shape
carat
color
clarity

introducing... my cushion cut ering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies & gents... If you haven''t read my proposal story, you can do so here.

And now... *drum roll please* my engagement ring! It''s a 1.02 ct cushion, H Si1 with very strong blue fluorence. It is set in 14kt white gold half pave (9 diamonds on each side). I took a setting created by my jeweler, had the head changed and my fiance chose the diamond (I just insisted on a cushion cut, H color or above.)

I''m so in love with this ring. I fall more in love with it every day. Somedays I have slight DSS, and other days I''m like "yowzers, this ring is huge!" It also has a matching band with 22 diamonds.

I hope you enjoy. Please forgive my chubby little fingers. I wear a size 4, but had the ring sized to 4.25, to allow for the days i eat too much salt
5.gif

adubcushion.jpg

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Side view.

adubcushion1.jpg

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
my little surprise engraving. It has a square bottom to keep the ring upright. I was really torn on this and didn''t want the square bottom, but my jeweler and fiance convinced me to give a try and if i didn''t like it, we''d have it rounded. But I''ve decided i like it because it gives it a little character and makes it more unique looking.

adubcushion2.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!
Your ring is lovely, and looks huge on your little finger! The surprise engraving is sweet!
36.gif

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock

adubcushion3.jpg

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
My cute little ring holder that I''ve been wanting for soooo long.. and now i had a reason to buy it!

Unfortunately my brand new camera doesn''t have micro mode (or at least i haven''t found it yet) so it makes it look like crushed ice, but it really looks much more beautiful in person.. promise!

adubcushion5.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, Amy! Congratulations on your engagement! And Happy New Year, too!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous ring Amy :) Love the engraving what a perfect touch :)

I especially love the last shot on the kitty *giggle*

The macro mode on your camera is usually a little flower shaped like a tulip ;-)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From my size 7.25 to your size 4.25 fingers - your fingers do not look chubby.

Your ring is pretty. I like the slightly squared shank and the little bit of engraving!

bfit

Rough_Rock
i don"t see the very strong blue fluorescence>>>

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!Looks so big on your finger, too. Congrats!

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/1/2008 3:46:17 AM
Author: Deelight
gorgeous ring Amy :) Love the engraving what a perfect touch :)

I especially love the last shot on the kitty *giggle*

The macro mode on your camera is usually a little flower shaped like a tulip ;-)
Yes, I know about the tulip.. my dad''s old camera has it, but my sony dsc-t20 doesn''t have the little wheel that you spin around to chose the shooting mode (it''s the camera with the sliding lens cover that you slide downward). I''ve gone through all the settings and still can''t find it. I''ll have to get out the CD-ROM instruction manual that came with it to see if I can find how to switch to that setting, or I''ll just use the old camera.

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/1/2008 8:30:22 AM
Author: bfit
i don''t see the very strong blue fluorescence>>>
It''s the lighting in my kitchen. I wasn''t using a flash. The blue really only shows up under the fluorscence lighting at work. I wouldn''t consider it a "very strong blue" but that''s what the gia report says.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats and enjoy it!

BTW, you do not have chubby fingers!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful cushion, it looks lovely on your hand!!!
30.gif
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous--congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring. The stone looks huge on your finger.

WHERE did you get that kitty ring holder? I think I need one just like that...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and congratulations on your engagement!! Cushions have really become one of my favorite cuts.
30.gif

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/1/2008 11:40:30 AM
Author: EricaR
I love your ring. The stone looks huge on your finger.

WHERE did you get that kitty ring holder? I think I need one just like that...
I work at a pet supply store and we have a little gift section and it was the last one we had. I think they also came in blue and yellow and possibly purple. It''s made by Ganz (the company that makes Webkinz).

I''ve found several similar ones on Ebay. Just search for "Ring Holder, cat"

lxb87

Rough_Rock
Your ring is LOVELY! The band with the center stone look smashing together.
36.gif
Congratulations!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Its really beautiful Amy! Lucky thing! Enjoy
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring and congratulations on your engagement.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Those tiffany settings for rectangularish diamonds are really growing on me.

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/1/2008 7:18:52 PM
Author: lumpkin
Gorgeous! Those tiffany settings for rectangularish diamonds are really growing on me.
Funny you say that, because I actually wanted a Tiffany Novo, but the price tag was WAY too expensive. I took that picture to my jeweler and desribed to him what I really liked about the Novo. I really liked the half pave that can''t be seen from the front and back, how it was set low, and of course the Cushion center stone! Surprisingly he already had this engagement setting and wedding band set sitting in his display case. I asked him to make the prongs & head more like the Novo (which they don''t look at all like the Novo). At first, I didn''t like the milgraining, but my jeweler explained to me how it protected the stones in the band, and how it gave it an "antique" look, which i have to agree with. I really like the combo of the cushion and milgrain now.

Only thing I''m not extremely crazy over is the head & prongs. I feel they are a little more bold and "chunky." I wanted something slimmer and more delicate, but I think because the diamond is beefier with a more rectangular ratio, the thicker prongs were needed.

This is a link to my jeweler''s website www.lamonjewelers.com

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. . . and I love your kitty ring holder
1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I''m glad you and you FI are thrilled with it.

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/2/2008 12:48:58 PM
Author: anchor31
It''s beautiful! I''m glad you and you FI are thrilled with it.
Thank you! I''m still getting use to saying fiance instead of boyfriend... everytime i say Fiance i just giggle, it almost seems like a dream!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful and looks great on you.

jkil0313

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful cushion!!! Congrats. What is the Length x Width Ratio of that cushion? I love the shape

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
How did I miss this beauty??? Better late than never I guess... Congrats on the engagement, and the gorgeous ring...
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results