhere, over the rainbow! So beautiful!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its hereeeee! @Ella am I allowed to post an MMD stone in SMTB? if not I'll upload here.

Sadly ring has to go back bc the prongs were white gold but during the polishing process were turned back to yellow gold. So Jon and team is going to redip the prongs and "donut" and then send back.

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its hereeeee! @Ella am I allowed to post an MMD stone in SMTB? if not I'll upload here.

Sadly ring has to go back bc the prongs were white gold but during the polishing process were turned back to yellow gold. So Jon and team is going to redip the prongs and "donut" and then send back.

I can't wait to see it. Yay!

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs EEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! Whether or not you can make a SMTB thread, you MUST post this beauty immediately here- we cannot wait any longer :love::love:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Simple and Sparkly

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs It looks completely and perfectly at home on your hand!!! So happy that you finally got your dream! It is gorgeous and may you wear it with lots of smiles each day!! Woohoo!:appl:

olliejames

Rough_Rock
I have been stalking this thread in anticipation of your pictures. It looks amazing! Love the compass setting to show off those corners!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, so glad you put up pictures! This is just amazing, what a performer, it really is a treat for the eyes. Also gotta say, love the one with the pupster, adorable!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, so glad you put up pictures! This is just amazing, what a performer, it really is a treat for the eyes. Also gotta say, love the one with the pupster, adorable!

That's my favorite pic, of course

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ps. Any blue tint is the stone reflecting my phone's bright blue case Haha

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous! And I love the compass prongs!:clap:

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock

So, what happens to the moissy Octavia?
Am I being too obvious? I've really started to like the darned things.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, what happens to the moissy Octavia?
Am I being too obvious? I've really started to like the darned things.

Haha I think I'll keep it, as it will likely be my only "octavia" like cut :)

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
it's just the craziest thing. It's like a hall of mirrors in the middle but then suuuuper sparkly on the outside. I really do think it's like a combo of the octavia + regular asscher.

Good description! It's crazy beautiful. If that were on my hand, I would get nothing done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results