shape
carat
color
clarity

Indicolite or Blue/Green Tourmaline pricing

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I am looking for a pair of blue/green or indicolite tourmalines for a pair of earrings.

I like these, but is this a fair price? I am not familiar with pricing at all for these.

I basically want to make these, but at a better price and with a slightly different diamond halo, but still a scattered/midcentury vibe and less brutalist, more polished. Those stones also have a huge window.

Any advice? The pair in the listing is 11.85 x 8.62, but I think if I hit 9.5 mm at least, it's a similar look and still a big earring, which is what I'm after. I'm looking for big stones, with a blue green color and would like to stick to a rectangular shape if possible, rather than ovals, etc. Thanks.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
No insight on pricing as I've never shopped for indicolites. But wanted to say I love the halos on your inspiration pic! So cool.

M

maru8888777

I've seen prices be all over the place... Yavorskyy also sells very beautiful ones (but ships from Thailand and I don't know about returns), but it might be worth comparing. Both Africa Gems and Yavorskyy seem priced on the higher end, but are reliable.

mayday

Shiny_Rock
$1200-2800 per carat is not uncommon for good-color/clarity indicolites (teal-forward). Based on that estimate the pair you show in your first post might not be too bad a deal. I'd shop around, if possible, and there is no substitute for seeing the stones in person to make sure the color is what you expect. They can be so variable in color.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I&R had a gorgeous pair of indicolite tourms but they seem to be sold out now. Here is a ring that features one that was similar in color. It may be worth contacting them to see what they have:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn’t Africa charm still give a new customer coupon?

I would just ask if they are “open color” and if they black out in some lighting. The earrings seem to have windows. Pricing is all over the place for indicolite.

landscape

Shiny_Rock
Only blue color indicolite /lagoon tourmalines can be worth that price, the more green it is, the lower the price .

Comparison of blue samples and blue-green samples

DSC_7512.jpg DSC_1620.jpg DSC_2065.jpg
DSC_5428 拷贝.jpg
DSC_3438.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_1624.jpg
    DSC_1624.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_7521.jpg
    DSC_7521.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_5437.jpg