shape
carat
color
clarity

Intimate Grooming.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I swear I'm not being difficult, just clarifying: are you saying that the inner labia (edit: or, rather, space between inner and outer, I suppose) can grow hair, or that when left long, the hair of the outer labia and/or pudenda can get gunked with menstrual blood, etc?

If it's the former, I DID NOT KNOW THAT, fun fact for the day! Having once yanked a nose hair out, though, I can only imagine how much waxing that region would hurt. I waxed my pits once, and it brought tears to my eyes. Never again! Shaving might be a bore, but at least it doesn't hurt.

If it's the latter ... eh. Keeping things trimmed/groomed enough for it to not be an issue doesn't have to go into space-age laser territory. It certainly CAN, for those as like the look and feel ... but I do find the conflation of "natural" and "unclean" to be kind of interesting. Like some kind of extreme backlash to the dirty hippy ethos.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Circe|1373730498|3482384 said:
I swear I'm not being difficult, just clarifying: are you saying that the inner labia (edit: or, rather, space between inner and outer, I suppose) can grow hair, or that when left long, the hair of the outer labia and/or pudenda can get gunked with menstrual blood, etc?

If it's the former, I DID NOT KNOW THAT, fun fact for the day! Having once yanked a nose hair out, though, I can only imagine how much waxing that region would hurt. I waxed my pits once, and it brought tears to my eyes. Never again! Shaving might be a bore, but at least it doesn't hurt.

If it's the latter ... eh. Keeping things trimmed/groomed enough for it to not be an issue doesn't have to go into space-age laser territory. It certainly CAN, for those as like the look and feel ... but I do find the conflation of "natural" and "unclean" to be kind of interesting. Like some kind of extreme backlash to the dirty hippy ethos.
Yes, the mucous-y inner tissue of the labia majora can grow hair. If you ever do get a wax, ask your aesthetician about it. Either they're being nice or it's not particularly rare.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
i personally like my man to be completely shaved, he likes me to be completely shaved (and i wouldn't have it any other way). I shave his back and he shaves his chest and ya know :naughty:

I would really love for him to get waxed for our wedding/honeymoon...chest, back, down there...we shall see ;-) i told him we can go together, ill get waxed and he can too...i'm not sure if they wax "down there" on guys. Guess thats something i will have to look into haha.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

BE WARNED. GRAPHIC CONTENT.

Pubic hair can grow over all the labia majora and the 'outer' part of the labia minora. Pubic hair can also grow along the perineum from the vaginal opening to the anus. It can extend to the entire perianal area. It can extend to the inner thighs. The hairs can be quite dense and/or long. If one has a very full covering of all labia, the hair is going to be catching sweat, vaginal secretions, and urine daily. Menstrual blood is a monthly bonus.
One would have to deal with cleanliness and odour according to their personal and cultural preferences, but if one preferred to keep all hair I think carrying baby wipes would be in order. Full bush does not mean unclean.

END GRAPHIC CONTENT.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ladies, thank you for explaining - I think I understand the perspective opposing my own a lot more clearly now. Sometimes I forget that the "people vary" thing is even more applicable to bodies than philosophies.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1373724377|3482332 said:
FYI, bald men don't necessarily have more testosterone, it's just that their hair is more sensitive to one of the by products of testosterone. So don't think that sexy bald head is a sure indication of raging hormones. Sorry folks! And as you know, male sex drive is not just a simple matter of testosterone levels alone: there are always other factors both physical and psychological.

The only thing I will say about my own grooming is thank god I don't have a lot of body hair!

Thanks for both comments you made above, rosetta. I was wondering about the scientific validity of the testosterone claims. I'm glad to get an MD's opinion of the science involved.

Your comment on your own grooming, that your are glad you don't have a lot of body hair, makes me want to say that:

a)I am glad I don't have a lot of body hair

and

b)I am glad that when I was dating that shaving anything but one's legs and underarms was unheard of!

AGBF
:read:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoveLikeCrazy|1373731842|3482398 said:
i'm not sure if they wax "down there" on guys. Guess thats something i will have to look into haha.

Yes, they do. It usually costs about double the price of a woman's brazilian, though. Some places call them boyzilians. I once asked my old waxer why they charged SO much more for men, and joked that it must be because no one wants to see their ugly junk. She told me THAT was one reason, but mostly it was because men were so much hairier and bigger scardy-cats. They take longer times to complete the waxing because they'll ask for breaks, scream, and just be an overall hassle.

Have your SO take a few shots before he goes in ;))

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

Circe, before I got my groupon laser deal, I used to pluck all my pubes and my armpit hairs!! :lol: They hurt much less than plucking nose hairs. I accidentally pulled one out because a stubborn booger was attached to it. I CRIED.

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Circe|1373728654|3482368 said:
MissStepcut said:
peacechick|1373578291|3481345 said:
Love that link.

I think the intimate grooming debate is much like the circumcision debate. :roll: I do think the hygiene argument is pretty bogus, so it really just comes down to culture and personal preference.
I invite you over to check out why you're wrong. Hint: hair can grow in mucous membranes.

I literally do not know what this means, outside of nose hair, and every supposition I can posit scares me. I am sure the google results would scar me for life. (Anecdotally: in an academic community, I once saw someone jokingly say that since they'd celebrated every professional achievement with a piercing, by the time they had tenure, they'd have a fully labial corset! Did I google? Yes. Did I regret it? YES.) But at any rate ... *is* that a hygiene thing? Whenever I hear that argument, it seems to skew more towards the belief that if you're not waxing, you're not washing, either, which seems a bit of. a stretch ....

I didn't plan to jump in on this thread, though I've certainly enjoyed it. The comments article was especially laugh inducing and the candor has been a breath of fresh air, ahem. Regarding cleanliness: after travelling in France, my aunt returned home and promptly installed a bidet. Her home is mine now and I love it. Cleanliness never has to be an issue, full bush or not!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results