shape
carat
color
clarity

Insurance appraisal question - H&A, ASET

Jhyphi

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I got a diamond + ring and online store gave me H&A images with ASET, idealscope, etc. It worked out that a brick and mortar store ordered the diamond for me and placed it in setting I got from them.

Any case, now I'm ready for insurance. The appraisal I got from the B&M store mentions the carat, clarity, color, cut (excellent), but that's about it. It makes no reference to the near H&A cut.

So question: Do I do anything about that? Send in the ASET, Idealscope, H&A images as part of my appraisal to the insurance?

Thanks!
John

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, you should definitely include these and ask that they get noted in the insurance report. You want it in writing in the report because if you need to file a claim, they will have to replace the diamond with the same kind and quality.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have you talked to your appraiser about this? What did they say?

"Near H&A" is not a very well-defined concept. Heck, H&A isn't well defined. That may be the heart of the issue.

Most stores are not familiar with Idealscopes, ASETs, and similar reflector type ways of documenting things. Again, ask. Appraisers are not all the same.

Jhyphi

Rough_Rock
denverappraiser|1464192526|4036170 said:
Have you talked to your appraiser about this? What did they say?

"Near H&A" is not a very well-defined concept. Heck, H&A isn't well defined. That may be the heart of the issue.

Most stores are not familiar with Idealscopes, ASETs, and similar reflector type ways of documenting things. Again, ask. Appraisers are not all the same.

My brick&mortar jeweler that I bought the finished ring/diamond from and did the appraisal is not very familiar with H&A or ASET. I got the images from the online store that originally stocked the diamond.

And idea how I can get this handled and included in the appraisal? Should I go back to them and get it included? Or do I have to find another appraiser?

Thanks!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you're otherwise happy with the appraisal, start with them and see what they say. They may be able to use the images from the seller. Call 'em and ask. Their contact information should be in the body of the report.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results