shape
carat
color
clarity

In search of an Asscher...with a time constraint!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe I forgot about these. I am a huge fan of Stardust settings. I''m sure the price is expensive but I''m sure you could get something custom that would fall in this realm. Anyway, they have some of the daintiest asscher halo settings I''ve seen. I''ll post some of them but I think its worth checking out their website for ideas. I don''t know if anyone on here has a Stardust setting but I''d love to see it if you do. The first setting I think is by far the best at maintianing the shape of the asscher without overpowering the stone itself.

stardust4.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
here is another...

stardust5.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I love how small the band is on the second one I think it really highlights the size of the stone. I''m partial to the pink halo though so I had to post the third. Anyway, hopefully that provides some ideas for anyone out there looking for an asscher setting.

d_b

Rough_Rock
Hey, thanks for all the suggestions! Tomorrow is the day...planning on heading up in the morning so I''ll let you all know how it goes in the afternoon. I really like those setting emeraldlover, what do you think about a wedding band though...will it ever sit flush? That is the one of the concerns I have about most of the asscher settings...any advice?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Luck!!! From the photo that stone looks very pleasing. No expert here, just like what I see.

Don''t forget to have FUN at the store.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
EMERALD LOVER! Where were you six months ago when Isaku was looking for this exact ring? Stardust Diamonds indeed!

pic1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just called and asked the price of this one myself. Never hurts to have a back up!
pic1.jpg

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
d_b...I''m pretty sure that since the settings that I posted are raised it looks like they would sit flush but I''m sure you could call and ask. Its worth visiting that website though http://www.stardustdiamonds.com/home.php

The more I look at it, I love the second setting with the really small band. I bet if you were having it done custom that the jewler could find a way to make it sit flush. Any luck in getting in touch with them?

Gypsy...I don''t know where I was. I haven''t really posed this much but I have too much info not too. I love really unique settings and I''m always searching. I don''t know why, its a favorite past time of mine
1.gif
When I looked at the website again I saw the baguette setting I just couldn''t remember who asked for it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YIKES! Those stardust setting are EXPENSIVE!!! The one I asked about was $5900. And that was using GOLD not platinum and using their B quality, not A quality, diamonds. JEEZ!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I pretty much figured for designer with that much detail...its like clothes...that much detail=expensive. I like the idea though...and I think some of the "ideas" could be incorporated into a custom for a little less.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
How did it go?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2006 2:17:21 PM
Author: wallermama
How did it go?
Ditto!

d_b

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Sorry about not posting sooner. Everything has been totally hectic around here all week and I have had no time at all to even think. First off, I want to thank everyone here for their help. You all have been really kind to take time out to help me find the right direction for this project of mine.

Last Saturday I made the trip up to Good Old Gold. I couldn''t have been happier with the outcome. Jonathan and Christen showed me a couple of asschers and a number of rounds. I hate to say it to all you asscher fans, but I ended up going with a round! Unbelievable I know, but I just couldn''t resist them...

Anyone who has the opportunity to go to Good Old Gold and see their diamonds before picking, I highly recommend it. Christen did an amazing job walking me through the basics, helping me narrow down the diamonds in the running, and putting up with my constant questions! Jonathan brought the science side of things alive and helped give me the information necessary to make the final decision. Four hours later, I was back on the train to NYC.

Today they shipped me a 1.68 G VS1 that is absolutely amazing!

My thanks goes to all of you for leading me to Good Old Gold. I can''t tell you how happy I am with my purchase! And extra thanks goes out to Jonathan and Christen!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats d_b...please post pictures when you can...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats d_b, that''s great!!! Can''t wait to see it!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! That is exciting news! Lucky you for being able to go there to see the diamonds!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you found something that you are happy with! Can''t wait for pictures.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
round?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
LOL
congrates!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
db, this is a prime example of thinking we want one thing, when our eyes want another. Congrats on your purchase, that''s a fantastic size! Please post pics when you can!

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
d_b ......hello. i sure enjoyed your story, and everyone''s suggestions and comments were great. what a .....lol.....great twist in the end! a round diamond...hey, thanks for leavin'' an extra asscher on the market for me! :)

i sure understand were you''ve been... tryin'' to come up with a decision...

congratulations!

ron...

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I''m glad you had fun! Please post pictues of the stone when you can.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey d_b,

It was a great pleasure to serve. We always like it when we can meet our net clients face to face and get to know them better.

All the best,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results