shape
carat
color
clarity

Intimate Grooming.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
So, there was some tangential (tangenital?) discussion on another thread that made me wonder. What do you think of intimate grooming? A little trim is OK? Full bush? Pubic topiary art? Nude is good?
What say you, fine PSer's?

Also, this: http://the-toast.net/2013/07/02/all-you-can-say-about-pubes-online/
Not entirely suitable for work due to the odd naughty word. No weird pictures though, all text.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I lasered everything off about 1.5 years ago. Best decision ever. My hair grows stick straight, and when I trim, they turn into deadly sharp needles that shred tiny holes in the front of my underwear. Lasering was a ton cheaper than waxing, and I don't have to deal with regrowth every month.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer my men to be moderately trimmed.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
That was by far the BEST article I have read in a while!!!!! Good stuff! :tongue: I don't remember the last time I actually laugh out loud at something I read. I had to send to DH. Threading hair through a loom :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1373575067|3481280 said:
So, there was some tangential (tangenital?) discussion on another thread that made me wonder. What do you think of intimate grooming? A little trim is OK? Full bush? Pubic topiary art? Nude is good?
What say you, fine PSer's?

Also, this: http://the-toast.net/2013/07/02/all-you-can-say-about-pubes-online/
Not entirely suitable for work due to the odd naughty word. No weird pictures though, all text.

OMG...my cheeks are red!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, what a hoot: "”First they came for my pits, but I said nothing.”

#27 is more true than most would like to admit.....

and I think this is the funniest link I've gone to in many an age!

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL :lol:

Why didn't anyone warn me that everything goes gray? I mean, you'd think that somewhere in all that information about menstrual cycles, birth control and the pros /cons of HRT it would have been mentioned. Right now I'm somewhere between too gray for the laser and #27. In the meantime I have a wax pass at the European wax center.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Love that link.

I think the intimate grooming debate is much like the circumcision debate. :roll: I do think the hygiene argument is pretty bogus, so it really just comes down to culture and personal preference.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Completely unintentional, but the part that made me SCREAM in laughter is that I used to bang a guy named Trey!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!! TOOOOOOO FUNNY!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, as someone who worked in a clinic x 18+ years in this city and 5 years in another... and has examined thousands in that time frame, there is VERY LITTLE pubic hair in "dem dar nether regions" in the Eastern Ontario area ... just sayin'!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1373578370|3481348 said:
Completely unintentional, but the part that made me SCREAM in laughter is that I used to bang a guy named Trey!

That comment was awesome.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love body hair on men, everywhere! Especially shoulders, backs and cabooses.
Generally, the more the better, unless it approaches that medical condition which has hair covering the entire face.
Hairless men remind me of women and children.

Nothing against women or children, they just ain't my cup of tea in that special wink wink nudge nudge way ... I just prefer coffee. :lol:

My SO got his back hair laser removed and it really pissed me off.
We've had many arguments on this subject.
Yes it's his body, but he made himself less attractive to me, and I made that clear to him before he made the decision.
Of course I still love him, the person, and I still hope we stay together forever.

This was not a medical-indicated procedure like breast reduction to help back pain, when her hubby wished they'd remain large.
His desire for a smooth back was a reaction to social pressure to look like X.

What pisses me off is social pressure to be one way, vs. respecting that people vary and what people are attracted to varies too.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread! I'll have to chime in later.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think intimate grooming is fine and everyone's personal choice, what I do find a bit odd is when you read articles about women taking their daughters aged 8 or 10 or whatever to be waxed and there was that barbie doll lady recently who posed for playboy who bought her 7 year old a voucher to have breast implants. Is it just me, but I say let kids be kids, leave them the hell alone....

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Hilarious link, LMAO!!! I had my armpits lasered two weeks ago. That was my test run :devil: Nether regions are next, but I am a bit concerned with resembling a plump naked baby. :-o

justginger

Ideal_Rock
That article is HILARIOUS. This comment left below was the icing on the cake for me: "I have one of those bikini trimmer things and I accidentally set it too short and now I am REALLY ITCHY YOU GUYS. I'm assuming this is the correct place to talk about this."

Personally, the concept of lots of hair, on men or women, makes me shudder. Clean that ish up, seriously.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I go bare and wear a merkin

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For women i like what you describe as topiary art. A little up top, as to not look prepubescent

Men I couldn't care. When I was young and learned what that was I assumed it grew all over a man down there and it just looked like cousin It!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1373580535|3481377 said:
Generally, the more the better, unless it approaches that medical condition which has hair covering the entire face.

