shape
carat
color
clarity

Inherited this ring with little info. Any help!

Maddock29

Rough_Rock

I inherited this ring along with some other jewelry. I will NEVER wear this, and I don't really want to keep it as I'm moving across the country and I'm just not big ring fan.

My aunt had this for a long time. Appears to be Gold, Opal and Diamonds. There is a stamp on the inside that says "D'Roberts 14k". Any idea if it's worth anything? Or honestly is there any advice on how and where to sell this?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can check what opal and gold vintage rings are going for on ebay to give you an idea. You may want to have a jeweler look at it and confirm the stones are what you think, it's impossible to tell from photos.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure who it's by - sort of looks 60's vintage to me for some reason. Any hallmarks inside the shank?

If you decide to sell it let me know as I love it! :dance:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I’d call that 1960s style, the chunky look was popular then.
It’s a white opal, one would presume Australian, it appears to have a little “crazing” which can affect value.
Opals, after type, are valued according to the intensity of the colour play, the more colours, especially red, the more valuable.
If the ring isn’t your style, you could sell the setting for gold value and perhaps set the opal into another style ring or even pendant.
Value, probably around $350 - $500.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I think this was designed to look like a coral reef. The opal may be synthetic.

Since it isn’t your taste, check out Etsy, eBay, loupetroop, and rubylane for comparable rings and price yours competitively to them.

good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results