shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance issues....in USA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Just want to bring up the insurance issue and hopefully get some feedback.....have been calling around for several days, with no call backs (perhaps it''s the season....)...Anyway, my policy through homeowners (separate "marine" policy) only covers loss, theft....not any kind of damage or breakage....called the agent and read the policy (which says very little, BTW!!) I''m considering just keeping this relatively inexpensive policy and sort of "self-insuring " myself re: anything else (putting money aside to use for anything that might happen, rather than paying the $ to ins. co.)
Any thoughts, ideas recommendations on this whole insurance issue? What do the best policies cover?
33.gif
33.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I was just reading the insurance threads yesterday. There's one by Chubb which seems to give you the amount it's appraised for instead of finding you another similar stone. Then there's another company that's been around for a long time, but they specifically are a jewelry insurer (sounds like they insure actual jewelry stores mainly, but also insures individual consumers). Both cover breakage, loss, etc. Like a full policy basically.

How much is your ring worth? if it's not too much, I'd try and self insure. I don't make enough to be able to self insure the ring I bought so I have to go through insurance.

Edit: the other company is apparently Jeweler's Mutual

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Heard back from Chubb agent...message...need to call and clarify things...they have quite a minimum amount you need to get from them....I want to consider all options....

claimsjeff

Rough_Rock
Maxine: You can go to our website at jewelersmutual.com and price out a quote yourself without going through an agent. Then if you want to apply, simply follow the on-line application steps. You don''t even need an agent...... Thanks and good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results