shape
carat
color
clarity

In over my head, any guidance for a guy starting to look?

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Re: In over my head, any guidance for a guy starting to look

She doesn't know exactly what she wants, her likes are all over the place, and she doesn't know her ring size? And, she's open to talking about engagement rings with you. The best course of action would be for you both to go to a jewelry store that has a wide selection and try stuff on. What looks good on a screen can be very different from what you like on the hand. Pictures of rings are much larger than the rings themselves. You'll be surprised at how delicate and subtle jewelry looks in person. Please, please go look at rings in person before committing to such a large purchase.

clone1008

Rough_Rock

I was recently in your exact situation. I ended up concentrating on the perfect diamond (Whiteflash ACA). Putting that in a simple solitaire setting and proposing. Then we started a relationship online www.josephjewelry.com and came up with the perfect setting that is a one of kind that she helped design. She couldn't be happier. Just a thought.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

clone1008|1446456989|3944682 said:
I was recently in your exact situation. I ended up concentrating on the perfect diamond (Whiteflash ACA). Putting that in a simple solitaire setting and proposing. Then we started a relationship online www.josephjewelry.com and came up with the perfect setting that is a one of kind that she helped design. She couldn't be happier. Just a thought.

I actually like this idea. It does seem like she is over the place (antique inspired and tension setting?), and the fact she vetoed something on her pinterest page makes me worried for you getting it right!
I also like the idea of focusing on getting a beautiful stone (maybe an oval?) and then having you and her design the setting together.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok, for real, I think I've found a winner. Low set,unique, ornate setting.75 ish diamond, platinum and currently 3450 during presale now we just need her to get you some specs on the diamond, but it looks white to my eyes(and eye clean) dont sit on this if you like it I don't expect it to be there long.

https://jewelsbygrace.smugmug.com/NEW-ARRIVALS/Art-Deco-Old-European-Cut/

This is sold by a very respected consignment shop
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/
It's just not listed on her site yet

jewels_by_grace_1110533713462998606_186775940.png

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What am I seeing at 9:00??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results