shape
carat
color
clarity

Totally surprised... I''m engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Yes, that''s right.. I am no longer LIW #53! I was completely blown away by a surprise proposal on Christmas Eve that both my parents were in on (they had a very nasty divorce in 2005, so the fact they were in on it together is a huge milestone in itself).

Jon picked up the ring christmas eve morning as soon as the store opened. I knew about this but wasn''t anticipating a proposal for at least a month. Well, he actually picked up the ring, went home and showed his mom and talked to her about his "plans" then drove 4 hours to NC where I was visiting my entire family (all of my family, except my parents, live in NC). I was doing christmas with my dad''s family when my mom calls and gives me this big story about this cat that a friend of her''s is wanting us to catch that has been dropped out at this building that use to be a beauty salon. Well in this salon is where I took my very first steps. Me, being hormonal thanks to Aunt flow making a visit that morning, I had no desire to go out into the cold to possibly catch a cat. I''m very envolved with pet rescue and I try so hard to "save the world" but on this day it just wasn''t in me. I honestly thought it was just my mom trying to get me away from my Dad so she''d have more time with me. So mom is all bummed out sounding and I tell her i''m sorry but we could go the next day to try to catch the cat.

So about 15 minutes later my Dad comes into the living room and is all "Your mom just called and she''s furious.. i''m taking you over there so get in the car" and he all but shoves me out of the house. So here we go to this place and I''m all mad because he wisks me away from my grandparents and is forcing me to go even though I told my mom no. As you can imagine, i was quite irritated and was really aggrivated at this point.

We''re almost to the building and my dad slows down and makes a call on his phone. He says "we''re almost in sight" and I can hear Jon say "Ok, thanks." and I go, "Dad, was that Jon?" and he makes up some lame excuse about Jon called because my mom called and complained to him. So dad pulls into the parking lot of this building and goes around the side of it and there stands Jon. I go "Why is Jon is here? What''s going on?" Jon is standing there with this huge grin on his face and of course my heart is pounding and I''m thinking "No way.. is he really???"

I open the car door and I''m like "What are you doing here?" Dad goes "get out of the car and find out." so i get out of the car and my dad like speeds off leaving us there. Jon says "This is the place where you took your first steps..." he then starts to gets down on one knee and I start saying "You are not doing this.. oh my gosh... seriously.. you are not doing this." He pops open the ring box and says "Amy Michele, I love you... will you marry me?" I say "Yes, of course I will" and then I kissed him. He''s down on one knee with the ring in my face and I just look at him and say "aren''t you going to put the ring on my finger???"

Tears are streaming down my face, my eyes were so tear filled I couldn''t even see the ring, which i hadn''t seen since they had changed the head on it and set the diamond in it. Jon, wearing a hoodie that I bought him several years ago that I love on him, pulls a small pack of kleenex out of his hoodie pocket and wipes the tears from my face. He says "I knew you''d need these"

We drive back to my grandparents and my grandfather meets me at the door and we hug and cry and it was a really sweet moment. Everyone there already knows what happened and is all excited and congratulating us.

So I ask Jon "Why in the parking lot of this place?" and he''s like "well, it''s the place you took your first steps.. so I wanted it to be the place we take our first steps together."

I promise I''m going to post pictures! It''s just been so much going on the past 2 days, I haven''t even had time. Thank you for letting me share my story! I love you all
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fantastic story!! Congratulations!!!

I think some pics are in order!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
LIW #53? That made me giggle!

What a great story! Congratulations! And, of course, I can''t wait to see the ring!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal! Congratulations and I can''t wait to see the ring!

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/26/2007 8:25:24 PM
Author:amy_dub
''well, it''s the place you took your first steps.. so I wanted it to be the place we take our first steps together.''

That is definitely the cutest thing that I have ever heard! What an amazingly thoughtful proposal!

Jewels305

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement Amy!! What a cute story. I think my favorite part was that he brought kleenex because he knew that you would need them. Can''t wait to see the ring!
12.gif

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations..what a sweet proposal with such sweet words..You made me almost cry when he told you that he wanted to take your first steps together........that is soooo thoughtful and sweet. can''t wait to see pictures....congrats again.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
face16.gif
What a great story, Amy_Dub!!!! Congrats on your engagement, so glad that your parents were both a part of it, and I love the whole part about your first steps being taken in that parking lot and your FI wanting to take your first steps together there too. Yay!
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful proposal!!! Congrats on your engagement!!!
36.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thats such a great proposal story!!! congrats!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great proposal! Congratulations!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I read your proposal at work and was tearing up how beautiful romantic and sweet :)

Congratulations on such a romantic proposal :)

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Great proposal story! So adorable! I''m glad you got in the car with your Dad! LOL! Congrats! Can''t wait for the pics!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
WOW that was so sweet and clever, to think about where you took your first steps and he wanted to start there to... i still have goosebumps!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Your story was so touching! Many congrats, looking forward to seeing your pictures!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
I love that story! Made me a lil'' teary-eyed! Congratulations!

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful proposal story - congratulations! Can''t wait to see the ring photos!

SeeShell

Rough_Rock
Aw, Amy Dub! Such a sweet story!

How was it to come back to your grandparents afterwards? Were they in on it too, or were they surprised as well?

Congratulations!!!
9.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
cute!!! congrats!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Amy! I''m so happy for you, and looking forward to your joining us on the BIW threads one day soon!

amy_dub

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all soo very much! It''s so nice to have you all be so excited with me!

SeeShell - Yes, my grandparents knew all about it too! My dad had clued them in that morning before i got up. So basically everyone knew but me. It was sweet though... I had this really long hug and cry with my grandfather. He and I have always been extremely close.

SDL - I''m sorry to make you cry! I cried so much that day, tears of joy of course :)

I guess the part that touched me the most was the fact that he had kleenex waiting for me.. he knows me all too well
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your lovely surprise engagement! So sweet!

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! What a touching way to propose.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! I hope we''ll see pics of the ring soon!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
That is so adorable! Congratulations!!!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations - sounds like a wonderful end to 2007!!
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results