shape
carat
color
clarity

Introduce yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 24
Him: 24
Started dating: September 2000
How you met: We were in the same class in elementary school!
Expected engagement date: Past due! It was supposed to be May ''07 (we haven''t found the right stone yet) so hopefully we''ll find a rock soon and the engagement will happen some time in the next month...
Anything else you want to add?: I want a rock on my finger already! LOL.
12.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Me: E, 27, PhD student (only nine months left I hope!)
Him: J, 25, engineer, he just handed in his PhD, I''m so proud of him!
Started dating: 2003
How you met: We went to the same university
Expected engagement date: Sometime in 2008 or 2009?
Anything else? I''m getting very fond of Pricescope!

Jenna5366

Rough_Rock
Me: Jennifer, 23
Him: James, 26
Started dating: January 8, 2002
How you met: Through my then-best friend
Expected engagement date: hopefully soon... I may ask him
2.gif

Anything else you want to add?: I''m loving having a place to gush about the proposal, without driving everyone nuts! LOL

Aslynne

Rough_Rock
Me: Ashley, 21, full time student at UWashington
Him: Gram, 23
Started dating: September 2003
How you met: Bowling league...haha, we''re dorks
Expected engagement date: *hopefully* by the end of the year
Anything else? nope.

Ruby Shoes

Rough_Rock
Me: Ruby - 23; Paediatric Nurse
Him: Mark - 27; Owns his own web design business
Started dating: February 2005
How you met: Church
Expected engagement date: Late 2007!
Anything else? I can''t wait to marry my best friend, lover and soul mate :)

Aim_Turbo

Rough_Rock
Me: 30
Him: 28
Started dating: November 11, 2000
How you met: At college, he helped me paint my apartment
Expected engagement date: Hopefully by September..he''s dragging it out to torture me!
Anything else you want to add?: He''s the best guy i could have ever chosen!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Me: 31 (today!)
Him: 39
Started dating: May 2005
How you met: Through a mutual friend
Expected engagement date: Within in the next month! hopefully !!
Anything else you want to add?: I''ve planning to get married in September this year!! It will be a small destination wedding. But I''m still not engaged!

brooksie

Rough_Rock
Me: 31
Him: 32
Started dating: 2000
How we met: College..dated until 2003 when we broke up b/c of distance. We both moved on to serious relationships, but I always thought of him and we continued to keep in touch. We both called it quits in our relationships last year and haven''t looked back since. Happiness is him...and of course sparkly things.
Expected engagement date: No idea, I''ve picked the setting and am waiting for the big question. I told him I didn''t want to know any details after I picked the setting.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 28, R.N.
Him: 28, P.Eng.
Started dating: 2005
How you met: mutual friends
Expected engagement date:
20.gif
If only I knew!! But he's worth the wait. lol.
Anything else you want to add?: Hung out as friends first, then he became my bestfriend, then he gave me the "Why aren't we dating??!" speech (which won me over). It seriously took him 2 years to ask me out...so I'm guessing it might take him 20 years to propose!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Me: 26, Middle School Teacher turned Grad Student
Him: 31, Apple Creative and Graphic Design Genius
Started dating: July 4, 2005
How you met: Working at the Apple Store!
Expected engagement date: Soon. Girl soon?
Anything else you want to add?: We were instant friends at work, and soon he swept me off my feet amidst the iPods. Ah, nerd love.

Annushkas Voyage

Rough_Rock
Me: Anna,25
Him: Tom,34
Started dating: March 3, 2004
How you met: Online
Expected engagement date: Between March and May of 2008...hopefully
Anything else you want to add?: I''m absolutely addicted to this forum. Love looking at all of the rings and learning about everyone''s stories.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 11:01:41 PM
Author: blingergrrrl
Me: 28, R.N., B.N.
Him: 28, P.Eng. and going for his M.B.A.!! Just wanted to update, found out he got in today!
emteeth.gif