My SO is a hairy man. Hairy arms (forearm mostly) is my favorite!
And a beard. I don't think I would ever date a man without a beard. (Haven't sense I was 14) I understand completely what you mean. If my SO shaved his beard is be devastated.

He's actually quite harry everywhere but his head :o
Gosh I love that bald SOB :LOL:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1373598094|3481553 said:
kenny|1373580535|3481377 said:

My SO is a hairy man. Hairy arms (forearm mostly) is my favorite!
And a beard. I don't think I would ever date a man without a beard. (Haven't sense I was 14) I understand completely what you mean. If my SO shaved his beard is be devastated.

He's actually quite harry everywhere but his head :o
Gosh I love that bald SOB :LOL:

My DH would kill me for this-he has a hairy bum so before we went on our honeymoon I made an appointment for him to get waxed!!! :devil:
Told him it was just in case we went to a nude beach :lol: We didn't, but his ass was smooth like a babies butt for our honeymoon!
He strangely has never agreed to be waxed again :cheeky:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for that link. Hah. I pictured all the stereotyped people with their stereotyped answers.. Gave me a good laugh!

Like the baby ear piercing and boys' circumcision, my stance is whatever floats your boat (or your man's manhood!).
I prefer myself to be groomed, and my partner to be, at minimum…

Warning, TMI:
trimmed long enough so that it doesn't cause rug burn on my girly bits, but short enough where it doesn't poke at my eyes…

I also got lasered a few years ago, but I never completed my sessions, and I've had some regrowth. I shave now.
I need to get my laser done before I go grey, though! ;))

I once talked to a guy who told me that he wanted all his women to be unshaven, because he liked that the fur trapped the scent in…. :errrr:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those women who are racing to get lasered before they go grey: you may be wasting time and money as well as going through unnecessary pain. Instead of going grey, you could go bald.

AGBF
:read:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, deb, I was writing something along the same lines!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1373577382|3481327 said:
oh, what a hoot: "”First they came for my pits, but I said nothing.”

#27 is more true than most would like to admit.....

and I think this is the funniest link I've gone to in many an age!

Well now that I've had time to read the linked item, I know what number 27 is. That was my point when I read all the brouhaha in this thread about getting lasering done before you turn grey. get lasered if you are very young and are sure you would otherwise be shaving for 20 years and don't want to. But all the women racing to get lasered before they get grey here can't be 20 and they don't really know what's coming up. One poster said no one warns you that things are going to get grey. Well: ladies, consider this thread your warning. Things won't be grey for long enough for you to bother with the lasering. Read number 27 and prepare yourselves.

Deb
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1373603054|3481596 said:
OMG, deb, I was writing something along the same lines!

I could tell we were simpatica. :saint:

Deb

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was kidding… By the time I go grey, the bald Playboy trend might be out, and I might want a furry patch back like how furry chests were in in the 70s. Haha. Then I might have to wear a coochie toupee a la Kate Winslet in The Reader. Maybe it'll flap in the air when the wind blows, like Donald Trump's hair.. sexy...

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my gosh, do any of you watch Sex and the City? Remember Samantha found her first grey? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and dyed her fur patch?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG at what age do you go bald down there? Anyone???

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1373604632|3481611 said:

Well, I doubt Kenny is an expert on this aspect of women's life, but I think I can still quote him and say, "people vary". Some of us are far less hairy than others to begin with and have less hair on our arms and legs. From what I have gathered (purely anecdotal evidence) from my cohort of friends, those of us who are less hairy to begin with tend to go bald earlier. The hairier (often more Mediterranean) types retain hair longer...on legs and other areas as well. They can be shaving for decades longer than us fair gals. But, as I said, this is anecdotal.

AGBF
:saint:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are days I swear they migrated to my upper lip and chin.......perhaps that's another "advantage of being of Mediterranean heritage...........sigh.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1373607092|3481617 said:
arkieb1|1373604632|3481611 said:

Well, I doubt Kenny is an expert on this aspect of women's life...

Indeed.
Aren't y'alls from Mars or Venus or someplace? :D

What I find odd is men with more testosterone have hairier bodies, but their heads go bald earlier. :???:
Whassup wit dat?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results