shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing my dream asscher (Distinctive gems)

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I've been waiting to post this until the stone was cut and videos were taken, so ITS TIME!

I've wanted an Octavia for years now. I got a moissanite "Octavia" and love it, but have always wanted the real thing. Sadly, the cheapest Octavia is 11-12k, which I just cant do.

Enter Jonathan from Distinctive gems. I spoke to him about trying to source an asscher with a small table and large depth. He shared that he was in the process of designing a new cut that combines the visible steps of a traditional asscher with the fire of cuts like octavia.

He sent me these renderings and I basically died.

Screenshot_20210526-081501_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210526-081511_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210526-081506_Instagram.jpg

So I took a leap and put a deposit down for the FIRST one to be cut.

A few days ago, Jon got my stone! Here are the videos he posted on IG: https://www.instagram.com/p/CPHM-yXjuLD/?utm_medium=copy_link

And https://www.instagram.com/p/CPKO4-Gjq-D/?utm_medium=copy_link

He also sent me these: https://api1.v360.in/viewer/265_LGAVASSCHER175GVVS2

And LOOK at this!!!!

image006.jpg
I just freaking cant. Its perfect and I Iove it so much. IMHO it has the fire and angles i love about the Octavia plus the visible steps that make me love traditional asschers.

I cant wait to see it IRL and cant thank @Rhino enough. My dream asscher stone is a reality!!! Obviously I'll post a thousand more pics/videos when I get it, but thought after weeks of keeping it under wraps it was finally time to share w PS. Thank you to @YadaYadaYada for helping me offline :) and @Simple and Sparkly for being helpful thinking through potential options

Absolutely beautiful!

ksluice

Shiny_Rock
:kiss2: what wonderfully shocking sparkles. I love the setting too, especially with the nice cut corners! Prongs at the corners can make the stone look square rather wonderfully octagonal.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous Lovedogs! I am so excited for you! And I think it will look gorgeous in that setting. You will be staring at it all day long...

lindam1503

Rough_Rock
I love it! Added bonus is your getting it from Jonathan, which gives you assurance that it is a N I C E stone.

I can't wait to see it when you have it in person--c o n g r a t u l a t I o n s!

vintageinjune

Shiny_Rock
OMG, I am so excited that a PS member snagged this stone! <3

After seeing the videos posted on IG I messaged Jon and asked if my self-determined budget for a lab grown 8.5-9mm (not exactly sure how the carat weight measures up against those dimensions for this type of stone) would be enough for snagging one of these for my 10 year anniversary ring next year, and he thinks so. I am 100% on board to up my budget if I need to because this is STUNNING, and this is likely the closest I'll get to an Octavia.

The setting your moissy was in will be just stunning for showing off that new asscher from Jon! Thank you for sharing this journey with us, can't wait to hear your thoughts once it is on your finger. ^_^

DejaWiz

Shiny_Rock
I was never really a fan of the Asscher cut, but I gotta say, after seeing this new Heritage Asscher cut from DG, I'm totally blown away.
Jon and crew have hit a home run so far out of the park that it's now the sixth moon of Pluto!

Huge, huge congratulations to you and to DG for this amazing creation!

Now if you'll please excuse me, I have to go find my jaw...it's been AWOL since it hit the floor.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Father's Day Jewelry: 2021
    Father's Day Jewelry: 2021
    Diamond Prices - June 2021
    Diamond Prices - June 2021
    Guess What: Dispersion and Fire Aren't the Same Thing
    Guess What: Dispersion and Fire Aren't the Same Thing

Need expert help finding that diamonds?

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.