Started dating: 2005
How you met: mutual friends
20.gif
If only I knew!! But he's worth the wait. lol.
Anything else you want to add?: Hung out as friends first, then he became my bestfriend, then he gave me the 'Why aren't we dating??!' speech (which won me over). It seriously took him 2 years to ask me out...so I'm guessing it might take him 20 years to propose!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Me: 21, student
Him: 21, student
Started dating: January ''05
How you met: We were in the same Philosophy 101 class. I couldn''t stand him, haha, but it turns out that I just hadn''t figured out his sense of humour yet. We had mutual friends and started hanging out together more and more, and became basically best friends/romantic gurus for each other. We were both completely hung up on/dating other people when we became friends.
Expected engagement date: It''ll be a couple years. We''ve decided not to even start talking about it until we have at least a year of "real world" couple experience. And since I get freaked out by stability/permanence I''m completely thrilled with that choice. Since we want to have our lives fairly on track before we make any major (read: permanent) choices, I''m waiting...just not that hard.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 25 student Class of 2008 B.A. Art, then off to M.A. Architectural Design
Him: 30 student Class of 2010 B.S Mechanical Engineering
Started dating: July 10, 2003
How you met: Match.com
Expected engagement date: Sometime between the beginning of August and the end of this year. I hope he doesn''t wait too long.
Anything else you want to add?: I''m just so grateful we''re still together, and that our love continues to grow in the years to come...

In the rough

Shiny_Rock
Me:27
Started dating: May 2002
How you met:Mutual friend
Expected engagement date: Soon...

tiredtina

Rough_Rock
Me: Tina, 28
Him: Markco, 26
Started dating: November 13, 2004
How you met: Working at a part-time job together
Expected engagement date: Better be by November 13th!!
Anything else you want to add?: He once told me that if we stay together for three years we can get married. Three years is only 4 months away and I am anxious!

stbfyffe

Shiny_Rock
Me: 29
Started dating: August 2004
How you met: his cousin was seeing my cousin
Expected engagement date: by the end of the summer (his words)
Anything else you want to add?: for the first time ever I want summer to end!!

j-squared

Rough_Rock
Me: Jen, 23, graduate student in higher education administration
Him: Rob, 23, service manager at automative shop
Started dating: October 2, 2005
How you met: Freshmen year of college. Short version: Were best friends for 2 years before we kissed. He told me he loved me. I crapped on his heart. Got back with my ex. Went to Europe. Got engaged to my ex. Came home. Missed Rob. Gave the ring back and broke up with the ex. Again. For good. Went back to college in the fall. Lived in the same dorm as Rob. We hung out. Realized I loved him. Hooked up. Told him I loved him. He told me he loved me, too. Moved to Nebraska for grad school. He came, too. I kind of don't deserve him.
Expected engagement date: By the end of the summer (or MAYBE early fall since I keep finding more expensive rings!)
Okay, so this picture is really huge! I'm still learning! And, I just noticed his hands are on my nipples. Sorry about that. I'll try to keep the pics PG from now on!

jenrobwedding.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
I tried to post this when I first joined, but it got deleted, I guess, so here goes another try!

Me:
35 (today!!!) Elementary School Teacher
Him: 40 (soon to be 41) Fire Captain
Started dating: December 1995 for 4 1/2 years, broke up for 6 years, got back together in May 2006
How you met: He let me into the country bar he was moonlighting as a bouncer at with my friend''s fake ID...he doesn''t remember that particular incident, of course, but we became friends, then dance partners, and the rest as they say is history!
Expected engagement date: Any day now...the ring is ready and so am I!!! Arghhh!
Anything else you want to add?: Thanks for everyone''s support on here! You ladies are incredibly awesome, and I have really appreciated all of your wit, wisdom and well wishes!

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Me: Melissa, 25
Him: Dan, 25
Started Dating: 09/2001
How We Met: My good friend in college randomly saw Dan walking around and decided to "be his friend" (stalk him hehe!). After they did become friends, and he turned her down for multiple dates, the chance happened-- he broke up with his gf. That summer we talked every day about relationships and we really started to realize that we have very similar outlooks on life. We started dating a couple weeks after we both returned to campus in the fall.

Expected Engagement: Well, he''ll be starting his residency next fall and tells me that we should be married by then. We are deciding between a court wedding next summer and just having a reception for our 1 year anniversary, or doing it all at once next summer and just doing it all on a smaller and less expensive scale. His mom thinks if we do it the first way it won''t be as special. Who knows!? Anyways, I just paid for the diamond TODAY from James Allen and he bought the setting last week! However, he told me that when it comes back in one piece, I can''t see it. So apparently, there''s a surprise in my future.

n7923553_31005141_3699.jpg

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Me: 22 grad student
Him: 22 software engineer
Started dating: January 2004
How you met: friend of a friend
Expected engagement date: i would have said weeks, if not months ago - so who knows
7.gif

Anything else?: this isn't much fun anymore!

WhataSha

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

Me: Marianne, 26
Him: Todd (my kins!), 27
Started dating: February 26th, 2005
How you met: Set up
Expected engagement date: Hmm.. Don''t get me started
20.gif

Anything else?: I''m just happy there are others like me.. I have the greatest guy in the world and sometimes I feel so selfish. I know he picked my tacori and my diamond.. why can''t I just be happy knowing he''s working on it!? sigh.. It''s not easy being female.

Jewlz0718

Rough_Rock
Me: 22
Him: 35
Started dating: January 2004
How you met: work
Expected engagement date: he says by our next anniversary...January 2nd
1.gif

Anything else?: It''s nice having others around for support... I have to be patient...

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
Me: Bri - 24
Him: Patrick - 24
Started dating: September 2004
How you met: Work
Expected engagement date: SOON! The deadline is December 31, 2007...but this ring business is taking FOREVER so who really knows?
28.gif

Anything else?: I REALLY want to be engaged already!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

SeeShell

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. I''ve been a lurker for a few months, and have decided to come out of lurk-dom. At least for a little bit.

Me: 23
Him: 24
Started dating: Sept. 2003
How you met: College
33.gif
I wish I knew. Hopefully within a year!
Anything else? I found Pricescope because I needed some moral support - it seems that every week I learn of a different high school or college friend who has become engaged. Reading about all of you other LIW who are in the same boat really helps. Thanks to you all!

Hello, and glad to meet you all.
1.gif

hazel_eyes

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

Me: 28, IT Auditor
Him: 26 (27 in 2 months time..), IT Administrator
Started dating: July 2003
How you met: He was my replacement when I got a promotion in work! I had to ''train him in''...
emteeth.gif

Expected engagement date: Sometime between now and the end of the year
Anything else you want to add?: We have lived together for 2 years, 1 year in my previous house which I owned, then I sold up and we bought a place together and moved cities. I went through a bit of a rocky ''what did I just do/give up for you....etc etc'' patch a couple of months back but we talked it all out and it''s been great ever since! Phew!
We bought the ring last Saturday, and are going to look at reception venues next week because we want to get married in late 2008 or spring 2009 and everything gets booked up here 2 or 3 years in advance! Still no ring, but I''m patient and knowing he has the ring now is a great feeling because I know its coming *soon*. I''m totally addicted to PS and check the LIW forum almost daily and also check out SMTR to get my bling fix until I have my own to obsess over.....
Good to meet you all!

missy26

Rough_Rock
Me: 25
Him: 29
Started dating: Oct 13 2006
How you met: work
Expected engagement date: within a year
Anything else you want to add?: I love love love him and can''t wait to spend forever with him. I am the luckiest woman in the world and no matter what, at the end of the day, he''s always the one I want to come home to!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, I've been on PS and the LIW list for almost a year and I don't think I've posted on this thread yet.

Me: Stephanie, 27, Editor
Him: TJ, 32, Project Manager
Started dating: mid-September 2006
How you met: at a Starbucks
Expected engagement date: asap
Anything else you want to add?: I have LIW'itis really really bad these days!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I filled this out either.....

Me: Amanda, 24, Darn it, I wish I would have filled this out when I had a job.
Him: Andy, 26, Automotive Manager
Started dating: November, 2003
How you met: He came into my work
Expected engagement date: asap
Anything else you want to add?: Nah

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results